fb

Hello, Fellow Adventurers!

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Hello, Fellow Adventurers!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Katie
    @k-a-ramstad

I’m K.A. Ramstad. I write mainly kids’ stories, though I dabble a little bitย  in YA. As far as genre goes, I write fantasy and a little Sci-Fi.

So far, I have two short stories published. One is “A Japanese Adventure with Hachi” in Chipper Press’ middle grade anthology The Spelunkers.ย The other is “The Princess of Lusanda” in another Chipper Press middle grade anthology, The Princess.

I’m a regular contributor to Jennifer Hallmark’s book review blog, “Friday Fiction: Books From Off the Beaten Track.” Here I review kids’ books.

The following is my author website. Looking forward to sharing the adventure with you!

https://karamstad.com

Noah Cochran
    @noah-cochran

@k-a-ramstad

Howdy Katie! I’m Noah. ๐Ÿ™‚

What got you interested in children’s books as opposed to adult or YA? How long have you been writing?

Katie
    @k-a-ramstad

@noah-cochran

Hi, Noah. Nice to meet you.

So I didn’t get really into writing until I think around 2016. Before it was very much on-and-off. I wrote a book I initially thought would be a YA, but when I posted the beginning of it for my online critique group, somebody thought it was more for a younger audience. So rather than change it into a more YA appropriate story, I decided to make it middle grade. That book isn’t finished yet; it’s one of my many unfinished works. ๐Ÿ˜›

I think with kids’ stories, I’m free to create all sorts of crazy stuff. Like with one of my WIPs, I have a colorful, husky-like sled dog run across water as well as change the snow’s color with her sneezes. Recently, though, I am writing YA stories, including a Rapunzel retelling involving a girl waiting for a heart transplant and living in a community of telepathic spies working for an authoritarian president. So it’s “1984 meets Lurlene McDaniel.” ๐Ÿ™‚

Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

@k-a-ramstad

Hi Katie, I’m Rose! Pleased to meet you!

That’s awesome! There are some other MG writers hereabouts, it’s awesome to have you!

I think with kidsโ€™ stories, Iโ€™m free to create all sorts of crazy stuff. Like with one of my WIPs, I have a colorful, husky-like sled dog run across water as well as change the snowโ€™s color with her sneezes.

That sounds like so much fun! That’s definitely one of the advantages of kids’ stories! Also the reason why I still love reading them, the sheer amount of weird, fun stuff you couldn’t make work in YA makes it so awesome!

I mainly write YA fantasy (But I’m on my first project so I haven’t gotten to try much else ๐Ÿ™‚ )

I’m working on a fantasy trilogy set in an alternate Medieval North Africa! It has no magic or very fantastical elements, but the political systems and history are made up. It’s very fun to write ๐Ÿ™‚

I’m working on the second draft of the first book, (Gilded Blood) and I’ve finished the first draft of the second book, (Shadow Shards) but after I finished this revision of book 1, I’ll draft book 3 first. (Smoke Circlet)

I look forward to seeing you around!

Without darkness, there is no light. If there was no nighttime, would the stars be as bright?

Katie
    @k-a-ramstad

@rose-colored-fancy

Very cool! Your books sound like what I’d want to read.

Nice to meet you.

Katie

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest