fb

Hello all!

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 97 total)
  • Author
    Ally Renee
    @ally-renee

@rose-colored-fancy

Hi Rose! So sorry for the late response! Getting back into school and adding more school on top of it is sometimes difficult, ya know? XD

Thanks! I love all of Proverbs 31 in general, but that is one of my favorite verses too 🙂

LOL that’s great! If there is ever any news about someone who was assassinated by bleeding to death from knife cuts, I’m contacting you XD It really does sound very suspicious without the context 😛 But that makes sense with the context of what you write and what your family knows. For most of my action scenes I usually guess at what happens, mostly because I feel like my family would be concerned if I ask them questions like “Where would be the best place to stab someone if you were trying to kill them as quickly as possible and keep them from making sounds?” XD

Oh thanks!!! I will have to read that article here pretty soon! Elemental requires a lot of information-giving, so I definitely will be trying that out 😀

Ikr? I find that annoying too :/ This is why we, as authors, can break the cycle XD I mostly made Penny more of a tomboyish girl because, for most of her life, she didn’t have the need to get all dressed up; she never saw any other people but her family, so why not just wear sweatpants all day? I have quite a few female characters who are more stylish mostly so all of my main girls aren’t all the exact same characters LOL. At least, I hope I can write them all differently and keep them that way 🙂

(Whaaaaaat? You were using sarcasm?! XD 😉 ) I really don’t like characters like that either. The seemingly flawless characters are always the worst, in my opinion. And the shallow girls. And the obnoxious girls. And the seemingly ignorant and clueless but really they use that to draw attention to themselves kind of girl XD Basically there are just a lot of poorly written female characters out in the world, and it’s hard for me to love a lot of them LOL. And no need to apologize for the rant LOL. I have had my fair share of rants 😛

Ohhh okay, well that makes sense! It would be strange if she still worked outside and whatnot all day and still looked completely clean and neat XD But I totally relate to the whole seeing-your-crush-when-you’re-a-complete-mess ordeal LOL. I would always see my crushes outside, and I’d be walking close to them, and then all of a sudden a huge gust of wind comes and blows my hair all over my face and ruins it XD I can so relate to Liorah for that 😛

Thanks! I’m glad Belrac sounds interesting to you! I’ve tried my best developing it LOL.

I love all your people’s fighting techniques! I love the diversity with their styles and how they match up with their personalities 🙂 I think it’s fun to write certain styles and techniques; at least for me it is! And wow, hurling clogs XD That’s awesome LOL. I can just picture someone throwing a clog and it accidentally hitting someone, and the thrower being like “Sorry, that was for science!” XD

Ooo, I don’t think I’ve ever used that technique, but I’m doing it now XD So my 8 MCs are Penny, Alex, Chad, Kevin, Danny, Taylor, Faith, and Kelsi. All of them have attack-based powers except for Kel (she’s a different kind of Elemental who specializes in healing and therefore cannot defend herself with powers), so she would obviously use flight if she ever ended up in a fight or deadly situation LOL. I think most of the other seven would stay and fight, mostly because fleeing would almost always end up in capture or death. The only ones (other than Kelsi) who wouldn’t fight would be Taylor (lie/discuss) and Faith (discuss). Penny is too stubborn to flee, which isn’t great for her LOL. Alex is majorly protective of his friends and family in the midst of battle (which goes poorly for him in my first book… *insert evil laugh* XD), and then Chad, Kev, and Danny are also protective and don’t want anyone to get hurt (Chad specifically is very sacrificing). So… mostly fight; I have very aggressive characters XD

That sounds cool! The parrot sounds amazing XD 😉 I don’t have any critiques on it, but the characters sound great (and the genres and ideas seem kewl too)! If you pitch it to me when you have a general idea of the storyline I may be able to help some, but nothing from me right now! 🙂

I’m currently also working on like two other things LOL. One of them is my other main WIP that originally started out as a writing challenge for my writing club that I wrote two parts for, and then one of my friends wanted me to write a third part (because I left the second part on a major cliffhanger XD). So now I’m writing it out as a short story! I’m thinking about calling it “From Another Planet,” but I don’t know if I’m in love with it yet LOL.

So it’s technically about two people: a twenty-five-year-old American rocket scientist, and a little Martian girl who has been tortured all her life. I normally don’t write about aliens and whatnot but the challenge required that there be at least one LOL. It’s an obviously fictional story about Henry Jenkins, who got the opportunity to travel on a rocket he designed to Mars to find out what happened to all the rovers NASA had sent (as they had suddenly lost contact with the rovers). Without spoiling too much of what happens in the first part, Henry accidentally stumbles upon Martian existence that has been interfering with the rovers 😛 I can try to tell you more, but I’m afraid I’d spoil stuff LOL. I have finished the rough draft of the first part, and I have started on the second part, and I have a general idea of what I want to happen in the third part XD

The other thing I’m writing a little something for fun that I have no intention on publishing. It’s like my own spinoff of “The Green Ember” by S.D. Smith because I love that series so much LOL. It’s too much like the original series for me to publish without most likely getting sued XD I also was inspired by the board-game called “Root” that’s basically about woodland animals at war with one another XD But it’s almost the exact same storyline of TGE, just altered a slight bit. My MCs names are Rika and Vagden Skyfall, and they are brother and sister vagabond rabbits. They come across the Woodland Rebellion, who are rebelling against Hyde Thrashen, the wolf overlord of the forest. Though they had no intention of joining the rebellion (at least, Rika didn’t want to), they are kinda forced to. So the storyline follows them as they adjust to living underground with a bunch of strange animals, trying to learn how to fight, and mingle with the other rebels (oh, and try to survive XD).

So that’s pretty much it LOL. Another random question time! Have you ever written a death scene? If you have, do you have any pointers on how to make it heart-wrenching for the readers? XD Because I have quite a few death scenes I have to write, and I want a lot of them to be so depressing LOL. Are there any things that you think are good to add to the deaths and things you think should be avoided? Thanks! 😀

"Strength and dignity are her clothing, and she smiles at the future." ~ Proverbs 31:25

Lona
    @lonathecat

@ally-renee

All good haha. English is hard. 😛

Well, according to Google, it’s Congress, so yay we’re good guessers. XD

Haha I can relate to your brother’s feelings. I tried recording myself singing a couple times (while I was completely alone in the house and the neighbors were gone) and my nerves still flipped out. It’s a problem XD.

That worked out well! And awwwwww that is such a cute name! Is it after the author, by any chance? Or just for randomness? 🙂

Lol your mom is awesome. 😛

Haha by this point I think they both have learned to laugh it off.

Oh my word that is great XD. Yay for goofiness. 😛 Do have a favorite Neanderthal poem? 🙂

(Also sorry for the reeeeeally slow response. Still readjusting to post-break life. XD)

Ally Renee
    @ally-renee

@lonathecat

Hi friend! 😀

LOL, yes it is. I feel like that shouldn’t be something I struggle with as an aspiring author XD

Yay, first try! XD we’re so good at guessing 😛

Dude I totally understand LOL. I still have stage fright and anxiety over that even though I’ve been on stage 4 times XD I love it when I’m home alone because I can sing as loud as I want since no one can scold me 😉 There is no problem with nerve-flipping-outing with recording yourself; I had to record myself singing a solo for the audition, and it was so awkward for myself even though I was alone in my basement XD

It really has worked out! He has adjusted to our family so quickly, and he is, like, a perfect fit for us 🙂 I actually don’t know if he was named after the author or not XD I’ll have to ask his previous owners and see if there’s a reason behind his name. But I love his name too 🙂

LOL she is. She’s great XD

Oh well that’s good LOL.

Ikr? I love my goofy family XD Actually, the Poetry for Neanderthal game is a lot like Catchphrase or Taboo, where you try to get your team to guess the word(s) on your card. But the catch for this specific games is that you are mandated to use words that have only ONE syllable XD You truly sound like a caveman when you play that game LOL. I don’t really know what the poetry part is for, but it’s a fun game nonetheless XD

(No worries whatsoever about your response! I’m still adjusting to post-break life too LOL).

"Strength and dignity are her clothing, and she smiles at the future." ~ Proverbs 31:25

Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

@ally-renee

Hi friend!

So sorry for the late response! Getting back into school and adding more school on top of it is sometimes difficult, ya know? XD

I totally get that! I have the exact same thing! XD

Ikr? I find that annoying too :/ This is why we, as authors, can break the cycle XD

IKR! That’s the coolest part of being an author! The book is exactly as you like it (Eventually. Hopefully. Sort of close.) XD.

I can just picture someone throwing a clog and it accidentally hitting someone, and the thrower being like “Sorry, that was for science!” XD

You’re pretty close! If you want to picture the scene in its full ridiculousness, imagine me hopping around on one clog and hurling the other at a stack of hay-bales, while exclaiming: “For research purposes!” (Yes, I actually did that. Yes, it looked as ridiculous as it sounds.)

Ooo, I don’t think I’ve ever used that technique, but I’m doing it now

You did an awesome job! Your characters sound great!

That sounds cool! The parrot sounds amazing XD   I don’t have any critiques on it, but the characters sound great (and the genres and ideas seem kewl too)! If you pitch it to me when you have a general idea of the storyline I may be able to help some, but nothing from me right now!

Thank you! I was intrigued by the weirdness of the genre and idea, and the opportunity to fangirl over historically accurate victorian clothing. (Historical fashion is one of my favorite things!) I’ll pitch it as soon as I have more than half an idea and a color palette!

Your other WIP’s sound so cool! I love the ideas and it sounds so interesting! I love sci-fi!

Hmm, about the death scenes, I can’t help you much there. I’ve written two death scenes, and the first fell horribly flat. All my beta readers reacted in the same general way. “Oh. Okay.” Even though I cried while writing it XD. So, I’m completely rewriting that one. But, I do know something that might help. There’s a SE topic on writing death scenes I discovered recently. I’ll tag you on it, so you can find it! I hope it helps!

What’s your pet peeve in stories?

Without darkness, there is no light. If there was no nighttime, would the stars be as bright?

Ally Renee
    @ally-renee

@rose-colored-fancy

Hi Rose!

Oh thanks. I’m glad you understand my dilemma XD

It really is the best part! All the things we hate about characters and whatnot we can avoid in our own stuff and make it 3 times better And I totally get the whole “eventually, hopefully, sort of” stuff XD I have written and rewritten the first chapter of Elemental sooooo many times before I decided that outlining and actually planning might be useful LOL.

OH MY GOODNESS THAT’S EVEN BETTER XD XD XD I don’t care that that may have been ridiculous; that’s awesome LOL. Please tell me you did not injure anyone in your research purposes? 😉

Aww, thanks so much! 😀

Awesome! It’s nice to let fangirl flags fly XD I’d love to hear your future pitch 🙂

Thank you again! I hope that From Another Planet turns out well LOL. Sci-fi is new to me so we shall see how it goes 😛

Oh ok! I will definitely read through those topic posts! With Elemental being written with constant battles, I feel like I’ll have to get better at writing death and stuff XD

Hmmm, pet peeve. Probably just storylines that don’t really progress and are super boring and whatnot. I can never stay into the books like that. Also, as we discussed, those shallow and stereotypical female characters that we both hate XD

How about you? 🙂

Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

@ally-renee

Hi Ally!

I have written and rewritten the first chapter of Elemental sooooo many times before I decided that outlining and actually planning might be useful LOL.

I can’t agree more! I’m on the fourth rewrite of my first chapter, and this is only the second draft. I’m still not completely happy with it though… Oh well, we’ll get the first chapter right eventually!! I suppose “writing is rewriting” XD

Please tell me you did not injure anyone in your research purposes?

No, thankfully I didn’t, but I’ve finally convinced my brother that I’m entirely insane. He thinks my ‘suspicious’ research is hilarious.

It’s nice to let fangirl flags fly

YESSS!! Few things excite me more than the difference between corsets and stays, and crinolines and bustles! That’s some fascinating stuff XD I love both history and fashion, and putting the two together is amazing!

Probably just storylines that don’t really progress and are super boring and whatnot. I can never stay into the books like that. Also, as we discussed, those shallow and stereotypical female characters that we both hate XD

I couldn’t agree more! Slow plots are the worst!

I’d say my very specific pet peeve is inaccurate writing. Oooh, it annoys me SO much. When I know a lot about a specific thing, such as historical sewing or horses, it annoys me when you can see the author did ZERO research. Horses do not move forward when you wiggle the reins, thank you very much, and that rear-and-gallop-off-dramatically thing does. not. happen. Ever.

Also, corsets didn’t hurt. They’re not dangerous, and everyone wore them. I once read a steampunk fantasy set in Victorian times, but they didn’t mention corsets or shifts once. *Sigghhh*

I understand that you can’t know everything, (Goodness knows, I still can’t figure out how you’re supposed to steer a camel. XD) but stuff like that is all over the internet, and looking it up takes like five minutes. (Yes, I’m thinking about several books in particular XD) Sorry for the rant, it really frustrates me XD You can ask my family, every time we watch a movie that includes horses I’ll scold the actors for how they’re riding XD

Also, when characters get wounded and just get up and move on with no further mention of their injuries, that’s frustrating! Half the challenge of characters getting hurt is afterward, when they’re still hurt but in the middle of the action. That makes for some interesting scenes! I’m thinking about another book specifically XD The characters would be tortured or whatnot, then just move on and brush off the injuries. It was honestly ridiculous XD I find it satisfying when characters are injured and a few books later, they still limp/ hide a scar/ sit a particular way so they don’t strain an old injury. It’s like a little reminder that they’ve gotten through hard things. (The Ascendance series does this really, really well. The MC gets hurt a lot and his scars/ injuries are still mentioned/ used in future books.)

Another question!

Do you like writing villains and gray characters, or not? Do you like reading about them? Who are your favorite villains in books?

Without darkness, there is no light. If there was no nighttime, would the stars be as bright?

Ally Renee
    @ally-renee

@rose-colored-fancy

Hello! 🙂

“Writing is rewriting” indeed XD Part of the wondrous and vigorous process of writing LOL.

Oh wow LOL. I mean, I would think it’d be hard for brothers to see any of their siblings doing something like that and NOT think they’re insane XD

That’s so cool! If you ever get a book like that published you will definitely have to let me know! Even now it sounds so intriguing 🙂

I can understand how that can be frustrating. I mean, I don’t know a lot of things in general, but if there is one random obscure fact incorporated in a story that I know isn’t accurate, I inwardly scold the author XD

OMGOODNESS I TOTALLY AGREE!!!! Like I’ll read books that are like (and I’m totally gonna make up a scenario LOL) “During the battle, Timmy got stabbed in the leg,” and then right after the battle, “Timmy ran up ahead to warn so-and-so about who-knows-what” USING THE LEG THAT WAS INJURED!!!!!!! Also, yes, I am that bad at coming up with scenarios on the fly XD And I totally agree with the whole having lasting reminders of their injuries or whatnot. I give that to Penny and Alex in later stories (mwahahaha XD). Let’s just say I’m cruel to my characters LOL.

I don’t think I’m that great at writing villains, but I like writing them! I wrote the prologue of Elemental based around Mordred and how he became so corrupted (briefly, of course 😛 ), and he is really the only villain I’ve really progressed on. In my other WIP, I have a couple different villains, but since they are in short stories, I don’t have as many pages to develop them all the way, you know?

I haven’t written any gray characters, though I think I need to practice on that! Really I need to practice on all writing techniques and whatnot XD

Hmmm favorite villains…. I liked “Gnag the Nameless” from the Wingfeather Saga. He was pretty good (er, evil XD) in my opinion. I know this isn’t a book, but I loved the main “villainy” person in Knives Out, mostly because it was such a good plot line and the mystery reveal was amazing XD I also have a soft spot for Tyrun Mordred, but I may be biased 😉 I’m sure there are other wonderful villains out in the world of books that I’m not thinking of, but those are all I can think of at the moment (I’ve been up since 6:45, so my brain isn’t functioning very well at the moment XD)

How about you? Who are your favorite villains? And when you’re writing villains (if you do), do you like to make them absolutely corrupted/twisted, or do you go about a completely different way? 🙂

Lona
    @lonathecat

@ally-renee

Hello! 😀
    Lol, no judgement here. My parents are both linguists and yet still I struggle with English spelling/grammar/everything. XD

Haha what is with our nerves that singing alone is so weird? Like talking to myself, I do that all the time. (Alone and not alone, it drives people a little crazy sometimes XD) But singing is so different for some reason.

It’s always nice to hear happy endings nowadays 🙂 . Did you get the chance to ask the previous owners about his name?

Oh my word that game sounds so fun XD. Is there a champion charades-er so far?

Ally Renee
    @ally-renee

@lonathecat

Hi! 😀

Thanks LOL! And honestly same XD

I don’t really understand 😛 Our nerves are strange, that’s all I know 😉 Honestly, I would rather sing in front of people I think than talking XD I think I can sing better than I can talk at a normal pace, so that may be why (but that’s not saying much LOL).

Oh no I totally forgot to ask her :/ Although, I only see her at church, and I always get caught up with talking to friends after church that I don’t get a chance to catch her before she leaves LOL. For the sake of coolness, let us say that he is named after the author XD

It really is fun! Uhhhh I think that my dad is the champion caveman XD I don’t know what that says about us LOL.

So how has the beginning of your year been so far? 🙂

Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

@ally-renee

Hi Ally!

And I totally agree with the whole having lasting reminders of their injuries or whatnot. I give that to Penny and Alex in later stories (mwahahaha XD). Let’s just say I’m cruel to my characters LOL

That’s awesome! Liorah and Ziyad both have more than their fair share of scars, and so do Acyn and Sahar!

That’s so cool! If you ever get a book like that published you will definitely have to let me know! Even now it sounds so intriguing

I totally will! Thank you!

That’s awesome! I’m currently reading the Wingfeather saga. Everyone on this website has read it, apparently XD

How about you? Who are your favorite villains? And when you’re writing villains (if you do), do you like to make them absolutely corrupted/twisted, or do you go about a completely different way?

My absolute favorite villain of all time is Conner from the False Prince. He was so perfectly gray and excellently motivated, and he was actually intelligent, unlike some others.

I like to write villains that are heroes in their own minds and have so completely justified their actions that they think they’re right. I love it when my readers think, “Hey, he has a point.” And the heroes seem evil for a brief instant.

I love writing gray characters too! They’re so much fun!

Ally Renee
    @ally-renee

@rose-colored-fancy

Hi Rose!

Cool!! Scars are great. I give Alex and Penny more, eh, “severe-ish” as a two-for-one special with their scars XD Alex has, like, PTSD and Penny has constant nightmares. But everyone gets scars; no one gets to feel left out LOL.

You’re welcome! 🙂

I love The Wingfeather Saga so much! My family read those books as a read-aloud a couple years ago and it was great 🙂 I mean there were definitely tears shed from me XD But it’s SO good, in my opinion. I guess that’s why most of the people on this site have read it LOL. Just add me to the list 😉

Okay I really have to read The False Prince now XD I like intelligent villains. I would say that’s kind of the opposite for my villain 😛 I mean, I think he’s smart in the way that I’ve developed him, but I think I’ve made him too corrupted to be super intelligent XD

Ooo that’s so fun! Moments where I kind of agree with the villain are, like, “wow” LOL. Although, while I like those moments, I have to remind myself that they’re the villain for a reason XD

I’ll need to practice writing some gray characters! 😀 They sound fun to write out!

Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

@ally-renee

Hi Ally!

I give Alex and Penny more, eh, “severe-ish” as a two-for-one special with their scars XD Alex has, like, PTSD and Penny has constant nightmares. But everyone gets scars; no one gets to feel left out LOL.

Yes! They’re all treated equally in that aspect! *Evil chuckle* Liorah and another character have PTSD in the second book. Both from different events, though. It’s pretty interesting to write so far! I’m just kinda terrified I’ll get it wrong.

I’m actually currently reading the Wingfeather Saga. I’m about halfway on the first book, and I’m finding it a bit of a slow start XD But I’m determined to finish it! I like Leeli! She and Janner are probably my favorite characters so far. Who’s your favorite?

Okay I really have to read The False Prince now XD

YESSS!! I’m going to recommend that book to every person I meet! It’s SOOO good! The villain and MC are honestly brilliant!

Moments where I kind of agree with the villain are, like, “wow” LOL. Although, while I like those moments, I have to remind myself that they’re the villain for a reason XD

Yes, I love those! Another really, really good villain was Prince Viridian from “The secrets of the Wild Wood” by Tonke Dragt. It’s a Dutch book, originally, but I’ve read the translation too, and it’s very good, though it’s slightly better in Dutch XD (In Dutch there’s a character who literally talks only in alliteration and verse, for comedic effect, and it’s SPECTACULAR!)

It’s the second part of “Letter for the King”. I like it even better than the first book! Tonke Dragt was like the… I guess the C.S Lewis of the Netherlands XD (Even though her books don’t really have Christian themes)

The villain in that book even managed to convince the MC, Tiuri, for a few minutes! That was downright impressive! I liked him as a villain since I honestly doubted which side was in the right. He had excellent motivations and was a great character all-around. (I mean, well-written. He was definitely evil XD) Those books are spectacular, BTW. Do not be deceived by the Netflix series! They completely bungled it, from what I hear! They ripped all of it out of context and mixed up the plot so badly.

I’ll need to practice writing some gray characters!   They sound fun to write out!

They’re SO much fun! They always make me briefly worry about whether I’m evil XD It’s kind of interesting since you can really write them as people that might have been good once, but stuff happened and they went the wrong way. (Yes, I’m thinking of one specific character of mine XD) She’s amazing, and she kinda scares me XD I guess the key to writing good villains is to give them good motivations?

What’s the dumbest thing any of your characters have ever done?

Ally Renee
    @ally-renee

@rose-colored-fancy

Hello friend! 🙂

Equal torture treatments for characters XD Sometimes I feel like authors like us are some of the most despicable people you could ever know (in some aspects, of course LOL). I’m sure your PTSD writing will turn out wonderfully! 😉

Yeah, the first book is kind of slow going. After reading the whole saga, I think the books are kind of like the Harry Potter series in one aspect: you can tell that the first book or two was/were intended for a younger audience, and then as the story progresses, it becomes more… I want to say mature, but not in the bad meaning XD Like, it’s not all like a kids book… if that makes any sense LOL. But I applaud you for sticking with it! Leeli and Janner are great! I think my favorite character would have to be a three way tie between Janner, Oskar, and Podo (I think that’s how you spell all their names, but it’s been years since I’ve read the books so pardon any spelling errors LOL).

I shall take your word for it! 🙂

Ooo you read Dutch books? I could never do that XD That’s impressive 😛 But that villain sounds so intriguing! (And only speaking in alliteration and verse is awesome LOL). And yeah, Netflix is never trustworthy XD Why is it that most movies and TV shows almost always ruin the books they are based off of? It’s so sad.

OH I THOUGHT OF A GRAY CHARACTER I HAVE SEEN BEFORE!!!!! XD Sorry for the sudden outburst, but it was killing me that I thought I remembered reading a book with at least one gray characters in them but it never came to me. But now it did LOL. Have you ever read The Count of Monte Cristo? Again, it’s been ages since I’ve read it, but I’m pretty sure that book has at least one gray character. From what I can remember about the premise of that book, I think, like, half the characters could be considered gray XD

Yes, I believe good (or even bad) motivation is a valid way of making a character evil 😛 😉 Or at least a sense of what they believe is right and wrong.

Okay, by “dumb” do you mean dumb like “oh, that was funny,” or dumb like “what were you thinking, you idiot?” LOL because I’m sure my characters have a fair share of both. In my books, I think Penny does a lot of the latter kind of dumb things; she was constantly rebelling against her mother, she never thought rationally, and almost died quite a few times as a result of her actions. I’m pretty sure all of my characters have done at least one humorous dumb thing. Let me think… I know I made Kevin do something dumb like that, but it isn’t coming to mind right now XD Oh well, if I think of it I’ll tell you 😉

How about your characters? 🙂

Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

@ally-renee

Hi Ally!

you can tell that the first book or two was/were intended for a younger audience, and then as the story progresses, it becomes more… I want to say mature, but not in the bad meaning XD Like, it’s not all like a kids book… if that makes any sense LOL.

Awesome! That happens quite a lot in series, I notice. I’m determined to finish it XD

Why is it that most movies and TV shows almost always ruin the books they are based off of? It’s so sad.

IKR!? Like, everyone has been waiting for a good movie adaptation of those, since the books are AMAZING and were really popular. There have been two adaptations so far, the Netflix one *shudder* and an older adaptation with horrid acting and kind of cheaply made. It’s kind of heartbreaking. I haven’t watched the Netflix series, but I heard about it from a friend. It seems they worked too hard to make it ‘modern’ (it was written in the ’60’s) and added a bunch of side-plots, including dumping a bunch of sparkly magic and prophesies over it all. Besides, the actors look NOTHING like the descriptions, like, there isn’t even a resemblance. Okay, rant over XD

Have you ever read The Count of Monte Cristo? Again, it’s been ages since I’ve read it, but I’m pretty sure that book has at least one gray character. From what I can remember about the premise of that book, I think, like, half the characters could be considered gray

That sounds so cool, but no, I haven’t. I do have it on my reading list though. I actually love it when all the characters are some shade of gray. Interestingly enough, that kind of happened in my story XD Liorah is much more gray than Gavril, and some of the others are really borderline evil. It’s kind of fun though!

How about your characters?

Hmm, I think all of them have, at some point. In both senses of the word XD

Lona
    @lonathecat

@ally-renee

Hi again!

My word I keep telling myself I’m going to do better with responding, but life does not seem to be helping me out with that. Second semester is always crazier than the first. XD

Oh huh, I think I’d rather talk. I think I especially wouldn’t mind if I just got to make it up as I went, because when I’ve done speeches I was always scared I’d mess it up. But with no script there’s no pressure. 🙂 (Or at least less pressure XD)

Yeeeeessssss! You have a very literary doggy. 🙂

No judgement, here lol. From the sound of the game, I think my dad would also win. Or maybe my brother.

It’s been good! A lot of the same as last year, just more of it crammed into smaller time frames.

Though here’s a random thing that happened; my brother, who is younger by two years, passed me in height and is now taller by a couple inches. So that’s slightly annoying. XD

How have you been? 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 97 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest