fb

Hello everyone! :)

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Hello everyone! :)

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    RaeMarie
    @raemarie

@emma-starr Sorry to bust in  on your conversation……but did I hear you correctly……..You’ve heard of The Blue Castle?!?!?!!! One of my favorite books ever!

INFP-T. Christ follower, music lover, a dreamer of Middle Earth..........

@raemarie Yeah!! It’s one of my absolute favorites!

Spreading God's love until I can see seven billion smiles. 🙂 https://sevenbillionsmiles.home.blog

RaeMarie
    @raemarie

So cool!! @emma-starr Have you seen the Anne Of Green Gables movies with Megean Follows

Libby
    @libby

@emma-starr @raemarie

The Blue Castle is such a wonderful book – up until now, I’ve never met anyone who’s actually read it or heard of it.  I’m so happy you both love it as much as I do!

ReaMarie, I love the Anne of Green Gables movies with Megean Follows.  She’s such a wonderful actress and did Anne remarkably well.  I still love the books much better, but for a movie, it was extraordinarily well-done.  Have you ever watched Road to Avonlea?

Emma, I have never read Pat of Silverbush, Kilmeny of the Orchard, or Magic for Marigold.  Actually, Magic for Marigold is next on my list of books to read.  My sister owns it and I’m going to borrow it from her.  As for the others, I’ve looked them up on the library, only to have to return them because I didn’t have time to finish them.  Hopefully I’ll get to them sometime soon!

On the topic of books, have either of you read Five Little Peppers and How They Grew?

"Young people, you must pray, for your passions are strong and your wisdom is little."C.H.Spurgeon

RaeMarie
    @raemarie

@libby @emma-starr

I need to watch the Anne Of Green Gables series again. I haven’t seen them in several years. I haven’t watched The Road To Avonlea. Is it good?

I love Five Little Peppers and How They Grew! That was one of the first books I bought with money I earned weeding the garden. I still have it.

Filewriter
    @filewriter

@emma, hi! So, I’m late to this, but I was just wundering, are you the Emma from my guild? I haven’t really seen you there. Well, not yet. 🙂

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. ~ J. R. R. Tolkien

@raemarie Yes, I have! It’s one of my favorite movies. Meagan Follows portrays exactly how I imagined her.  I actually watched it last week. 😀

Spreading God's love until I can see seven billion smiles. 🙂 https://sevenbillionsmiles.home.blog

@libby Okay! I would say that Pat of Silver Bush is almost on par with Anne for me–I love how realistic the conflict is. I haven’t seen The Road to Avonlea. Is it good?

I looove the Five Little Peppers books. Have you read any of the other books in the series?

RaeMarie
    @raemarie

@emma-starr Oooh lucky!! I hopw to binge watchvall the movies this weekend. 😉

Libby
    @libby

@emma-starr Now I’m excited to read Pat of Silver Bush!  I’m just about to read A Tangled Web, also by L. M. Montgomery.  Have you read it?  I’ve heard it’s really good!

@raemarie
    and @emma-starr Road to Avonlea is a fun series.  Some episodes are better than others.  I love certain characters more than others.  But overall, I would say it’s pretty good. 😉

I’ve only read Five Little Peppers and How They Grew.  Unfortunately, my library system doesn’t own any other Margaret Sydney books.  Are they good?  I want to read them so bad.  Also, how many books are there in that series?  Two, or are there more?

"Young people, you must pray, for your passions are strong and your wisdom is little."C.H.Spurgeon

@libby Oh, I love that one. Her character arcs are SO cool; she just weaves them all together, creating a tangled web. ;P

I might watch them then!

They aren’t as good as the first by a long shot to me. The spirit is still there though, so I did like them. The problem I find is that they don’t have a “real” plot, so they tend to drag and get boring.  I do like the Five Little Peppers Grownup, just as a followup to know how it turned out.

RaeMarie
    @raemarie

@libby I will have to watch Road To Avonlea.

A Tangled Web is one of the first books I got in the LM Montgomery’s works. It is definitely one of my favorites! I agree the character arcs are beautifully written and tangled around each other.

Libby
    @libby

@emma-starr @raemarie

Now I’m super pumped to read A Tangled Web!  Can’t wait to get started!

The rest of the Little Pepper’s series aren’t as good?  That’s too bad.  I was looking forward to them so much.  I do definitely want to read the next one, just to find out how it all turns out.

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest