fb

Hello: Freelance Anime Artist Looking For Comissions

Forums Art Art Discussions Hello: Freelance Anime Artist Looking For Comissions

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Karla Van Der Berg
    @blueberry

Hello!

My name is Karla aka Blueberry/Afro Goblina, and I like to draw them Japanese cartoons. So much so it’s  my dream to become a best selling indie light novel author, and have some dweebs from Japan go “hey this weastern chic has some good stuff, let’s make it into an anime”. *Drools at the thought of this dream becoming a reality.* Until then, my second dream is to one day make it as a freelance illustrator for fellow authors as well.

I am open to doing some commission work as of right now, monetary compensation is the main method. Don’t loose heart though if you cannot afford to do that, becuase I am also willing to do art trades, or do art in exchange people willing to preread my upcoming novel. So don’t be shy to haggle with me a bit. ^_^

If you do what to just do an old fashioned monetary commission, here are my prices:

Full Body B&W sketch: $8

Simple BG, Colored Pic: $12 (Grayscale is $10)

Simple Book Cover: $15 (ex: “Torn”)

Detailed Colored Picture or Bookcover: $20 (-$3 if Grayscale)

(All the above options include one character only. Any additional character is +$4.)

Here is a portfolio of some of my works so you know this isn’t a scam XD:

https://sta.sh/229ukg0sm8x0?edit=1

I, David
    @i-david

*Is excited by the idea of this but is poor*

Four
    INFP
    songwriter

Karla Van Der Berg
    @blueberry

@i-David
    , well actually I am not sure if I am all that ready to take on monetary commissions yet. So how about this, you can help be my crash test dummy (er not that I think you are dumb or anything… that was a metaphor) and give me a practice commission.

Ask for whatever kind of illustration you want, well within reasons…I am not going to draw the whole Marbel pantheon or anything, and then I will draw it for <b>free</b>. That way I can be sure that I am ready for this paid commission shindig and that I am able to make quality content that customers enjoy, and you can get art piece for a story or whatever else you might need an illustration  for.  ^_^

I, David
    @i-david

@i-david, well actually I am not sure if I am all that ready to take on monetary commissions yet. So how about this, you can help be my crash test dummy (er not that I think you are dumb or anything… that was a metaphor) and give me a practice commission. Ask for whatever kind of illustration you want, well within reasons…I am not going to draw the whole Marbel pantheon or anything, and then I will draw it for <b>free</b>. That way I can be sure that I am ready for this paid commission shindig and that I am able to make quality content that customers enjoy, and you can get art piece for a story or whatever else you might need an illustration for. ^_^

*Slowly slides away reference picture of the Marbel pantheon* Woah, that’s awesome! Thankie! Er… now I have to pick someone/thing out…

Four
    INFP
    songwriter

I, David
    @i-david

*Runs up to @blueberry* Hi, Santa Claus! Here’s my list! *Hands over sprawling receipt of requests*

I want a map, one for the country in my book, one for each of the seven cities in it, one for it and the surrounding countries, and one for reference of past nations as well. I also want close-ups, face pictures, biographies, and a full photo-shoot for at least 20 characters of my choice! I also wanna picture of chocolate, pizza, chocolate pizza… *Continues rambling*

Four
    INFP
    songwriter

Karla Van Der Berg
    @blueberry

@i-david Er…well I believe there is a mistake in identity. I am afraid I am not Santa Claus…at least not that you can prove…and I don’t know about doing everything on that list…but I tell you what I will draw one comssion or whatever you want and throw in a drawing of chocolate pizza with that. XD

Sarah Inkdragon
    @sarah-inkdragon

@blueberry

Ahhhh! Another anime artist! (Well, I don’t do commissions, but I’d love to become an indie artist as well. XD) Ooh, so you have deviantart! Sweet. The link you posted isn’t working for me, so would you mind telling me your username so I can go stare at all you art and drool? XD

So, just for fun, what’s you favorite style of manga/anime to draw? I personally prefer a sort of Fullmetal Alchemist or BNHA style, but I’ll draw other stuff from time to time. Usually however that’s what I stick to. 😉

"A hard heart is no infallible protection against a soft head."

- C. S. Lewis

Karla Van Der Berg
    @blueberry

@sarah-inkdragon My  DA is some-idiot-on-da. As for what anime style I draw the most, I honestly think I mix and match styles form different anime I want her into my own style. However some of my favorite styles I take some bits of inspiration from include FMA like you said, My Hero Academia, Studio Trigger’s works (I love their outlandish concepts and simple, fluid art style but I always get annoyed be all their crude fan service…ugh), CLAMP’s works (similar feels to studio trigger), Kannon 2006, Black Clover (yeah it’s total Shonen cheese and not the best written…but I love it and it’s a guilty pleasure), Seven Deadly Sins, Princess Tutu, and Made in Abyss. XD Yeah…I am a big time anime addict. In fact it is a dream of mine that one of my stories would become the first Christian anime. It’s a Christian romance story I have been working on for years. It takes place in a quiet, rural island in south. Oh! It also has cyborgs, despair, and psychological horror as well as a good message about not mistreating cyborgs.

Sarah Inkdragon
    @sarah-inkdragon

@blueberry Ooh, that sounds like an awesome manga! I’d love to someday turn my WIP fantasy novel into a large manga, but we’ll see that happens. XD Ooh, so you are an anime addict like me. 😉 I love anime. My favorites are FMA:Brotherhood, Naruto(because hey, there’s Kakashi and Sai and Tsunade and Shikamaru and Neji.), BNHA, and lots of other ones…. have you ever seen Zankyou no Terro? that’s one of my favs to but it seems like not many people have watched it. *shrug*

- C. S. Lewis

I, David
    @i-david

@blueberry

*Eyes widen at awe of the thought of chocolate pizza*

Alright, for my one thing, I’ll give you a description of my MC, Belial, which you can then do whatever you want to try with him. 🙂

My MC is Belial, a 5′ 11″, 21-year-old, brown-skinned–not to be mixed up with black, which is important–male with short black hair. He wears strange–but still cool, I hope–robes, which are colored black with streaks of dark red throughout. His most distinct aspect, though, is his div and daeva, which is attached to the back of his head, and thus often easily missed.

Stay with me now. The div is a cylindrical stone which is 1 inch in diameter at its base. It is driven in through the back of people’s heads without doing them harm, and isn’t really noticeable. What can be noticeable is the daeva. Belial’s is designed is a small stone disk, 1/4 of an inch thick and 1 inch in diameter. It screws into his div and has two triangles carved into it, one smaller one inside of the other.

Hope that’s clear enough. Heh.

Four
    INFP
    songwriter

Grace
    @h-jones

This is so cool and I would absolutely love to support you!! I’ll suppose I’ll have to see what I can come up with.

Secretly Hedgehog Jones. Don’t tell anyone.

Karla Van Der Berg
    @blueberry

@i-david

Okay so I decided to try doing a character referance sheet of Belial, and he totally sounds like a cool character and I had fun with what I did so far: https://sta.sh/0134f1f60q68 Please checkout the WIP on that link and make sure he is what you pictured. If you want any changes let me know & don’t be shy! ^_^

@sarah-inkdragon

I wanted to make my novel a manga originally, but writing it out rather than drawing it worked better with my schedule when I first started. Plus I like writing and I kind of was saddened at the idea of not taking advantage of all the prose techniques I thought of. And no, I am afraid that I have not watched it yet, but rest assured it has been on my radar for awhile. ^_^

@h-jones
    Daw! Thanks! It’s really encouraging to hear that! ^_^

I, David
    @i-david

@i-david Okay so I decided to try doing a character referance sheet of Belial, and he totally sounds like a cool character and I had fun with what I did so far: https://sta.sh/0134f1f60q68 Please checkout the WIP on that link and make sure he is what you pictured. If you want any changes let me know & don’t be shy! ^_^

Woah, dude. Dang. *Stares at computer screen in shock* I didn’t know what to expect, but that… that is awesome. Wow.

I have a couple notes, but I really feel like they don’t compare (for lack of a better word) to the amazingness you have shown me. Wow, dude… XD I’m in shock, lam.

Four
    INFP
    songwriter

Sarah Inkdragon
    @sarah-inkdragon

@blueberry Yeah, if I don’t end up making my WIP a manga I’ll illustrate it myself probably, and make some a little “guide” to is for fun with all my art for it. Ooh, I think you’ll like Zankyou no Terro. It’s amazing and the art is *faints* gorgeous.

- C. S. Lewis

Karla Van Der Berg
    @blueberry

@i-david

Hello! Sorry for disappearing for two days, but the movie theatre had me clocked in most of my waking hours this weekend cuz “Fantastic Beasts 2” came out and it was law of the jungle at the movies. XD Anyway, here is your freebie commission good sir:

https://sta.sh/211ma0715r4y?edit=1

Let me know if anything needs changing!

@sarah-inkdragon
    Yup, the art style definitely caught my attention. It’s also proof that people who say “all anime look the same” have no idea what they are talking about! XD

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.