Hello from Israel!

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Hello from Israel!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 94 total)
  • Author
    Eitan
    @eitan

@emberynus-the-dragonslayer

It’s all okay 馃榾

Has the website I recommended been helpful?

I didn’t yet check it in depth, but it looks very useful. Thank you!

@chalice

Yes! I believe it! (I don鈥檛 know how to say that in Hebrew. )

In Hebrew it’s:

讻谉! 讗谞讬 诪讗诪讬谞讛 讘讝讛!

转讜讚讛 专讘讛! 注讻砖讬讜 讗谞讬 专讜爪讛 诇注砖讜转 讗转 讝讛.

砖诪讞 诪讗讜讚 砖注讝专转讬 诇讱!

I absolutely love drawing! What kind of things do you like to draw?

Cool!

I draw mostly allegories (for example, the 3rd temple and a great lion sitting near it with nails in his paws, and a river flowing from the open tomb cave of Jesus) and sometimes also scenes from the Bible (for example – John sees the new Jerusalem coming down from the sky) – it’s because I draw mostly while listening to sermons 馃檪

You don't need to see the wind itself in order to hear the rustling leaves.

Eitan
      @eitan

@claire-h

Paul Washer and Voddie Baucham are two of my favorite preachers. Paul Washer started a missionary society called HeartCry. Voddie Baucham is a pastor in Zambia, Africa.

I’m checking right now Washers statement of faith. It seems that he teaches that to be saved, one must stop sinning and start do good works:

Repentance.聽Repentance is an evangelical grace wherein the Holy Spirit makes a person aware of the manifold evil of his sin, so that he humbles himself with godly sorrow, detesting sin and abhorring (i.e.聽hating) self, with a purpose and endeavor to walk before God so as to please Him in all things.

However, my English isn’t perfect, so maybe I misunderstood the text… Can you, or anyone who reads it and is familiar with Washer’s teachings, explain me please?

I have also found Baucham’s statement of faith, but it’s long, so I’ll check it another day 馃槈

Claire
        @claire-h

@eitan

It聽seems that he teaches that to be saved, one must stop sinning and start do good works:

Repentance. Repentance is an evangelical grace wherein the Holy Spirit makes a person aware of the manifold evil of his sin, so that he humbles himself with godly sorrow, detesting sin and abhorring (i.e. hating) self, with a purpose and endeavor to walk before God so as to please Him in all things.聽

He’s just that saying that repentance is recognizing your sin and turning away from it, and seeking to follow God and please him instead of living in continual sin. In other words, the Holy Spirit changes our hearts to stop loving sin and start loving God. When we love God, we seek to obey his commands, not because that’s what saves us but because that’s how we show that we love Him. 聽Paul Washer doesn’t think you have to do good works to be saved, he’s just saying that one of the evidences of repentance and faith is that we want to obey God. Does that answer your question? 馃檪

a flower does not think of competing with the flower next to it.
          it just blooms.

Eitan
          @eitan

Definitely. Thank you very much!! 馃榾

Claire
            @claire-h

@eitan

No problem!! If you have any other theology questions feel free to send them my way. 馃榾

a flower does not think of competing with the flower next to it.
              it just blooms.

WolverineRM
              @wolverinerm

@eitan

Yep, that鈥檚 Thunder! I鈥檓 training him as a therapy dog, to work in hospitals. He鈥檚 a lot of fun.

And yes, I live in Texas! 馃槅 I鈥檝e also lived in Arizona, which is more of a desert than Texas is, and really pretty in its own right. Texas is my favorite, though, even though I love them both.

Wow, I didn鈥檛 know there were hyenas in Israel! That鈥檚 really neat! Reading about all the different areas there is amazing; what a neat place to live!

Yes, the South does tend to be more Christian, which is why I鈥檓 proud of it. 馃槈 I鈥檓 not sure that that鈥檚 exactly why a Southern accent comes across that way, but it was a neat explanation. 馃槈

I ask where he got these crazy ideas anyway
                He just smiles and says, it鈥檚 the way that I was raised

Emberynus The Dragonslayer

@eitan

You’re welcome once again. 馃檪

Sleep doesn't help if it's your soul that's tired.

Eitan
                @eitan

Today is the Israeli Holocaust memorial day. It’s painful to see how even after every curse from Deuteronomy 28 came upon us in the Holocaust, most of the Jews still reject God.

@wolverinrm

Texas is my favorite, though, even though I love them both.

How is Texas like?

what a neat place to live!

I’m happy to hear 馃檪

WolverineRM
                  @wolverinerm

@eitan

That is so sad…everything about the Holocaust is really heartbreaking. I’m sure it’s less prevalent in Israel, but I know some people in America want to say that it never happened, which is really tragic. May we never, ever forget!

Well, it depends on what part of Texas you’re in, since it’s so big. The part that I’m from, Central Texas, is really hot in the summertime and rarely gets snow, but there are so many wildflowers and lots of lakes where you can go swimming and fishing. There are several big cities, but I don’t think it feels crowded (I like the cities just as much as nature so…). There’s a strong military presence, which gives it its own kind of distinct culture, and everyone is super friendly. I love it. 鈽猴笍 Right now we live in the mountains, and it’s not quite the same, but it’s still pretty and there’s plenty of good hunting, so that’s fun!

Eitan
                    @eitan

@wolverinrm

I know some people in America want to say that it never happened, which is really tragic.

If it wasn’t tragic, it would’ve been ridiculous – both the Germans and the Jews agree that there was a Holocaust.

There鈥檚 a strong military presence, which gives it its own kind of distinct culture, and everyone is super friendly. I love it.

It sounds very Israeli lol!

In Israel almost everyone go the army at the age of 18. I want to be in the intelligence force, but I can get along with everything except of warrior forces – you don’t want me there馃槄

there鈥檚 plenty of good hunting

Hunting? It’s so cool!

In Israel we don’t have a lot of nature, and most of the wildlife was hunted to extinction in the last 1000 years (we had bears! Lions! Cheetahs! Lots of leopards! Crocodiles!), so hunting is mainly forbidden.

WolverineRM
                      @wolverinerm

@eitan

Hey, sorry I vanished! I agree, it鈥檚 both tragic and ridiculous, all at the same time.

Oh yeah, the Israeli military is fascinating!! So, what is it about the warrior forces…?

That鈥檚 sad about the hunting. There鈥檚 a few animals, like buffalo, that almost went extinct here in America and now are mostly raised on farms. What animals are still allowed to be hunted there?

Eitan
                        @eitan

@wolverinerm

Oh yeah, the Israeli military is fascinating!! So, what is it about the warrior forces鈥?

I’m not the guy the army wants in the warrior forces. Let’s put it this way.

What animals are still allowed to be hunted there?

Certain birds and wild boars, in the hunting season. In some cities, boars cause damages, so it’s helpful to hunt them.

Eitan
                          @eitan

And I’m sorry for I’ve forgotten, but – Congratulations for the new profile image! 馃槈

(I don’t know if in English people say it for new things. In Hebrew, when someone have something new – like shirt, haircut or profile image – we say ”titchadesh”, which literally means ”be renewed”).

WolverineRM
                            @wolverinerm

@eitan

Oh yeah, there鈥檚 wild boar season in Texas too…

Oh, neat! No, English speakers don鈥檛 really say congratulations for that kind of thing, but my baby brother loves new things and would love it if we did. 馃ぃ

Emberynus The Dragonslayer

@eitan

Hey how have you been lately? With all this Covid junk I figured I’d check on you.

What have you been up to?

Sleep doesn't help if it's your soul that's tired.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 94 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest