fb

Hello everyone!

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Hello everyone!

Viewing 9 posts - 91 through 99 (of 99 total)
  • Author
    Joy C. Woodbury
    @joy-caroline

@rose-colored-fancy

I’M SORRY I HAVE THE MEMORY OF A GOLDFISH WITH AMNESIA! I’m here though XD

Haha, no problem! XD

Personally, I add a few side characters in each book, purely because they’re needed and settings switch around. I also tend to swap around main character perspectives, just considering which are needed in the book. Book 2 and 3 have dual perspectives, with one main character besides the protagonist narrating. It depends on the plot, mainly, though sometimes side characters just outgrew their roles and became main characters.

Ooh, yeah, I get that. Paul’s oldest nephew, Reuben, was actually meant to be just a side character originally, but he outgrew his role SO much. Now his storyline is easily competing for the most intense, which I NEVER saw coming. Honestly, it was kind of the same for both nephews. Seth was meant to be a side character originally too, but now he’s one of the main characters, the third book is named after him, he has a POV in the third book, and tbh he’s my favorite character. I just love him XD I’m looking forward to writing his book, Seth: Anointed, the most.

YAY!! That’s fantastic! I know it’ll be fantastic!

Thank you!! My study guides actually just arrived, so I’m super excited to dive in.

I hope to start my third book in the beginning of January, probably!

Awesome!! Should we make a New Year’s resolution to write every day? 😉

Tbh I don’t know if I could hold up my end of that resolution. XD I’m always so insanely busy and the days disappear before I know it, haha. But maybe I could try, and take a few days off in January when I go up to my academy’s junior-senior Bible camp and don’t have any Internet. XD

O that you would realize that each moment is golden. - Ellen G. White

Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

@joy-caroline

Paul’s oldest nephew, Reuben, was actually meant to be just a side character originally, but he outgrew his role SO much. Now his storyline is easily competing for the most intense, which I NEVER saw coming. Honestly, it was kind of the same for both nephews. Seth was meant to be a side character originally too, but now he’s one of the main characters, the third book is named after him, he has a POV in the third book, and tbh he’s my favorite character. I just love him XD I’m looking forward to writing his book, Seth: Anointed, the most.

Oh, it’s just the best when that happens! I love when characters just grow by themselves and become the most interesting characters! They’re even better than the characters who just appear in a spark of inspiration and stay the same all the way through.

Awesome!! Should we make a New Year’s resolution to write every day?

Tbh I don’t know if I could hold up my end of that resolution. XD I’m always so insanely busy and the days disappear before I know it, haha. But maybe I could try, and take a few days off in January when I go up to my academy’s junior-senior Bible camp and don’t have any Internet. XD

LOL, I absolutely couldn’t do it XD In the summer months the sun sets so late that I can’t write on Saturdays anyway, and in the winter it’s the same for friday. Besides that I just genuinely don’t have that kind of determination.

My resolution/plan is to finish this next novel in three months, which doesn’t sound like a lot but consistency is the thing I struggle with most, so it’s kind of a challenge that direction.

Without darkness, there is no light. If there was no nighttime, would the stars be as bright?

Joy C. Woodbury
    @joy-caroline

@rose-colored-fancy

Oh, it’s just the best when that happens! I love when characters just grow by themselves and become the most interesting characters! They’re even better than the characters who just appear in a spark of inspiration and stay the same all the way through.

I know, right?!? I definitely agree!

In the summer months the sun sets so late that I can’t write on Saturdays anyway, and in the winter it’s the same for friday.

Same! #sabbathcrew, am I right? XD

My resolution/plan is to finish this next novel in three months, which doesn’t sound like a lot but consistency is the thing I struggle with most, so it’s kind of a challenge that direction.

That’s a good plan! No, believe me, that IS a lot. Three months is pretty fast to finish a whole novel.

On the vein of resolutions, I’ve got something to admit. I decided not to start the first book in my Life of Sacrifice Series quite yet… because something sort of interrupted the plan. XD Suddenly I remembered a story idea I had a few months back and I felt an urge to explore it again. Long story short, I’m now working on a historical fiction novella that I’m aiming to finish by February. It’s called Where Faith Remains (title may be subject to change). But yeah. XD

Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

@joy-caroline

Same! #sabbathcrew, am I right? XD

LOL, exactly XD Do you all also celebrate from sunset Friday to sunset Saturday?

Suddenly I remembered a story idea I had a few months back and I felt an urge to explore it again. Long story short, I’m now working on a historical fiction novella that I’m aiming to finish by February. It’s called Where Faith Remains (title may be subject to change). But yeah. XD

Ohh, that’s the coolest! I read the Know the Novel article and it looks so cool! Are you going to revise it or is it just a quick project like Moonlyte?

Without darkness, there is no light. If there was no nighttime, would the stars be as bright?

Joy C. Woodbury
    @joy-caroline

@rose-colored-fancy

LOL, exactly XD Do you all also celebrate from sunset Friday to sunset Saturday?

Yep, we do!

Ohh, that’s the coolest! I read the Know the Novel article and it looks so cool! Are you going to revise it or is it just a quick project like Moonlyte?

Thanks!

I’m planning to do a few drafts and revise it. I’m hoping the first draft will go smoothly, ’cause I’d like to finish it soon. I’m just kinda letting myself write whatever with the reassurance that I’ll fix it in edits XD

Cat Thompson
    @cat-thompson

Hey Joy!

I believe I know you from KDWC. 🙂

So nice to more about your WIPs and favorite books!

@joy-caroline

Joy C. Woodbury
    @joy-caroline

@cat-thompson

Hi, Cat! I do remember you. 🙂 Great to see you here on SE!

Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

@joy-caroline

Hello, CWW struck again and I have nothing to say for myself. I humbly beg for forgiveness XD

I’m planning to do a few drafts and revise it. I’m hoping the first draft will go smoothly, ’cause I’d like to finish it soon. I’m just kinda letting myself write whatever with the reassurance that I’ll fix it in edits XD

Oooh, that’s too cool! If you ever need beta-readers, I’m here, I’m ready, I want to read it!

Joy C. Woodbury
    @joy-caroline

@rose-colored-fancy

Hello, CWW struck again and I have nothing to say for myself. I humbly beg for forgiveness XD

Haha, no worries! I wish I could have done CWW but I had too much going on at school, so no time. 😔

Oooh, that’s too cool! If you ever need beta-readers, I’m here, I’m ready, I want to read it!

Yay! I’ll definitely be keeping that in mind when the time comes!

Viewing 9 posts - 91 through 99 (of 99 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest