fb

Hello everyone! :)

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Hello everyone! :)

• This topic has 42 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Libby.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@emma

If you can find a Mountain Ocarina for sale, that would be amazing! They are no longer in production, and I don’t know where you might find a used one.

Yeah… It is pretty cool that he’s going. Besides, when he leaves we get his car!

Oh cool! It’s a really fun genre!

Published author, student in writing, works with HazelGracePress.com

RaeMarie
    @raemarie

Hi @emma-starr!! My name is Rae and I glad to meet you!

I love books and chocolate too! What genre of books do you like?

I love the setting of your book! I mainly write fantasy, but I have written some historical fiction short stories.

INFP-T. Christ follower, music lover, a dreamer of Middle Earth..........

Emma
    @emma

@emgc Yes, the Lamplighter audio dramas are great! The White Gypsy is probably my favorite audio drama of theirs. 🙂 My favorite books include The Hidden Hand by E.D.E.N. Southworth, A Wide, Wide World by Susan Warner, and The Last Sin-Eater by Francine Rivers. I love the Mysterious Benedict Society and Narnia too! My favorite authors include E.D.E.N. Southworth, Brian Jacques, Susan Warner, Trenton Lee Stewart, Elizabeth Prentiss, and C. S. Lewis. I have quite a few as well. 😉

@emma-starr
    Hi! That is awesome that you are majoring in piano performance! Handbells are great too; I’ve been able to play in a handbell choir a few times, and it was amazing! 🙂

@libby
    Thank you for the welcome! I have never actually read In the Reign of Terror, but I listened to the audio drama, and it was great! I haven’t heard of Bethlehem books! I will have to look them up, thanks for sharing! It’s great that the Lord’s been working in your heart about missions! I’ve had the opportunities to go on two medical missions trips the past year and half, the first to Panama and the second to Kosovo. It is incredible to see God do mighty works in the lives of lost people. I just love it. 🙂 I don’t know if God is calling me to short or long-term missions in the future, but if so I’d be thrilled!

Skye
    @skye

@emma

Hi! Welcome! I’m Skye 🙂

It’s so awesome you’re writing a book set in the 1870’s! That’s like, my favorite era of history. In fact, the past three years I’ve went on a week long authentic wagon train experience (sans the high chance of death)(most days). So, if you have any questions about concerning some of that stuff – like driving wagons or horses or any of that – let me know. I just may have experienced it 🙂

But yeah… happy writing! And welcome to the forum!

https://pilgrimwest.wordpress.com/
    https://thingsabove32.wordpress.com/

Libby
    @libby

@emma-starr First off, I have to say that whenever I read your name, I think of Emily Byrd Starr from the Emily books – Lucy Maud Montgomery.  Those are some of my favorite books, and I saw that they are some of yours from your profile!

I am so bad with remembering names of pieces, but I believe I’ve heard the Ravel and the Chopin pieces and from what I remember, I love them both!  The pieces I am currently playing are Papillion (Butterfly) by Grieg, the Pathetique Sonata by Beethoven, Toccata by Khachaturian, and Aufschwung by Schumann .  Some of my favorite pieces are by Debussy: Arabesque no. 1 and danse I have played before, and other of his that are favorites would be Clair de lune and Reverie.  I also love Notturno by Grieg, Appalachian Spring by Copland, and Danse Macabre by St. Saens.  It’s so hard to pick, and there are dozens others.

My favorite composers would be Debussy, Copland, Gershwin, Bach, Chopin, Rachmaninoff, and St. Saens.

Also, what sort of things do you like to write?

@emgc
    I don’t think I’ve ever heard of Heirloom audio.  I’ll definitely have to look into that!  Thanks for recommending it!

"Young people, you must pray, for your passions are strong and your wisdom is little."C.H.Spurgeon

Libby
    @libby

@emma It is definitely so encouraging to see what God does through missions.  Thank you for sharing about that!  I’ll be praying that God continues to work through you!

"Young people, you must pray, for your passions are strong and your wisdom is little."C.H.Spurgeon

Anonymous

Hey @emma! 👋🏻😃

I’m Millennium. (Or just call me Emily) And I’m a Skyraider! (So I have wings) Points at profile picture.
    Dragon walks in. Talks in dragon for a few minutes.
    Oh, this is Moondust. He’s my pet AKA: devoted and loyal friend.

See you out there! ⚡️✨

Swishes cape and spreads wings.
    Flys into the clouds. ☁️

Farewell for now!

E. Grace
    @emgc

@millennium-m   Ooh, another Emily!! 👊 (That’s my name as well 😊)

"True humility is not thinking less of yourself; it is thinking of yourself less." - C. S. Lewis

E. Grace
    @emgc

@emma and @emma-starr

Another really good Elizabeth Prentiss book is Comfortable Troubles- such a touching story! I can get a little emotional sometimes with her books…

And @emma – White Gypsy is probably my favorite as well! I have a lot of people tell me that, it seems… 🙂

"True humility is not thinking less of yourself; it is thinking of yourself less." - C. S. Lewis

Anonymous

@emgc, cool! 😄😆😸👊🏻

Emma
    @emma

@skye Nice to meet you! That is literally awesome! I’ll have to take you up on that sometime! 🙂

@emgc
    Thanks for the recommendation!

@libby Yes! I actually did that on purpose. 🙂 She’s one of my favorite fictional characters. My name is Emma though, not Emily. Not many people I have met have read any of her other books besides Anne, so it makes me so happy that you love them too!!

Haha! Me too. I always remember what they sound like, not their names. 😀

Wow! You’re playing so beautiful pieces! (By the way, I’m about to start the Schumann Papillions) I love Debussy’s first Arabesque. So. So. Much. My dad got the piano score for Appalachian Spring for me recently, and I want to play it as soon as possible.

I love Gershwin, Saint-Saens, and Debussy too. Do you like Satie?

Spreading God's love until I can see seven billion smiles. 🙂 https://sevenbillionsmiles.home.blog

Dakota
    @dakota

@emma Hello and welcome! I love music too, though I only play guitar; mostly I play my voice! That’s neat that you can play so many instruments.  Which one is your favorite to play?

I’ve never been on a missions trip. I do pack Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes with my family but that’s all missions related . . . besides praying for missionaries.

Though I’m not a bookworm, I can enjoy a good book. And kids are fun.

Chocolate is okay; I’d prefer peanut butter, but I can’t have either. I’m on a diet.

Psalm 119:11
    Your word I have hidden in my heart,
    That I might not sin against You.

Libby
    @libby

@emma-starr Yes, I do like Satie…at least, the music that I’ve heard from him. 🙂 I love the gymnopedies that I have heard, and there’s one song in particular – I’ve played a bit of it by ear – I don’t rightly remember the name of the song, but it’s on the radio a lot and is played in the movie “Hugo”.  I love that one a lot.  Have you played any of his songs before?

As for Emily of New Moon, I love her books!  In fact, I almost think I like her better than Anne…I guess I love them both so much.  Have you read The Blue Castle, also by L. M. Montgomery?  That one’s one of my favorites, too!

@libby I have! They’re pretty simple but expressive, so very relaxing to play. I have played the three gnossiennes–my personal favorites. (Especially the third!)

I have read all of L.M. Montgomery’s novels, and The Blue Castle is my favorite. I love it!!! Aaaaahh!!! Emily is definitely a close second. Have you read Pat of Silver Bush, Kilmeny of the Orchard, or Magic for Marigold? Anne was my favorite childhood book, but I’ve come to like some of her others even more. (I have more of a kinship with Emily in outlook. I’m not like Anne at all, except in school) My best friend is actually very similar to Anne in many ways. (Just less melodramatic)

Spreading God's love until I can see seven billion smiles. 🙂 https://sevenbillionsmiles.home.blog

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest