Hello Everyone!

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Hello Everyone!

This topic contains 12 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Evelyn 2 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Mariam
    @mariam

Hello everyone!

My name is Courtney. I am nineteen-years-old and a freshman in college, and currently studying to become a midwife. I have pretty much been writing for as long as I can remember, thanks to my grandfather and my Dad who always have encouraged me in it, though it was always just a hobby. In 2016 I joined the One Year Adventure Novel curriculum for homeschoolers and met many like-minded writers, including Brandon Miller who introduced me to Story Embers. After attending the OYAN summer workshop, I fell even more in love with writing and decided to make it more than a hobby. I have currently written one “novel” and you may use that term very loosely. I really hope to be encouraged on here with other Christian young writers and improve my writing to the point of publication one day. 🙂

Thank you!

Volt1911
      @volt1911

Awesome! See you around! 👌🏻

Evelyn
        @evelyn

Hey Courtney! Welcome to Story Embers! I’m glad you are here. 😁

What type of stories do you like to write? Do you have a favorite genre?

Kayla Skywriter
        @kayla-skywriter

Greetings Courtney,

It is great to meet you. Awesome that you’re studying to be a midwife. I don’t hear that very often. Were you homeschooled before you moved on to college?

How we chose to fight is just as important as what we fight for

Mariam
          @mariam

@Evelyn-Thank you very much! Historical fiction and fantasy. I can’t decide which one is my top favorite, however. 🙂

@Kayla-Thank you! Yes, I was. I am still currently at home doing college because my college course is entirely online, except for the hands-on experience.

Evelyn
            @evelyn

@mariam Ah neat! I love those both. Especially fantasy. Do you have a favorite fantasy book? What about historical fiction?

Mariam
            @mariam

@evelyn Hmm The Lord of the Rings for sure, although I’m not sure if you would classify it under the “fantasy” genre that most people do today. Fantasy today is very different then it was then I believe.

Yes, I love Stephanie Morrill’s historical fiction novels! I can’t decide between them though. XD

Evelyn
              @evelyn

@mariam Ah, I love The Lord of the Rings.

I just learned actually that there are sub genres under “fantasy.” Portal fantasy, contemporary fantasy, high fantasy, low fantasy, gaslamp fantasy, and so on. It’s very interesting!

Mariam
              @mariam

@evelyn, Yes, I think I did know that! Some pretty neat stuff.

Mariam
                @mariam

How do I join a Guild?

Evelyn
                  @evelyn

@mariam You can fill out this survey to apply for a writers guild:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc3ceCbGSK3UCBqPzCv94yNVWxDbTdQximqrrs1Mh_otNLRVQ/viewform

Then it will take a couple weeks, but they’ll find a guild that fits your needs and strengths. 🙂

Mariam
                  @mariam

Thank you! This is what I couldn’t find.

Evelyn
                    @evelyn

@mariam You’re welcome! I’m sorry you had trouble finding it, but I’m glad to be of help. (:

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Learn What Readers Want

We compiled and analyzed how 300+ readers answered 18 questions about what they want to see in fiction. Get the free e-book and we'll also regularly send you resources to help you grow as a writer.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Pin It on Pinterest