fb

Hello everyone!

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Hello everyone!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Inkhorn
    @inkhorn

Hi! I first discovered this site a few years ago and have finally joined the forum.
    I am a violinist and pianist though I prefer the violin. I have always loved reading books and have recently become interested in writing. I write poetry and fantasy books.
    My favorite books are Lord of the Rings (not a huge surprise I’m sure), the Narnia Chronicles, the Wingfeather Saga, and The Boys in the Boat.

Erynne
    @erynne

@inkhorn

Hello!! Welcome to Story Embers, home of the most insane people you’ll ever meet! (Including myself)

My name is Erynne (pronounced Erin, it’s an odd spelling) I a 15 year old girl who enjoys all kinds of stuff but mainly baking, politics, reading and writing obviously, music (I am also a violinist and a retired pianist), anddddd what ever obsession I have at the time. (Currently it is a politician/actress  from California, but you do NOT want me to get started on her)

I enjoy writing fantasy, romance, and something else but I’m honestly unsure on what it is…

My favorite books include The Hunger Games, Twilighttttt, The Maze Runner, and I am currently getting into Jane Austen books.

So tell me more about yourself!

Do you know your MBTI type?

What’s your WIP about?

On a scale of 1-10 (1 being awful, 10 being amazing) how much did you enjoy my ramble that I wrote being half asleep?

Andddd

(I stole this question from someone else) if your writing style was a color, what would it be and why?

Welcome again, and I hope I haven’t scared you away XD

Be weird. Be random. Be who you are. Because you ever know who would love the person you hide.

Joshua Scheele
    @storysmith

@inkhorn

Hey! welcome to the crew! So far God has this site and people who also come here have been the best thing in my writing journey. I used to write short stories in highschool but just for myself. Now that I am 26, I have finally decided to start writing my first fantasy novel that Lord willing, will become a series ( a very large series XD.)

I learned piano to the basic level by the time I left college. Then life got too busy to keep taking lessons but I hope to resume again someday. (most likely start over XD.)

I also love poetry. I am currently experimenting with horrible attempts XD to write it so I can include it in my story to add more to my mysteries, puzzles, and also make songs out of.

Lord of the rings and Narnia are some of my favorite novels but my absolute favorite is Redwall by Brian Jacques. That is where I found my love for creative writing.

Which of your favorite novels would you say has the most influence on your WIP and why?

Inkhorn
    @inkhorn

I have not done a MBTI test, but I think I would qualify as a ISTP.

My WIP is about a girl who is forced to face the truth about who her father is and what he has done. She must decide whether to support her father and get back the “perfect” life or support the people who had pushed her to see the truth about her “perfect” world.

I would give your rambling an 8. I ramble to myself when I’m on the verge of falling asleep.
    That’s an interesting question. I think I would want it to be blue because I want to be clear in my theme and the worldview I hold, and I also want my story to be refreshing and cleansing.

Inkhorn
    @inkhorn

@storysmith

That’s cool you’re using poetry to make songs. I might have to try that.
    I look to Lord of the Rings as an example for my book because of the amount of worldbuilding that went into it, and the way Tolkien incorporates his beliefs without having an explicit “God-figure.”

Joshua Scheele
    @storysmith

@inkhorn

I look to Lord of the Rings as an example for my book because of the amount of worldbuilding that went into it, and the way Tolkien incorporates his beliefs without having an explicit “God-figure.”

Nice! Same here for the worldbuilding aspect! Though several people here have told me, minus the invention of languages, I am being far more ambitious than CS Lewis and Tolkien. XD

Inkhorn
    @inkhorn

@storysmith

What things do you consider when you’re worldbuilding and to what degree do you base your world off of the real world?

Erynne
    @erynne

@inkhorn

I have not done a MBTI test, but I think I would qualify as a ISTP.

Nice! figuring it out yourself is probably more accurate than the test any day…

My WIP is about a girl who is forced to face the truth about who her father is and what he has done. She must decide whether to support her father and get back the “perfect” life or support the people who had pushed her to see the truth about her “perfect” world.

Woah, that’s really cool!! How far are you on it?

I would give your rambling an 8. I ramble to myself when I’m on the verge of falling asleep.

Whew, good. I was worried about that one. Oh, I will ramble (to myself, to someone else, to my pillow, you name it) anytime of the day XD

That’s an interesting question. I think I would want it to be blue because I want to be clear in my theme and the worldview I hold, and I also want my story to be refreshing and cleansing.

Great answer!! That’s better than my answer. I think I said a light purple because I like it *nods wisely*

• This reply was modified 6 days, 3 hours ago by Erynne.

Be weird. Be random. Be who you are. Because you ever know who would love the person you hide.

Inkhorn
    @inkhorn

@erynne

For my WIP, I have just reached the part where Cahira, my main character, has just started her character arc. It’s fun writing her as a guilt-stricken, arrogant, spoiled, fearful girl. I am waiting eagerly for when she’s introduced to the real world and realizes that people’s normal conversations don’t revolve around complimenting her. XD

Erynne
    @erynne

@inkhorn

That’s really cool!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest