fb

Hello from Ireland!

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Hello from Ireland!

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Patrick Lauser
    @patrick-lauser

Hello all!

I’m Patrick Lauser, raised in the Pacific Northwest, been in Ireland for almost twelve years. The name of my company is A Servant of The Author. I have a bigger beard than Mr. Daeus.

My two central themes are strange Fantasy, and right culture. A good description of what I mean by “strange Fantasy” can be found in the intro to the Twilight Zone. I’m an eccentric toymaker really, I love odd little things, magic, and ghost stories.

I’ve made a book, nine online games, and I’ve got a lot of stuff on my Facebook page too.

God bless you all and further your work!

Your servant,
    Patrick

Naiya Dyani
    @naiya-dyani

@Patrick-lauser How did I not see this before? Hi and welcome to SE! I’m into fantasy, too–just a different realm of it. 😉 I’m currently working on the second draft of a low fantasy novel (basically, the only fantasy thing about it is that it’s set in an imaginary world).

Ireland! *happiness* @emberynus-the-dragonslayer come on over here! (She has an Irish character.) *cough* My family has a fair bit of Irish in us. I’m actually not sure what fraction it is specifically, though. Mainly because I’m not sure how much my dad’s side has.

But anyway, we’re glad to have you here! Hope to see more of you around!

Hearts are like matter--they can be beaten down, torn, and burned, but they cannot be destroyed.

Emberynus The Dragonslayer
    @emberynus-the-dragonslayer

@naiya-dyani

Thank you SO MUCH for tagging me!! 😀

@patrick-lauser

THIS IS SO COOL!! IRELAND!! I’VE WANTED TO GO THERE FOR FOREVER!! *runs around screaming*

Okay I’m fine now. 🙂

Hi. I’m me. Aka Ember.

ghost stories are the greatest!

You actually designed games? That is so cool!!

Sold souls and dead promises

Patrick Lauser
    @patrick-lauser

Thank you @naiya-dyani ! I’m not sure if Watership Down counts as low Fantasy, but it is one of my favourite books of all time. Shardik, by the same author, I think would also be low Fantasy, and is also very interesting, but for a very different readership than for Watership Down, if you understand me.

I usually tend to the surreal – if you like my book is free at the moment, and not too long; you could pick it up and see what you think; I also recently posted the first full fledged game I made, and found it is almost twice as long as my book (it’s a text adventure), and even more surreal (but much more amusing, if I do say so myself).

I hope to see more of me around here too! Thank you again!

Patrick Lauser
    @patrick-lauser

Hello @emberynus-the-dragonslayer aka Ember!

Who knows? You might be able to come over to Ireland and stay at our house! We’ve actually had quite a few people do so, it’s very handy (we’re within ten minutes walk to the airport). I might be able to help with your Irish character, particularly if it’s in a more modern context.

What ghost stories do you favour? For me I would certainly say Dracula, Lovecraft’s works, and Carnacki the Ghost Finder (and William Hope Hodgson’s other books).

You actually designed games?

Yup, smallish games; you can play them all if you want! I have nine out at the moment (I’m working on a remake for one of them), and my favourite is “Sì” (it’s a ghost story type one).

Corine
    @corine

Hello! I’m also from Ireland 🙂 Great to have you!

Patrick Lauser
    @patrick-lauser

Hello! Thank you! Where are you in Ireland? We live near the Cork airport (almost twelve years now).

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.