fb

Hello, Blessed Writings

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Hello, Blessed Writings

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    TanyasCreative
    @tanyacreative

Hello. How are you all?

I could write a novel here just getting to know me and my story of hurt. Well, I’m goofy and laid back and isolating alone with just my two fury girls and it’s been super hard. A lot of ugly crying to God while in the tub of all places. I fell in love with Jeus August 2015 the same year I suddenly lost my husband after being together for 17yrs. I’m learning Sign Language and it’s super hard since I don’t have anyone around me that’s deaf but there’s a little boy I see when I brave the venture home to my small unsaved family.

Writing had always been my escape throughout my teen years and 20s and then I learned knitting and that consumed my time. Somewhere in the mess of time I wrote pbp, play by post role-playing on message boards (ezboards) and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was the only sort of writing I was doing despite being haunted by specifically an old character that went by “Secret”. The other characters were mostly quiet but she haunted my dreams and felt her in them. Then Nanowrimo 2019 I bravely dared myself to write 35K because I had other things going on then, and to see if I “could” still write… If it was still in me. I made my goal with plenty of days to spare. I was and am still over the moon as it was the only time I sort of won that challenge in my mind.

Last year I was planning to do it, was outlining on cue cards but got into a heavy devotional study with a small group here and I had to drop that task. I tell you it happened for a reason! And Covid reached the one year mark and I lost a little more sanity. I don’t know if it was me, the Spirit but I just made a Facebook post confessing some issues, mental hang ups I have with writing what I always wrote and be Christian. I spoke with a Christian Writing/life coach and it sort of gave me the nudge, the permission to go forwards. The characters, the world I’ve had since I was a teen has always been there, in the back of my head like a nugget that would never fade. Now Christian I want to explore the world, that’s never had religion or good vs evil in it – avoided it like the plague! I feel compelled to go down the rabbit of hole of a 490yr old vampire “Secret” coming to faith after certain events and how this all would play out.

Similar to when I did Nanowrimo I feel I’m letting Him flow through me as I write. The “rest” is working when normally in my life it’s quite hard to achieve. Thank you, mental health! I’ve been doing a lot of background, world & character structure and journaling realizing things about myself and wanting/needing to belong especially in these times alone. How much prep can one do before you work yourself into a tizzy and not able to write? It feels like a super fine line. And I have a creeping feeling of a new story, character(s) to explore. So I should write that down right?

That’s pretty much where I am now as I type this. Eager to find this place, forum of Christian writers and is impatient to meet and make new contacts and friends.

Thank you for your patience. God bless you and your writing.
    Tanya

Arindown (Gracie)
    @arindown

@tanyacreative

Hello Tanya! Welcome! So nice to see another Canadian here (there’s a few of us😊).

I’m Gracie, a teen writer and artist from a little further north. I love Jesus, cats, Lord of the Rings, and am currently reading Ben Hur. What is your favorite book/story?

My current work is a fantasy book about what it means to leave a legacy, what redemption is, and how to accept forgiveness. My main character is Thane…a dark, broody wizard that needs a bit of light, love, and good food.😂

I think you’ll love the Story Embers community. It’s super encouraging, and helpful.

I’d love to hear more about your stories!

Not all those who wander are lost.

MelancholicWriter
    @melancholicwriter

@tanyacreative

Hi and welcome!

So nice to see another Canadian here (there’s a few of us😊).

Yes we are few in number but great in heart!😁

Writing had always been my escape throughout my teen years and 20s

I am and still am the same way! It’s just something I can pour my heart into and because I’m INFP, I have a hard time talking to people about my struggles so writing is somewhere safe that I can put them.

If you’re willing to share, I’m interested in hearing more about your writing!

"Courage is found in unlikely places." JRR Tolkien

Arindown (Gracie)
    @arindown

@melancholicwriter

You’re an INFP? *high fives* So am I!

Just out of curiosity, what does having this personality mean to you? I don’t know a lot of people with my personality (besides Anne Shirley, Frodo Baggins, Shakespeare, Tolkien, and other great dreamers I never got to meet😊) and it’s fun to see what other people see us as, and how we view ourselves.

And another Canadian! If you’re okay with it, what province/territory do you live in? I’m from the Northern half of Ontario.

MelancholicWriter
    @melancholicwriter

@arindown

YAY! I don’t believe I’ve met another INFP at least that I know of. *high five*. To try answer your question (though this will be rough), I am proud to be an INFP. I know pride is bad, but I don’t mean it in a bad way if ya get what I mean. I’m happy that I’m part of a more rare and dreamer personality type and I can see it helping me in my writing. It makes me see that I am special (not a TON of ppl have this personality type) and I’m happy that God has given me this type. That is really rough how I explained it *slaps head*. It’s funny, I can put my ideas in writing when I’m writing a story but when it comes to my thoughts, it’s no good because I have thought about this and know exactly what I think.

GURL!! I’m Ontario too!! Southern half though (I think) I suck at geography…

@tanyascreative

Hello and welcome to this beautiful place!

Your story makes me think of a song that I just wrote for friend’s of mine who are going through some hard stuff right now in life. I’m so glad to hear that you made it through, though I’m sure there are still challenging things.

I’m also a teen writer, who is slowly but surely finding her love of writing and is trying to hone it into a beautiful craft that she can use to touch people’s lives. My Meyers-Brigs personality is ESFP, so I love to be with people. 🙂

And coincidently… … … I live in Canada as well! And even better… … … I live in Ontario. 😉 North Western, to be more specific. @arindown @melancholicwriter

Even the smallest person can change the course of the future. -JRR Tolkien

Arindown (Gracie)
    @arindown

@olivia Yay! How’s life going for you? I saw that you are taking writing really seriously (every day) now. Good job! I’ve been trying to take it seriously, but it’s hard (long) work. I’m supposed to be finishing my first draft in August.

@melancholicwriter
    Don’t worry, I totally understand about being “proud” of being INFP. I am too. And yes, like you said, it’s hard to explain (people struggle to understand what goes on inside my head😁). The thing I think I love most about being an INFP is the natural awareness God gave me to the contrast of the good and evil (I think Tolkien had this too).

Upside is that I feel deeply about a lot of things (stories, beauty, characters, people) and downside is that when I emotionally crash, my whole life crashes.😂  Do you have that? I also struggle to relate to real people sometimes…I joke that I love people, but only at a distance.😆

INFP’s are so special tho (every personality is, but…😉)

How is your writing going?

TanyasCreative
    @tanyacreative

Oh bloody grief maybe I can make a post and it not go off into the interwebs never to be seen again by human! *face to palm* So frustrating.

I’m likely foolishly hoping (and expecting) to divinely make some good solid trustworthy connections somehow online in the writers community, however, God hasn’t clubbed me over the head with loads of patience. Didn’t think there be some of a writing community on Instagram of all places but there’s some I’ve been able to cyber stalk and some prompts I like to add my three cents to. Though I would like a photo prompt challenge a day for a month specifically for aspiring novelists. Got no answer when I posted a question on the nanowrimo Facebook group.

I’m not sure of my personality type, is there one for just fed up with things? *half joking*

Below is a section out of the salvaged pieces of older writing that I think will fit into what I suspect will be a prologue, though not sure the details but have some scenes I want/need to do. Writing them is the bigger challenge as they’re super fast being vampires and more so because of their bloodline and directness to the source. I’m not confident in writing fight scenes for humans, vampires or animals which will need to be done in the draft as the story unfolds.

His origins forgotten and blurred together in the dark recesses of a tall dark skin figure eons amongst the stale air cavern of his resting place. The very darkness that consumed their precious light and fused their souls to their bodies made them one, making them something other than human. Leaders come in all shapes and forms no matter the century for within this dark, barren cavern stirs one such man. Where once there were three, now there are two, one in isolation upon a remote island she remains remorseful and uninterested in the world around her waiting for the end. Her love of the world and those on it long waned as time after time she watches men do themselves in by their own greed, and faults; no longer does she try to turn the tides of faith. The second lost to the darkness and time nearly millennia ago during a horrible early morning array of lights, flashes and sweeping of mother earth that groaned and  spread her arms open reaching towards the sky.
    The third; this tall lanky figure skin darkened by choice, by fancy – for this moment that may change in a moment’s chance – chose any form he wished to dress in. Within the sarcophagi dressed in remnants of what was the best robs befitting the King Pharaoh of the 18 Dynasty the once male moved once since laying down upon the coldness of his crypt. His resting place from where he watched his children, those like him multiply and grow strong spreading their lethal claws throughout humanity and the other Inxieriea. Twisting the blade in the back of men and manipulating them like rats in a cage down through the eons. He saw everything, heard everything from his enclosed tomb within the Valley of the King.
    Blank detached pools of blackness pierced the darkness, moving soundless. The massive sarcophagi topping rattling back as a figure, his original form – life disregarded and forgotten in the continuous wheels of evolution and time. Rising smoothly and with a refinement, cunningness of a much different world then the one that went on around him but yet not without him. For despite his seclusion from the world, he was very much familiar with the progress the humans had made; since he withdrew himself from what was becoming more and more their world and less the Inxieriea that lived amongst them without their knowledge. Folding the distance of the interior as easily as humans breath; the intimating figure with a smooth round head appeared outside the cavern where his eyes rapidly adjusted the intense humid afternoon sun blazing in the clear sky above the Valley of The Kings. Looking over the changes of his lands he made no expression of familiarity or pain from seeing the vast changes of his considerable land but saw his plans unfolding before him like a chess board made of the finest marble, sculptured by master sculptures. Plans, and goals so easily manipulate that it all verged on the hinge of being a source of boredom for the so-called man, made monster by his own body; plans and people – his own kind – how deluded and thoughtless his family had become, both with their own existence and that of which they the chose to bring into the darkness.
    Feeling the warmth from the sun beating down on him, trying as it might to incinerate him like it would most of his kin, they all were far too young to bear to be within the light once again. He tried to enjoy the simple pleasure of the flesh, the gentle feel of the sun on his dark dead flesh – to revel in something that terrified so many of his family and yet left him untouched. The microscopic stones beneath his feet would have tickled him at one point if he was still receptive to such things, allowing himself to be weak like so many others on this ball of dirt and clay. The breeze flowing over the desert was like a lost soul looking for the after world as it swooped over one dune and down another, wrapping around the now naked male, discarded remnants of clothing he walked unabashed by nudity for such things were that of the human world; a world he was not a part of for well over four thousand years. Naturally within this time villages had come and gone, and he had watched them all; the one he walked towards was just but another incarnation of an earlier civilization to which there would be thousand more in the eons to come.
    Amongst the Inxieriea, the Xamerenorda had long since been a figment, folklore – a thing of ancient history. Nothing more than gossip and things to strike fear through the younger generation that merely only led them to question those that brought them into the darkness; taught them the ways of the wolf, feline or avian. Always watching and becoming more removed from the very world he could easily dominate as many others of his kin had and wanted to. Young fools were to crave such things that simply were not simply logical; why dominate, destroy their very source of food and labor. Standing upon a dune looking ahead he saw Cairo and all the lovely humans shuffling around like lambs on a cosmic wheel, unaware of what truly lived amongst them as they always seemed to be. Would they ever become self aware of such things as the Inxieriea; would they merely live as a food source or if they’re lucky unevolved insignificant other to an animal? Memories of his past played out in his minds eye as he moved easily casually moving at such a rate the eldest Xamere, his only child he had ever made, would not see his maker till it was too late…

2-3 weeks I set a goal to write and finish the two MC’s profiles and a few other prep stuff and didn’t meet the goals so yesterday I simply said, just to write this week. A ugly horrible draft – just get the stinking words out in whatever order they come to. Deal with the gigantic mess of editing and all much, MUCH later! So far today I haven been putering doing errands and tomorrow afternoon I have Sign Language class.

I’m in Niagara Falls Ontario, about five minuets from the very dead Clifton Hill. Both this area and myself need activities, people and things going on!! I’m quite concerned by the time this infernal covid is vanquished I’m not going to have any sanity left!

MelancholicWriter
    @melancholicwriter

@olivia

Hurrah!

Your story makes me think of a song that I just wrote for friend’s of mine who are going through some hard stuff right now in life. I’m so glad to hear that you made it through, though I’m sure there are still challenging things.

You write songs?! Cool!

@arindown

Upside is that I feel deeply about a lot of things (stories, beauty, characters, people) and downside is that when I emotionally crash, my whole life crashes.😂 Do you have that? I also struggle to relate to real people sometimes…I joke that I love people, but only at a distance.😆

YES! I feel the same way! And I think it annoys people some times because I just crash and I can’t talk about what I feel and i just well idk.😂😂 I run 100% on emotions and if they are haywire so am I😂. I ‘love’ ppl at a distance like there’s this little voice ‘don’t get too close. they don’t get you’

@arindown

Hi! Haven’t been around on here in a while, but planning to change that some. Life’s had it’s up and downs, but for the most part it’s pretty good. A friend of mine died last week and that was really hard, but it’s getting better now. (The song I wrote about loss is actually because of that, @melancholicwriter. I wrote it for his family.)

Yes, I’ve started taking writing a lot more seriously than I used to. So far it’s been going very well and I’ve written every day for almost the past year, with the exception of a few days. My current writing streak is over five months!!! 😀 Pretty happy about that!

I’m super close to finishing my first draft: just two scenes away. It’s ending rougher than I want, but it is only the first draft after all. xP After I finish I’m going to do some brainstorming, plot out the story again but with all the plot holes filled in, and start rewriting!

@tanyacreative

Haha, there might be… 😉  But I don’t know which personality that would be. And come to think of it, that’s not really a personality, since every personality type can get fed up with stuff. 😛

Yup, I wouldn’t worry about all the editing now. It doesn’t have to be perfect, just start writing if that’s what you want to do. After all: “You can always edit a bad page. You can’t edit a blank page.” -Jodi Picoult  So I say when you feel ready, start writing!

Yes, I’ve heard many people say they fear for their sanity. xD Not sure if mine is too bad these days, but one never knows until one enters society once again… 😉

Interesting story by the way! I was about to say that I’ve never read a story from a dead person’s point of view, but realized that’s not true. My own story is technically from a boy’s point of view in Heaven, so that’s dead, I suppose… or at least after this earthly life. Lol

@melancholicwriter

Fun meeting more Canadians. 😉 😀

Yes, I write songs! Some are worship songs, others are more of prayers for people. (Like the one I just wrote for my friend’s family.) Eventually I want to record them (or my favourites) and make an album, but we’ll see when that time comes. I don’t have enough songs currently, so I’ll wait a while and see if I get more written. I basically just write them when they come to mind and that works out pretty well.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Story Embers

Pin It on Pinterest