fb

Hello fellow worms…I MEAN BOOKWORMS!

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Hello fellow worms…I MEAN BOOKWORMS!

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    ori-art
    @ori-art

I’m new…obvi. I love books, art, music, cappuccino, and my crazy awesome family. And most importantly Jesus.

I haven’t written much recently, but I did when I was younger. While I love a good book, I don’t feel cut out to write them and creating stories out of art is as much or more fun for me.

Well, that’s that…don’t really have much to say. If you want to know something…just ask. I’ll answer or decline to answer…you never know. 😎

"Who knows what the next month will bring? I say let us eat cake now!"
    -Mr. Benedict

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@ori-art   You have no idea how thrilled I am to see another artist on the forums! *tosses confetti and proceeds to twirl around in it*  How did you learn about Story Embers? Ohh, and are you going to sign up for the art guild? I have so many questions, but I don’t wish to overwhelm you. ^0^
    P.S I was highly amused by the title of this thread. 😀

"Though I'm not yet who I will be, I'm no longer who I was."

Ara
    @itisastarrynight

@ori-art WELCOME!! I’m Ara. What do you like to draw? I’d love to see some of your art! If you can’t tell.. Im an artist person, too. 🙂

Sketching with no reference is like hiking without a map!

Libby
    @libby

@ori-art Hi!  I’m so glad you’re here! 🙂 😀
    What are your favorite things to do in your freetime?
    What sort of things do you like to draw?

"Young people, you must pray, for your passions are strong and your wisdom is little."C.H.Spurgeon

ori-art
    @ori-art

@the-fledgling-artist

Oh splendid! Do you often twirl in spaghetti? Oh dear, I’m very bad at this…I meant confetti. Yes, yes, confetti. (your exuberant welcome has left me a bit befuddled 😉)

I found about Story Embers through two of my siblings. One found it, one got hooked on it…and here I am.

I certainly intend to apply to the art guild…since I’m more drawn toward the art aspect of Story Embers. I mean, I love a good book, but I don’t feel like I’m cut out to write them. Plus, I’ve seen some of the artwork y’all have posted and I love it!

Ask away! I’m not easily overwhelmed…I just might not respond right away (as you’ve already witnessed).

@itisastarrynight

Thank you Ara! I love drawing people. There’s somthing about capturing human emotion and depth in art that just makes me happy. What do you enjoy drawing? I painted my profile pic…unfortunately it is kinda blurry. Can you tell what it is? I will try to get some art up soonish…and I’d also love to see yours!

@libby

Thanks Libby!

Ahhh…wait – what free time? 😂 JK  Besides what I already stated…I enjoy: sewing, playing piano and guitar, singing, baking, volleyball, spikeball, journaling, and hanging out with friends and fam.

-Mr. Benedict

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@ori-art I do enjoy me some confetti ^o^ Spaghetti is alright too though.

Is @sageinthemeadow one of your sisters by any chance?

I can relate. I love storytelling , but art is a much easier and natural way of expressing myself/and telling stories.

NO WAY! YOu painted your profile picture?? That looks amazing! Is it oil paint?
    What are your favorite mediums? And how long have you been interested in art?

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@ori-art  Welcome to Story Embers! I am, most regrettably, not an artist, but glad to have another one here to make up for my lack… :_  I do love to sew, though, and cook in general! Where do you live? How old are you?  BTW- Love your topic title! That is awesome! 🙂

Assistant Guildmaster of the Phantom Awesome Meraki
    ~ Created to create ~

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@selah-chelyah That’s okay that you aren’t an artist. Writers are important to the body of Christ too! *squishes you in a hug*

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@the-fledgling-artist  Yep! :_ And that is why God gave me the greatest artists ever as siblings!! (Seriously!)

~ Created to create ~

ori-art
    @ori-art

@the-fledgling-artist

Nope. Not related.

Thanks! It’s actually watercolor…which happens to be the only paint I use. I mostly use graphite…but I’d love to learn to use charcoal. What about you? I’ve loved drawing ever since I can remember, but it’s only been in more recent years that I’ve gotten into painting. I also enjoy hand lettering…

@itisastarrynight

Here is one of my favorites.

@selah-chelyah

Thank you!

I live in the beautiful state of PA and I’m 18. How about you?

Random question: do you like to make bread? I love it…making and eating. 😉

-Mr. Benedict

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@ori-art WhoaaaaaAAAAAAAAAaaa that’s so good!! I’ve only been drawing seriously  for almost three years, so I am not very experienced. Hence my username.So I’m super exited to have more skillful artists join the guild! Maybe i’ll be able to learn a thing or two from you.

Most of my art is very unfinished and sketchy, but when I actually color something I usually use watercolors. 🙂 Colored pencils are really fun too.

I think @eden-anderson is from PA too. (Am I mistaking?)

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

@ori-art

Welcome to Story Embers!! YAY! Another person from  Pennsylvania! I enjoy drawing as well, but I do mostly cartoons and stuff like that.

That picture you drew is AMAZING!!!! I love it!!! ❤️

@the-fledgling-artist

Hey, yeah, I am from PA!

"But how could you live and have no story to tell?" - Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@ori-art  Mmm, not particularly, I guess! 🙂

I am 17 for another couple of months anyway, and live in N. Idaho (gorgeous as well!!).

Your picture is AMAZING!!! I LOVE IT!!! WOW!!!

~ Created to create ~

Ariel Ashira
    @ashira

@ori-art Another artist!!  Your picture is AMAZING!  Wow!

I am fifteen and I like to paint and draw.  I use mostly acrylic paint, though I have tried both watercolor and oil.

Selah Chelyah is my older sister and since she is not an artist, I am her illustrator.  Its a lot of fun!

"No matter how much it hurts, how dark it gets, or how hard you fall, you are never out of the fight."

ori-art
    @ori-art

@the-fledgling-artist

Weeeelllll…I wouldn’t exactly call myself a “skillfull artist…there’s so much I don’t know. But I love hearing other people’s point of view and I’d be happy to give you any tips I can. Feel free to do the same. ☺

@eden-anderson

Thanks! That’s so cool you draw cartoons…unfortunately I’m not very good at them. 😞

@selah-chelyah

Idaho…for real?! I’ve been there once and IT WAS GORGEOUS! I loved the mountains!

@ashira

Thanks! Do you have any of your work on the forum that I could see? I love paintings. And that’s so cool you illustrate for your sister! I once drew a buch of random people and wanted to make a story about them. Ha ha…so my sister was going to see what she could do with them…needless to say we didn’t quite agree on the character types. I still think she should do something with them though. ☺

Is your quote from The Princess Bride? Love it.

Oh and are you and @eden-anderson huge fans of Aslan…or do you just like lions? Admittedly the pics are very cool.

@the-fledgling-artist
    @itisastarrynight @ashira

Here are 2 pictures that I drew beginning and middle of last year that you could make numerous stories out of. The first one was just random the second one kinda had a story around it. I’m the type to draw a scene and than let the viewer use his imagination. 😉

• This reply was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by ori-art.

-Mr. Benedict

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest