Hello Everyone! :)

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Hello Everyone! :)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    claire
    @claire-h

Hi! I’m Claire.

I’ve loved stories for as long as I can remember. Imagining them, reading them, writing them… My favorite genres are fantasy, historical fiction, and mystery. I’ve written a few short stories and *started* innumerable books. I’m hoping to finish one eventually. At the moment I’m working on a fantasy novel about twin sisters fighting each other for the throne of their kingdom. It’s changed a lot since I started working on it about 5 or so years ago.

About myself:

My favorite books include Anne of Green Gables, Lord of the Rings, Sherlock Holmes, the Chosen Daughters series, Agatha Christie mysteries… I could go on for a long time.

I’m a violinist and I love music. I’m the oldest of five siblings, homeschooled, an ENFJ, and I enjoy hand lettering and anything artistic. Also, I love to study theology. 🙂

This is the first time I’ve joined a writer’s forum so I’m excited to interact with you guys!

a flower does not think of competing with the flower next to it.
      it just blooms.

Naiya Dyani
      @naiya-dyani

@claire-h Hiya! I’m Naiya. Nice to meet you!

Goodness, you remind me of me! XD I’m currently into low fantasy myself. My current WIP is the first one I’ve ever managed to get (a) to a good, sizeable length and (b) to second draft stage. Tons of unfinished story ideas. This is the first time I’ve stayed focused on a story for so long. But I really think that getting into this community was a big part of helping me get that puppy done. So maybe it’ll help you out, too!

Anne of Green Gables and Sherlock Holmes! Those are great. I want to read Lord of the Rings at some point, but haven’t gotten around to it yet. 🙁

I’ve done some violin myself (began Suzuki book 4), but I stopped a few years ago because my left wrist started hurting. I still occasionally take it out though. 🙂 I’m considering doing music therapy for a career.

*high fives* I’m homeschooled, too!

I’m an INFP, an art dabbler (sketches and watercolor at the moment), and a bit of a language fanatic (particularly with American Sign Language and Japanese). Also, if you’re around me much on here, you will probably end up being subjected to a session of blabbing about my characters because they are my darlings. You have been warned.

All that said, welcome to Story Embers! We’re excited to have you here! 😀

Hearts are like matter--they can be beaten down, torn, and burned, but they cannot be destroyed.

claire
        @claire-h

@naiya-dyani  Hi Naiya! Thanks for taking the time to reply!

That’s funny… you do sound a lot like me. 🙂 That’s awesome that you have made it so far with your WIP! I’m bad about rewriting the first few chapters of mine again and again …and again. But I’ve been working on a lot of worldbuilding and character development recently and it’s helped me out a lot.

I’m sorry to hear that your wrist started to hurt. That’s no fun. 🙁 I’m actually in Suzuki book 4 right now! I don’t know much about music therapy but it sounds neat!

Watercolor is so beautiful! I’ve never had much luck with it unfortunately. Mostly I enjoy doing art in the margins of my journaling Bible. Brush pens are my usual medium.

I’m actually attempting to learn Greek right now. My goal is to be able to read the NT in the original language. Hopefully I won’t get bogged down!

Anyway, thanks again for the warm welcome! 🙂

it just blooms.

Hello clair-h. 🙂

I’m not on here a ton, mostly because I like reading books better than writing them ;), but I do write some. I like fiction, historical fiction, and contemporary. I mostly just write little stories and stuff. Nothing major, just for fun.

I’m homeschooled as well, but the youngest of five. I love music as well, but I play piano. I wasn’t to become a piano teacher when I’m older, and I really love listening to music, playing it, and writing it.

Have you ever seen Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christy? I watched the movie, and sometime I want to read the book. Cool movie, and every time I see it I am amazed at how complicated the story is. The detective is so smart, but Christy must have been super skilled at writing to be able to write a book like that! I can’t imagine planning it all.

Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.
          -JRR Tolkien

Whoops! That was supposed to be @claire-h.

-JRR Tolkien

claire
          @claire-h

@olivia Hi Olivia! Nice to meet you. 🙂

I know what you mean… I would have to admit that I read more than I write too. I’m hoping to be more consistent with my writing in the near future though.

That’s really cool that you want to be a piano teacher! And that you write music. What kind of music do you like to write?

I’ve never watched Murder on the Orient Express, but I have read it. 🙂 I love the complexity of Agatha Christie’s mysteries! The ending almost always comes as a surprise. One of my personal favorites is The Murder of Roger Ackroyd.

Maybe one of these days I’ll attempt writing a mystery, but I’ll never reach the level of Agatha Christie, that’s for sure, lol.

it just blooms.

Emberynus The Dragonslayer
            @emberynus-the-dragonslayer

@claire-h

It’s nice to meet you!

Your forum tag is so good!!  I love that quote!

Sold souls and dead promises

claire
            @claire-h

@emberynus-the-dragonslayer
              Nice to meet you too! 😀

Your forum tag is so good!! I love that quote!

Thanks! I love it too. It’s a good thing to remember. -It’s so easy to get carried away reading other books!

it just blooms.

@claire-h

Ya, I definitely LOVE reading! 😀 I mean, what else am I supposed to do in these boring days? (Well, anything but boring, since I’m doing school still, and have PLENTY to do!) 😛 🙂

I write simple worship songs, but I’m not that good. I’ve only been writing them since last July, so I’m still getting the hang of it. I really like doing it though. 🙂  I actually just wrote one last night after watching a movie called The Apostle Paul. Really good movie, and it made me want to do more for God than I am right now, so I wrote a song about him using me in whatever way he wants to. It’s one of my favourites. There’s a guy in our church who has recorded two albums, so he said he will help me record my songs when we can. I’m excited to do so, and I’m hoping to have enough songs for an album in a year or so. Maybe less at the rate I’m writing at.

I partly wanna be a piano teacher because I realized how great it is to have a really fun and helpful piano teacher, since my teacher is awesome, so I was inspired to follow in her footsteps so I can teach other people the instrument that I love. 🙂 It’s a fun thing to look forward to.

Murder on the Orient is a really good mystery, and I like the movie (though there are some unnecessary and inappropriate things in it at the beginning). We just skip those parts. But I wanna read the book sometime later. I think we might have it, since it’s part of a school curriculum.

-JRR Tolkien

claire
              @claire-h

@olivia That’s so cool that you write worship songs! I think I’ve seen that movie about Paul. Did it have Priscilla and Aquila in it? It was really a challenging and encouraging movie. 🙂 That’s awesome that you want to make an album! Do you sing?

Murder on the Orient is a really good mystery, and I like the movie (though there are some unnecessary and inappropriate things in it at the beginning). We just skip those parts.

I just hate it when they add in unnecessary things like that. 🙁 But yeah, I’ll definitely have to watch it some time! I love mysteries.

it just blooms.

@claire-h

Ya, that movie had Aquila and Pricilla in it. They are some of the main characters. It was definitely hard to watch, and a couple times I had to look away, but it was definitely encouraging and informative. I had always just assumed that all the people who wrote the Gospels were Jesus’ disciples, but I learned after watching that that Luke wasn’t his disciple, and my mom said she doesn’t think Mark was either. But such a good movie!

Yes, I sing. Quite a bit, actually. Well, if I’m truthful, I sing ALL THE TIME. 😀 😛  I love doing it, so I sing when I’m doing stuff, and if I don’t sing, I hum. My brother finds it annoying, so I’ve learned not to make noise constantly, but I still do it a lot. 😛  I actually help with worship in our church, singing and playing piano. Our church is small, and we have a youth worship team, where all the youth lead worship that Sunday. So I help lead that. There aren’t many of us youth, but enough for a team. I like doing it, and I’m learning a lot as I’m pushed out into the open as I lead the songs. I don’t greet the people and stuff usually, but when we practice for worship, then I’m like the lead person. I’m still getting used to it, since I’m actually the youngest on the team. 😛 🙂  Our youth leader and another man take turns helping us lead, but they tell me to decide what to do for the songs, so I do, though it’s sorta uncomfortable. 😛

-JRR Tolkien

claire
                @claire-h

@olivia

Yes, that was the movie I watched! It was definitely hard to watch at points, but it was thought provoking and a good reminder.
                  That’s great that you love to sing! I’ve always been a hummer myself. Lol. It’s neat that you get to help with worship at your church! It sounds like a great growing experience! Our church is pretty small as well so I can relate. 🙂 I play violin every Sunday at our church. (It’s been sad not being able to do it with this whole COVID-19 thing) 🙁

it just blooms.

@claire-h

Ya, helping with worship is definitely a growing experience! It’s challenging and difficult, but I like it, and it’s handy for me, since I’m getting practice at telling people what I want to the songs to sound like, which will be a useful skill if I record my songs.

It is annoying not being able to have church. Where I live, though, we are allowed to have five people in one place at a time (excluding families over that) and six feet apart. So our church has changed to accommodate that. We have four people doing the worship, and then one guy in the back doing sound. We live stream if for our personal church Facebook page. So we still get to have worship, but of course it’s not the same as being at church and seeing everyone in person. But it’s still nice to have the worship to listen to and sing along with Sunday mornings.

-JRR Tolkien

claire
                  @claire-h

@olivia

Yes, that’s great that you still have worship! Our pastor has been pre-recording his sermons and then we listen to them on Sunday mornings as a family. 🙂 Here we are allowed gatherings of 10 people or less, six feet apart.

it just blooms.

Beth Darlene
                    @beth20

Hello Claire!

I’m Beth!

I learned about this site through your brother actually lol!                       I love the Lord of the Rings as well! I have seven siblings and am the second youngest I’m 13!

-Beth

Jominkreesa! For the weirdos who know what it means! 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest