Hello from Australia

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Hello from Australia

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Brie Donning
    @brie-donning

Hello everyone,

I’m excited to be here. Some of you may remember me from Kingdom Pen where I used the name Anna Brie. And some of you know me from else where too. Hi @jane-maree.

I’m writing a whole mix of fantasy, kingdom adventure, fairy-tale retellings, clock-tech and something I haven’t figured out the genre label for. None of it is completely finished, but one has gone from a rambling, stumbling first draft that wanted to fix all the worldview problems Disney has,  through many revisions to become to something with a fairly solid theme and coherent plot. And the new stories are starting off better.

So that’s me. well my writing actually. I suppose i didn’t say much about me. I live in Austrlaia, and besides my writing, I love sewing, and I’m a Girls Brigade assistant leader. (Which would be of great help if I was writing middle-grade, but I’m not.)

ENFP - Introspective extrovert

Exploring reality, yearning for adventure.

J. Dekreel
    @dekreel

Hi, @brie-donning!! Welcome to Story Embers!

Wait, so you’re Jane Maree’s sister? Cool! I didn’t know her sister was also a writer! 😀

When you say “clock-tech” do you mean Steampunk? Sorry, I like Steampunk. XD

What are some of your favorite books?

ENFP-T. Cartoonist, "half-writer", wolfish.
    Blog

Brie Donning
    @brie-donning

@dekreel No, I’m not Jane’s sister, though she does have a sister who writes.

When I say Clocktech, I do basically mean steampunk, but it’s got a little less steam, and considerably less of the Victorian era. Inspired more by late renaissance Italy, and maritime city states. Lots of intrigue and political machinations. Not too much though, because I can’t keep more than a few plotters straight in my head.

I really like Tricia Mingerink’s Blades of Acktar series. Other favourite authors include: Jaye L. Knight, Serena Chase, K. M. Weiland,  and Patrick W. Carr. Also the 27th Protector series by Laura Campbell.

Jane Maree
    @jane-maree

@brie-donning Heeyyy. *waves*

@dekreel
    haha, no, she’s not actually my sister. But we have met several times in real life. 😉

Writing Heroes ♦ Writing Hope // janemareeauthor.com.au

RaeMarie
    @raemarie

Hi @jane-maree! So glad I finally found someone I recognize! It’s been awhile since I’ve talked to you.

INFP-T. Christ follower, music lover, a dreamer of Middle Earth..........

Jane Maree
    @jane-maree

@raemarie Hi! Long time no see. 😀

Writing Heroes ♦ Writing Hope // janemareeauthor.com.au

Brie Donning
    @brie-donning

Hello @sarah-narnathron. Someone else I know.

Sarah Narnathron
    @sarah-narnathron

Allo, @brie-donning! Didn’t know you were here! Welcome to Story Embers!

Welcome to the masquerade.

Mariposa Aristeo
    @mariposa

@brie-donning Hiya! Me and my assistant, Aberdeen the Authorosaurus (he’s an ink-drinking, book-eating dinosaur), greet you! 😀🦖

I’ve always admired people who can sew (I can’t sew anything, not even a simple hole 😅). What are you favorite things to sew?

I think dinosaurs are cooler than dragons. 🦖

Brie Donning
    @brie-donning

@sarah-narnathron I did only just get here.

@mariposa
    I sew a lot of skirts, and I’ve done some blouses and dresses, and I’m currently finishing up a coat. It’s one of the most complicated thing I’ve sewn, but it’s turning out all right. Though I occasionally make things that don’t work, or really don’t suit me, I seem to have the knack.

So, I’d say my favourite thing to make is clothing.

Mariposa Aristeo
    @mariposa

@brie-donning If I could sew, I’d probably make clothing. 🙂 A coat sounds adventurous to make—what kind of coat is it?

I think dinosaurs are cooler than dragons. 🦖

Brie Donning
    @brie-donning

@mariposa It’s green wool and fairly long with a flare at the bottom, and a big hood at the top. I’m putting toggles on it like a duffle coat, but it’s really not shaped like a duffle coat.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest