fb

Hello! Definitely haven’t been stalking for a year…

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Hello! Definitely haven’t been stalking for a year…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Miller
    @miller

Uh, hi! I’ve been stalking *cough* watching for a year.

(I think it’s been a year?) I don’t remember.

I’m very new to forums and would like help learning about writing and poetry.

So uh hi!

Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

@miller

Hi Miller! I’m Rose, pleased to meet you!

How long have you been writing and what genres do you write in?

Without darkness, there is no light. If there was no nighttime, would the stars be as bright?

Miller
    @miller

Well me and writing never had a good relationship to start with.

I want to say I started in 2019. 2020, some very drastic things happened. My private Christian middle school turned to virtual, my two boxers died, and, of course, COVID. Late 2021 I got a poem idea and have been trying to figure that out. I’m terrified of posting what I have here. I am a tiny bit afraid of you all.

Sorry about that mess. I don’t know what I want to do with writing, or what I want out of writing. I’m going to keep trying and attempting.

As for what genres I don’t think I can answer this. I haven’t been writing anything long enough to figure it out. So sorry if this isn’t helpful.

I hope that answers your questions

Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

@miller

Well me and writing never had a good relationship to start with.

Same! XD I hated creative writing for most of my life. I just wasn’t good at it, so I didn’t enjoy it.

2020, some very drastic things happened. My private Christian middle school turned to virtual, my two boxers died, and, of course, COVID.

I’m so sorry about that! 🙁 I also started writing in 2020. Just with the whole lockdown and general stressful situation, I was bored and needed the distraction. So, I’m a kinda new writer too 🙂

Late 2021 I got a poem idea and have been trying to figure that out. I’m terrified of posting what I have here. I am a tiny bit afraid of you all.

Oh, I completely understand that! Posting your first piece of writing/poem/idea is one of the scariest things you will ever do in writing. Letting anyone else read your work is always intimidating, but it gets easier!

If you prefer to wait a while and get to know everyone a bit, there’s absolutely no pressure, the folks here are some of the kindest people I’ve ever known and it’s an awesome community!

I’m on the YA fiction side of things, I’ve only written two terrible poems, both of them scribbled in the notes app on my phone, so I’m not any kind of authority there, but there are a bunch of poets scattered over the forum!

Sorry about that mess. I don’t know what I want to do with writing, or what I want out of writing. I’m going to keep trying and attempting.

You don’t have anything to apologize for 🙂 I get that, I’m not planning to publish soon, so I’m just writing a bit for fun.

As long as you keep trying you’re making progress and you’re ahead of a lot of people!

As for what genres I don’t think I can answer this. I haven’t been writing anything long enough to figure it out. So sorry if this isn’t helpful.

That’s cool, you’ll get there! Trying out genres is really fun, I’ve only written historical fantasy so far, but I want to write mysteries and maybe sci-fi one day and maybe a fantasy that’s less structured and oh, so many things XD

Do you have any favorite books or writers?

(Oh, and something about the forum, you can tag someone so they’ll get a notification! Tags are right under the name and profile picture, like mine is @ rose-colored-fancy. If you paste that into your text the other person will get a notification for it! Everyone takes a while to figure that one out XD)

Without darkness, there is no light. If there was no nighttime, would the stars be as bright?

Miller
    @miller

Yeah I’m trying to get along with writing now. We’ll see if I can become friends with it. It’s going to be just like timing with piano.

What’s the YA side of things, and what’s YA in general?

Um I really like Andrew Peterson and the Wing feather Saga. I can’t remember anything else off the top of my head. I will get back to you.

Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

@miller

Yeah I’m trying to get along with writing now. We’ll see if I can become friends with it. It’s going to be just like timing with piano.

Exactly! Writing gets easier the longer you do it, the first 20k words were the hardest I ever wrote.

Oh, it’s so cool that you play the piano! I play the Celtic harp! What kind of music do you like to play? (And timing is the worst XD I cannot keep rythym unless I count but I can’t count and play at the same time XD)

What’s the YA side of things, and what’s YA in general?

YA is just the short form of Young Adult, just like MG is the shortened version of Middle-grade! Both are technically publishing labels, but we use it to refer to the target audience you’re writing for. Young Adult is marketed to teenagers from 13-18, roughly, though a lot of adults read YA. Middle-grade is a bit younger, though the line is really blurry.

So, that’s just a way of saying my current WIP (Work in progress, the project I’m currently writing on) is aimed toward teenagers.

Um I really like Andrew Peterson and the Wing feather Saga. I can’t remember anything else off the top of my head. I will get back to you.

That’s cool! I never heard of that series before I joined SE, but everyone on here seems to have read it XD Don’t be surprised if you find people who have “Thwapling” and “Igiby” in their username XD

I only read the first book, but it was fun!

Miller
    @miller

I like to play a lot of christian songs, modern and the classical type of songs.

Alright I didn’t know that. That’s really cool.

I got sucked in thanks to some friends of mine. I’ve read all four and it was a good ending.

Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

@miller

I like to play a lot of christian songs, modern and the classical type of songs.

That’s fun! I often struggle to find sheet music for that kind of music, my music books are mostly classical! I’ve been playing Einaudi which is lovely but very long and very hard XD

Miller
    @miller

I haven’t heard of Einaudi. I’ll have to research them.

Thank you for making me feel welcome on the forums! I feel excited to write, and maybe share with everyone here.

Have a good day, Rose!!

Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

@miller

Thank you for making me feel welcome on the forums! I feel excited to write, and maybe share with everyone here.

Have a good day, Rose!!

You’re very welcome! Tag me when you post anything, I’d love to read it 🙂

You too, Miller!

(Also, I love your profile picture, that’s an adorable cat!)

Joshua Scheele
    @storysmith

@miller

Welcome to the crew!

I want to say I started in 2019. 2020, some very drastic things happened. My private Christian middle school turned to virtual, my two boxers died, and, of course, COVID. Late 2021 I got a poem idea and have been trying to figure that out. I’m terrified of posting what I have here. I am a tiny bit afraid of you all. Sorry about that mess. I don’t know what I want to do with writing, or what I want out of writing. I’m going to keep trying and attempting.

It was not until the past couple of years that I embraced my interest of writing my own fantasy novel series. I honestly hated writing until then. XD The one thing that really pushed me to like it was due to my job. On a normal day, I write about 2,000-10,000 words and eventually got itch to write things I enjoy. However, It is hard for me to keep up due to how much stress my job creates. I have learned to always seize that joy and victory whenever I manage to go the extra mile. XD

I did write a bit when I was in highschool but never shared because I was afraid of criticism. However, God has shown me that my creativity is gift to be shared and through trial and error, I will improve and write for His glory.

Feel free to tag me as well on what you post. I am also trying to learn poetry so I can include it in my story for storytelling, songs, and mystery.

Miller
    @miller

Nice to meet you Joshua!

Thank you for making me feel welcomed, and I will definitely try to @ you at any poetry I do post!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest