fb

Hello everyone!

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Hello everyone!

Tagged: 

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    theinconceivable1
    @theinconceivable1

@kb-writer: Hey! no worrys about the resonce time, I know how frustrating a deleted post can be! (VERY FRUSTRATING!!!)

wow piano pro’s huh? You must be really good! though I guess you “ought to be after 20 years” (if you dont get that reference I’m sorry but I’m a princess bride fanatic!) Man, traveling is not something I would dream of XD I’ve done way too much of it in my life already! But, that being said, NZ Is REALLY awesome or as they say here its “sweet as!” hum, the biggest culture shock is something called the tall popie syndrome (basically, whenever your really good at something they try and cut you down. So like everyone plays down their grades and its social unacceptable to be like “ya I am awesome!” ) I guess its kind of everywhere but to an extream degree over here.

wow, nice job! I would find it really hard to write from a personality perspective opposite me… ISFJ huh… You know what I’ve never meet an ISFJ. most of my friends are INXX so It would be interesting to read about a villain like that!

Yes! do it! I’m super excited to see what you come up with! short stories are so much fun. your already on your seccond book! how?!? I can’t write anything of quality longer then 4000 words XD. Oh, I would love to read your book! however, give me a few chapters to start out, if I’m gonna read a novel I want to know I can be helpful and that I wont die XD. You see the chances are your either too good for me to be of any help or (I’m just being honest here) not good enough. It would just be hard for me to read a whole novel that I really didn’t like you know… (I could do it but for my own survivals sakew I would rather not!) so ya please send me some of your work! my email is: inconceivable37@gmail.com (everyone else, please don’t spam me XD)

maybe your right… I think now maybe it would just be better to moderate the praise within myself rather then moderating it in the outside world : D (cuz you cant alwase change your circumstances but you can change your attitude!) so if you feel lead to say something nice and “build me up” feel free and I appreciate it : D. But dont feel inclined, or even asked, to do so as its easiest to avoid temptation when its not even present!

I propose a trade-off, you send me an email with your chapters and I’ll send you a short story! What do you say?(thanks for being willing to read it BTW!)

INTJ- trying to grow into real wisdom; James 3:17

Katherine Baker
    @kb-writer

@theinconceivable1

Haha! Princess Bride. I read/watched it a few years back, but I’m very rusty on all the references and such. I need to re-read it, though, because I remember really liking it. I made the mistake of reading the book first, however, so a lot of what the movie did was jarring (it wasn’t what I had imagined). Maybe I’ll watch the movie first when I re-immerse in it.

I wouldn’t say “very good”. I just signed up to an organization and many people there have played and taught for years. They’re all very sweet, but it makes me feel very unqualified. Your traveling point made me laugh. I guess the grass is always greener on the other side, isn’t it? Tall Polie Syndrome. How interesting. That would be different.

I have a sister who actual is opposite to me (she’s also ISTJ), so I think that helps. I’ve started re-reading through that draft and found there are some inconsistencies in the protagonist’s personality. I think I got more comfortable in her shoes as the story progressed. yes, I don’t think I’ve ever met an ISFJ either. It is interesting, but the more I think about the rank, the more it makes sense. Unfortunately, the book I wrote doesn’t contain him. He’s sort of the ‘overarching antagonist’ if you get my meaning. He’s eluded to in the book (and I think I will make it a bit clearer in the re-write), but not directly present. He’s in book one (the one I’m currently working on), however. So I’m getting a chance to explore him more there. The antagonist in the book I finished… well, I probably shouldn’t spoil it for you. Though I need some editing because I think his/her personality was lost a bit as I went on. My antagonists have a propensity towards getting more and more bland. It’s one of my biggest character weaknesses.

I have your email now, so feel free to edit it out of the post for privacy’s sake (I think you can do that). I probably can’t write anything of quality that’s long either, but I tend to not be able to hold back my ideas (hence the fact that the book I’ll send you morphed into book two of a 26-book series with spin-offs, which is really a big mistake). I’ll probably send you the whole book, but you can read as much or little as you want. Be aware though, there will be a quiz at the end. >:)

I don’t mind withholding praise. I know God says that “all things are lawful, but not all things are profitable” as well, so if it won’t profit you then I won’t give it (or try not to). I try to hold my praise to either glorifying God or giving you constructive praise that will help you in future story writing.

Can’t wait to see your story (which means my answer is yes)!

Always remember you're unique...
    ...Just like everyone else

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@kb-writer, the whole writing situation you are in sounds so much like mine! :_

*what to work on first*

Do you have anything you might want proofread? When I have the time, I love to! Once my books are further along, I plan to put them on Google Docs for all these awesome proofreaders I know around here to check out…!

I love the song, I Can Only Imagine, as well! Have you seen the movie? I saw it, and was disappointed by the lack of attribution to God. Any favorite movies?!

Assistant Guildmaster of the Phantom Awesome Meraki
    ~ Created to create ~

Katherine Baker
    @kb-writer

@selah-chelyah

Haha! It’s an annoying blessing (or lovable curse) that I can spew out a thousand ideas in a matter of days. That’s why my originally 1-book story that was intended as an experiment to get me to break my comfort zone in writing turned into a 27-book series with 3 spin-offs.

Actually, I do have something! I have finished the first rough draft of book 2 in the series (I started with that one before knowing the background to the series) that I finished and need help knowing what to polish. Would you be able to look into that one? It’s rough (hence “rough draft”) but there are still some things I need to know from a readers perspective in order to edit it.

It’s a beautiful song! I did see the movie. I enjoyed it in a general sense, but I completely agree with you on the lack of God. I’m glad I’m not the only one! Most people loved it, but it irritated me how little any of the characters seemed to think about God. Have you seen the movie “The Case for Christ”? It is an excellent movie on the conversion of Lee Strobel. Highly recommend it.

Other than that, for favorite movies I loved Despicable Me, Tangled, Wall-E (wracking my brain for more grown-up movies to mention), I do like many of the Marvel Movies and the original Star Wars trilogy. What about you?

theinconceivable1
    @theinconceivable1

@kb-writer: Ya definitely watch the movie (believe it or not I haven’t actually read the book XD I guess that disqualifies me for being a HUGE princess bride fan but I absolutely LOVE the movie : D)

SOOO true! although in this case, the grass in NZ is literally greener XD (Its REALLY green over here!)

alright, interesting… I will enjoy exploring the dread inspired by you ISTJ antagonist!

Ok, I’ll send it over!

INTJ- trying to grow into real wisdom; James 3:17

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@kb-writer  Oh my goodness!! I have that problem, but not like that! Wow. :_

I would love to beta read for you… it might be sporadic as I do not have a ton of computer access, but nevertheless… My email is needleworksbyselah@gmail.com

SO agree! I have not seen that movie, though I have heard of it. Will have to see it sometime. I have several favorite movies… Beyond the Mask, A Vow to Cherish, China Cry, the Kendrick movies (there are 5 of them, I believe), Time Changer, etc, and lots of documentaries and historic stuff… 🙂

Where do you live? I live in N. Idaho.

~ Created to create ~

Katherine Baker
    @kb-writer

@selah-chelyah

I have your email address, so you can edit it out now (if you want to).

I don’t think I’ve seen any of those you mentioned (though I have seen many a documentary. What’s your favorite time in history to learn about?). I’ll have to see those too. And you do have to see a Case for Christ. It’s excellent.

I live way down in Arkansas, where we never get on the news and hate it when people pronounce it Are-KANSAS (It’s ARK-an-saw, by the way). 😛

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@selah-chelyah

Wait… you live in Idaho? Would it by any chance be the Moscow area? I don’t think that’s North Idaho… but you may have been there.

Published author, student in writing, works with HazelGracePress.com

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@kb-writer Awesome! I got it. Yeah, we just moved from Missouri, so we know how that is pronounced, but we always thought the difference between the way it was spelled and the way it was pronounced was funny… :_ Oh boy, please do not start me on history eras, or I will  explode into a time machine of random historical information and ideas! 🙂 Really though, I have no idea what my favorite is as I love studying any and all of it…!!

@wordsmith
    Yes, we live in N. Coeur d`Alene, which is about 3 hrs north of Moscow. Do you know someone who lives there? We live like very far north in Idaho… in paradise, almost! 🙂 It really is gorgeous up here. Ever been to ID?

~ Created to create ~

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@selah-chelyah

My map is saying you only live and hour and a half from Moscow… (I checked because I have never heard of the town you live in). But no, I have never been to Moscow. My dad has, and my sister and brother in law do live there. I also have acquaintances who live there.

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@wordsmith  Cool! Where do you live, then? We do live more like 3 hrs from Moscow… maps do not get that particular trip correct!

Going to visit any time soon? 🙂

~ Created to create ~

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@selah-chelyah

I live in East Texas… And no… I don’t think I’ll be visiting any time soon.

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@wordsmith  Haha! Well, that is too bad… :_

~ Created to create ~

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@selah-chelyah

Yeah…

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest