fb

Hello Fellow Embers!

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Hello Fellow Embers!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Carolyn Matthews
    @carolyn-matthews

Hi! I’m Carolyn Matthews! I am an enthusiastic writer of dystopian fiction. I also write fantasy. I started writing when I was 5, and have been addicted ever since. I am also a murderer-

Of my characters. In the past two books I have worked on, the main character dies (of execution of murder) in the last chapter. However, they do not die hopeless deaths, they are martyred.

I also write prose. I love it! I love making words rhyme and fit together like an intricately cut puzzle.

I’m sort of doing bullet points right now. Not quite sure.

ANYWAYS, I also LOVE LOVE LOVE my Heavenly Father. I tell him about everything and he listens in his semi-quiet and loving way. God is amazing and I hope you agree.

I don’t know what else to write; I”m not very good at introductions. I typically just yell out, “HEY I’M CAROLYN!” with a big, friendly smile. However, I can’t quite do that here! However, I shall say,

“BYE!”

A God-fearing, singing beast who loves to escape into the pages of her stories whenever possible

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

Welcome @carolyn-matthews ! What is your current work(s) in progress about?

"Though I'm not yet who I will be, I'm no longer who I was."

Grace
    @literatureforthelight

@carolyn-matthews Amen to loving our God 😀 And welcome to SE!

And, well, I guess I can say I’ve greeted a murderer before 😛 That fact about your books sounds fascinating, though. Do you intend to do the same thing with your next book?

Calvin '25 // The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it. (John 1:5)

F.C. Tait
    @fctait

@carolyn-matthews hello and welcome from a fellow murderer of characters!

Lillian.Parks03
    @lillian-parks03

Welcome! Hope you have a great time on Story Embers!

@carolyn-matthews

https://www.pinterest.com/parkerlillian2003/
    https://www.facebook.com/lillian.parker.182940

Carolyn Matthews
    @carolyn-matthews

yes! In the one I am writing I do so!

A God-fearing, singing beast who loves to escape into the pages of her stories whenever possible

Carolyn Matthews
    @carolyn-matthews

@literatureforthelight @the-fledgling-artist I am planning on doing so. My current book is dystopia where the government has begun to fear Christians and kills them all. However, two escape: one by divine intervention and one by complete ignorance. Together, they strive to make a difference, but do it in a very not cliche way.

Grace
    @literatureforthelight

@carolyn-matthews That sounds very, very cool! Best of luck with that WIP 🙂

Calvin '25 // The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it. (John 1:5)

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@carolyn-matthews I second what Grace said! 🙂

"Though I'm not yet who I will be, I'm no longer who I was."

Carolyn Matthews
    @carolyn-matthews

@the-fledgling-artist @literatureforthelight        Thanks! 🙂

Andrew Schmidt
    @andrew

@carolyn-matthews, *sneaks in a weak late* Your story sounds cool! “)

I’ve killed characters before, or at least the story ends sad. But I don’t know about some of these other WIPs.

How long do you intend to have your story (if you already figured that out yet)?  My WIP right now is 12812 words right now, though it will be much longer. I’m planning for it to be a longer story. The point is something along the lines of listen to what people have to say, but don’t do what they do.

You cold use the Pharisees in the Bible for an example. What the Pharisees said was right and true, though they most definitely didn’t always act like that.

Random Stranger: "What do you want to do when you grow up?"
    Me: "Write every inch of your future."

Carolyn Matthews
    @carolyn-matthews

@andrew idk how long it will be, probably pretty decently wide if I can keep from rushing it

Andrew Schmidt
    @andrew

@carolyn-matthews, okay. 🙂 Have fun writing your adventurous story!

Random Stranger: "What do you want to do when you grow up?"
    Me: "Write every inch of your future."

Carolyn Matthews
    @carolyn-matthews

@andrew thanks!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The forum ‘Introduce Yourself’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest