fb

Hello all!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 97 total)
  • Author
    Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

@ally-renee

Yeah, I really recommend “The False Prince”! It’s one of my favorite books.

I actually quite struggled to come up with which characters I wanted to become couples. I only have one pairing I’m really certain about, but they’re adorable (In my opinion XD)

I completely understand not writing as fast as you would like XD. I either struggle on 200 words for hours or write 2000 in a single sitting. LOL. I’m afraid the latter is fairly rare XD.

“Do you ever wonder what it’s like to live your life in hiding? Never feeling the sun on your skin, never venturing out of your front door, never interacting with other people because you live in fear? Or, at least, others around you live in fear. Yeah, that pretty much sums up my life right now.” – Penelope Lane

I LOVE that! That’s a really good first line and an excellent first paragraph! I love how it establishes Penny’s voice, her opinion of the situation, and the situation, both personal and around her.

I actually have to completely rewrite my first few chapters, since the pacing is much too slow and it’s actually quite dull XD.

Hmm, favorite line…. I’m pretty proud of the sarcasm in general, but there’s a particular conversation I like. (It isn’t really spoilers, since it’s already in the summary XD)

“We must fight the Kezbe. Every other option leads to definite destruction—” (I said,)
    “Perfect! This one only has an eighty percent chance of destruction. I’m in, when do we start?” Acyn interrupted, still nettled.

What kind of scenes do you like to write, and which ones do you struggle with?

"Stories are light. Light is precious in a world so dark." The Tale of Despereaux

Ally Renee
    @ally-renee

@rose-colored-fancy

Hi Rose!

Cool! I shall see if that book makes it’s way to me through Amazon, LOL.

I can understand that! I kind of plotted all of my characters’ relationships with each other pretty early on, mostly because I knew what I wanted: I wanted one couple who fell in love immediately, a couple who had been best friends their entire lives, and a love triangle XD But I totally get struggling with that: I have a friend who does not enjoy writing romance as much, but she struggled with it a little bit when she started to incorporate it into a chapter of her book (which I will totally recommend to you once she gets it published XD). Do you want to guess which one Penny will be in and which one Alex will be in? 😉

I too (most of the time) find the 2,000-words-in-a-single-sitting quite rare LOL.

Aww, thanks! 😀 I’m so glad you like it! And oh I’m so happy that the paragraph conveys Penny’s opinions on her life XD. Honestly, reading your comment on that made me SO happy 🙂

I’ve done that too! I have rewritten Chapter 1 of Elemental soooo many times, mostly because I can’t find a way to make it interesting LOL.

Oh my goodness, I love that line of Acyn’s SO much! XD I love the sarcasm a lot; I can understand why you get so proud of it LOL Do Acyn and Liorah have a love-hate kind of relationship? Not, like, romantic kind of love, but like that friendship that involves a lot of teasing? XD

Hmmm, my favorite scenes to write… I enjoy writing (and this is gonna sound so bad XD) conflict scenes, whether it be through an argument or battles, or even some dramatic and life changing event. I also enjoy writing scenes that lighten the mood after it’s been kind of dreary for a while. I’m writing Elemental short stories (that are probably going to be combined into a book of collected short stories about what happens after the events of the first book), and all aspects of the conflict scenes and the sweet enlightening scenes are in one of those short stories. Really, I just enjoy writing all scenes LOL.

While I do like writing battle scenes, I think I struggle with those the most. Those and romantic scenes XD I feel like some of my battle scenes go by too quickly, or I don’t give enough description of who’s doing what, or the pain someone feels, etc. The romantic scenes are hard for me because I don’t want to make them cheesy (sometimes 😛 ), but a lot of time they come out that way, and I don’t like it XD

What are YOUR strengths and weaknesses in writing scenes? 🙂

~ Ally Renee

"Strength and dignity are her clothing, and she smiles at the future." ~ Proverbs 31:25

Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

@ally-renee

Hi Ally!

Do you want to guess which one Penny will be in and which one Alex will be in?

The relationships in your book sound amazing! Hmm, I think Penny will be in the love triangle and Alex will have “love at first sight.” (Wild guess😂)

Aww, thanks!   I’m so glad you like it! And oh I’m so happy that the paragraph conveys Penny’s opinions on her life XD. Honestly, reading your comment on that made me SO happy

You’re welcome!😊 I really liked the way you wrote “Yeah, that pretty much sums up my life right now.” You can tell she’s really saying: “This is what it’s like and I’m NOT happy about it.”

I’ve done that too! I have rewritten Chapter 1 of Elemental soooo many times, mostly because I can’t find a way to make it interesting LOL.

I completely understand that! I have some chapters I’ve completely rewritten two or three times. (Battle scenes, ugh!) What usually works for me is just accept it’s the best I can do right now and go on with the book. Usually, I find that when I come back to scenes I didn’t like after a while I know how to fix it. That’s just what works for me😉 I was just reading a scene I remember as being terrible, but I can fix it now. I’m sure you’ll get the chapter like you want it!

Oh my goodness, I love that line of Acyn’s SO much! XD I love the sarcasm a lot; I can understand why you get so proud of it LOL Do Acyn and Liorah have a love-hate kind of relationship? Not, like, romantic kind of love, but like that friendship that involves a lot of teasing? XD

Thank you so much! You nailed their relationship.😂 They tease each other all the time, but it seldom turns into an argument. He isn’t as argumentative as Liorah.😂

Hmmm, my favorite scenes to write… I enjoy writing (and this is gonna sound so bad XD) conflict scenes, whether it be through an argument or battles, or even some dramatic and life changing event. I also enjoy writing scenes that lighten the mood after it’s been kind of dreary for a while.

I couldn’t agree more! Those are my favorites too! I adore writing arguments! My other favorites are big reveals and plot twists. I just love the drama of it😂

I completely understand your struggles with battle scenes! I had to rewrite both my battles. (I have two in the first book.) I’m pretty proud of my second one, but I need to rewrite the first one again😂 My first battle was only 1500 words and very brief in general. My second battle actually turned out to be really long, like 7000 words. I’m actually afraid it’s a bit tedious, so I may have to go back and fix that.

The other thing I find really hard about battles is the actual prose. I love that I can use all the strongest verbs. (Hurtle! Crash! Shatter!) But on the other hand, how many ways are there to describe the same thing? You can’t do much with a sword besides ‘swing’ and ‘slash’ XD

The other scenes I really struggle with are emotional scenes. They just sound so melodramatic.😂

My other weakness is descriptions. I usually under-describe everything. XD

Who’s your favorite character to write about? And your least favorite?

Do you ever connect your characters to songs? Like, do you know any songs that fit your characters or your story? I know that’s something I do a lot XD.

• This reply was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by Rose.

"Stories are light. Light is precious in a world so dark." The Tale of Despereaux

Ally Renee
    @ally-renee

@rose-colored-fancy

Hello friend!

Congratulations, you get a 100% A+ on the relationship exam! Wild guessing pays off XD And thanks! I’m glad you like the relationships in my book 🙂 I honestly think I have too many LOL!

That’s great because that was just what I was trying to achieve! 😉 Thanks for the feedback 😀

Ooo okay, maybe I’ll try your tactic! I’m going to have a TON of battle scenes (or training scenes) so maybe this will help me not be so much of a critic to myself 😛 Aww thanks, I appreciate your confidence 😉

You’re welcome! 😀 And YES! I love those kinds of relationships so much XD For some reason the conversations between people like that are so much fun to write. I love the constant bickering and still knowing that the friends actually love each other. Penny has that with her love-triangle guys, because what else can you expect from her snarky character? XD

Oh I love plot twists and big reveals too! Those are so much fun XD I also love leaving chapters on cliff hangers; I find a strange kind of joy in having people I send the cliff hangers trying to get me to tell them what happens next LOL. The drama of it is the best part 😉

The struggle is real with battles XD I feel the same way about describing the battles. If this helps at all, whenever I have someone fighting with a sword, I like to also use words like “strike” and “pierce” (mostly for when someone is impaled XD).

And yes, emotional scenes are hard for me because they turn out so sappy, LOL.

Girl same XD Description is so hard for me to keep up with 😛

Hmm… my favorite character to write about would probably either be Penny or Danny (one of the other main characters). Penny because snarky characters are so fun to write, LOL. And Danny because, and this is going to sound terrible, but because I enjoy writing broken characters. I gave Danny a rough life (mostly a traumatizing childhood), and I’m writing a short excerpt thing that I’m going to put in my second book about him and his significant other, and I like to get inside his broken mind. That sounds so evil, but it’s true for me XD

My least favorite… I don’t know if I really have a least favorite character to write about. Sometimes writing from the male perspective is my least favorite because it’s so hard for me to think like a guy XD In my first book, I’m thinking about switching back and forth between Penny and Alex’s perspective, but I have written for guys before, and I think I give them too many emotions to be honest XD But that’s just my opinion. I envy the female authors who can write in a man’s perspective so well 😉

Do you have a favorite/least favorite character to write? If you enjoy writing for guys, please give me tips XD 😉

I’m sure there are good songs out there that could fit my characters, but I don’t listen to a whole lot of music (not that I don’t listen to any at all, but I don’t branch out much LOL). I did, however, take a Harry Potter House quiz for my eight main characters to see what house they are all in 😛 so that was fun, LOL. What songs do your characters line up with? 🙂

~ Ally Renee

"Strength and dignity are her clothing, and she smiles at the future." ~ Proverbs 31:25

Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

@ally-renee

Congratulations, you get a 100% A+ on the relationship exam! Wild guessing pays off XD And thanks! I’m glad you like the relationships in my book   I honestly think I have too many LOL!

Yay! I don’t think you can really have too many😂

Thanks for the feedback

You’re welcome!

Ooo okay, maybe I’ll try your tactic! I’m going to have a TON of battle scenes (or training scenes) so maybe this will help me not be so much of a critic to myself   Aww thanks, I appreciate your confidence

I totally understand, I often get so close to my work that I can’t tell if it’s amazing or terrible😂 Just leaving it for a few weeks/months while I work on other chapters helps SO much! It helps me be a little more objective.

You’re welcome!   And YES! I love those kinds of relationships so much XD For some reason the conversations between people like that are so much fun to write. I love the constant bickering and still knowing that the friends actually love each other. Penny has that with her love-triangle guys, because what else can you expect from her snarky character? XD

IKR! I love writing about those relationships too!

Oh I love plot twists and big reveals too! Those are so much fun XD I also love leaving chapters on cliff hangers; I find a strange kind of joy in having people I send the cliff hangers trying to get me to tell them what happens next LOL. The drama of it is the best part

Ahh, yes, ending the chapter on a cliffhanger and briefly torturing your readers. That’s my favorite😂

The struggle is real with battles XD I feel the same way about describing the battles. If this helps at all, whenever I have someone fighting with a sword, I like to also use words like “strike” and “pierce” (mostly for when someone is impaled XD).

And yes, emotional scenes are hard for me because they turn out so sappy, LOL.

Girl same XD Description is so hard for me to keep up with

I know right! I actually have one or two emotional scenes I’m a bit proud of since they’re better than I remembered. But there are some others where I just scrawled ‘Melodrama!! Rewrite’ all over it. Some of my other editing notes are: ‘Pick a theme!’ (I had literally three themes in one chapter.) and ‘No. Nononono. Rewrite’. 😂XD

Hmm… my favorite character to write about would probably either be Penny or Danny (one of the other main characters). Penny because snarky characters are so fun to write, LOL.

Snarky characters are the best!

And Danny because, and this is going to sound terrible, but because I enjoy writing broken characters. I gave Danny a rough life (mostly a traumatizing childhood), and I’m writing a short excerpt thing that I’m going to put in my second book about him and his significant other, and I like to get inside his broken mind. That sounds so evil, but it’s true for me XD

I completely agree! I have a character like that, (I can’t tell you his name, because of spoilersXD) He’s not exactly evil, but he’s certainly far from good. He’s very interesting😂 he’s actually trying to take over the series. I really like writing about him!

My least favorite… I don’t know if I really have a least favorite character to write about. Sometimes writing from the male perspective is my least favorite because it’s so hard for me to think like a guy XD

I totally understand that! In my first book, I have three male POV chapters. (Each a different character.) It’s pretty hard, but I don’t think they’re that bad. I do prefer writing about girls😂

but I have written for guys before, and I think I give them too many emotions to be honest XD But that’s just my opinion.

Hmm, this isn’t my strong point, but I’ll give you my opinion. I’ve never read a male POV that I thought: “Oh, this isn’t convincing, he has too many emotions.” Actually, I’ve always found the opposite. If they don’t have emotions, they seem slightly robotic. My favorite male POV books are the Ranger’s Apprentice and Brotherband series, and the main characters are pretty emotional. I think they’re actually easier to connect to because of it. For example: In “Ranger’s Apprentice”, the MC, Will, cries in almost every book. Often more than once. It feels quite natural and I like Will better for it.

I always struggle with balancing it, though XD. I think it really depends on the character, for example, Will is quite soft-hearted, so he’s more emotional than some of the others. So if you have a really distant/reserved character (either male or female) you don’t have to write them super emotionally. Something that works for me is giving them some sort of tic when they’re trying to hide an emotion. E.G. rubbing a birthmark/scar, biting their lip, tapping with their fingers, anything like that. I’ve found it lets your readers know they’re trying to hide something.

Hope that was helpful😅

Hmm, I always think of Liorah when I listen to “Fight on, fighter” by For King& Country. Somehow, it just works😂

• This reply was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by Rose.

Ally Renee
    @ally-renee

@rose-colored-fancy

Hi Rose! 😀

Hahaha, thanks 😉

Okay! I will definitely try that out 🙂

Yay to the love-hate relationships! LOL

Torturing my readers is one of my favorite things to do in my writing *insert maniacal laughter* 😉 I love it when I finish writing a chapter of something, and I show it to my friends, and they’re like “YOU MUST TELL ME WHAT HAPPENS NEXT,” XD I think I just like it because it means that I actually wrote something well 😛 😉

Oh I totally feel that XD I struggle with sticking with themes and emotions even through my chapters, LOL. I believe that we ourselves are the biggest critics of our own stories, thought, so I guess we will always find the cringe in everything we write XD

Ooo another broken character! Now I am very intrigued by your book(s) 🙂 Danny is not the evil kind of broken, I would say, or even the far-from-good kind of guy. He’s a sweet guy; I think I made him more sad, quiet, never-really-revealing-his-true-emotions-to-anyone kind of guy. I just torture the poor boy XD I mean, I guess I torture all of them sometimes, but Danny has suffered the most… whoops, LOL.

Yay, someone else feels my mild pain 😉 I think it’s easier for us to write girls because we ARE girls and understand our confusing emotion cycles. I live with two younger brothers, and I still don’t understand how boys work, LOL. I don’t think writing in a guy’s perspective is necessarily bad, but challenging. Mostly because I don’t want one (or many) of my male characters to turn out feminine XD

That was totally helpful! 😀 I guess I had never really thought about it that way. I like the idea of giving some of them certain tics. I may have to use that, unless you think that would be plagiarizing your book? :/

I love that song! And even though I have read 0 pages of your books except for little quotes you have given me, I can totally see that for Liorah XD That’s so cool.

I was wondering something; how do you go about outlining your books? Do you have some sort of system or organization for your outline that helps best for you?

~ Ally Renee

Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

@ally-renee

Hi Ally!

Torturing my readers is one of my favorite things to do in my writing *insert maniacal laughter*   I love it when I finish writing a chapter of something, and I show it to my friends, and they’re like “YOU MUST TELL ME WHAT HAPPENS NEXT,” XD I think I just like it because it means that I actually wrote something well

Haha, I love it when that happens! Especially when I make them wait until the chapter’s perfect. *chuckles evilly* Besides, it keeps them reading XD

Oh I totally feel that XD I struggle with sticking with themes and emotions even through my chapters, LOL. I believe that we ourselves are the biggest critics of our own stories, thought, so I guess we will always find the cringe in everything we write XD

I completely agree! I often struggle coming up with a good theme, and when I do have one, I struggle with expanding it. Well, practice makes perfect I suppose XD. And anyway, when you find something you cringe at, it means you’ve improved! And that’s always a good thing!

Ooo another broken character! Now I am very intrigued by your book(s)

Thank you!😉

Danny sounds like such an awesome character! I really like reading about broken characters too, they’re just more interesting. XD

I mean, I guess I torture all of them sometimes, but Danny has suffered the most… whoops, LOL.

IKR! I actually feel sorry for my characters sometimes, they go through so much. XD. I have one character that’s a favorite to make life hard for. It’s the same character as I mentioned earlier. (The one who’s name I can’t tell XD) It’s gotten to the point that one of my family members will often ask me: “Have you found another way to torture (Character) yet?” 😂😂

Oddly enough, I actually prefer my characters when they have some issues. (That sounds awful, but they’re just more fun to write XD) I like Liorah in book 2 better than I liked Liorah in book 1. She’s almost a different person😂😂 When I go back and forth between writing book 2 and editing book 1 I often think: “Wow, is that Liorah? She was so…. naive…” XD No spoilers, but a lot of things happened in book 1 XD.

Yay, someone else feels my mild pain   I think it’s easier for us to write girls because we ARE girls and understand our confusing emotion cycles. I live with two younger brothers, and I still don’t understand how boys work, LOL.

IKR? 😂

I don’t think writing in a guy’s perspective is necessarily bad, but challenging. Mostly because I don’t want one (or many) of my male characters to turn out feminine XD

I totally understand! That’s something I really struggle with too😂 But, on the other hand, even published authors struggle with it. I’ve read a good many female characters by male authors that were extremely unrealistic/stereotypical. (Why are they all the same??) XD.

That was totally helpful!   I guess I had never really thought about it that way. I like the idea of giving some of them certain tics. I may have to use that, unless you think that would be plagiarizing your book? :/

I’m so glad I could help! Feel free to use the tics idea! I overuse use it with almost all my characters, and I’ve noticed it in a lot of books too.

I love that song! And even though I have read 0 pages of your books except for little quotes you have given me, I can totally see that for Liorah XD That’s so cool.

Thank you! That’s so cool! The first time I heard it, I immediately thought of her XD.

I was wondering something; how do you go about outlining your books? Do you have some sort of system or organization for your outline that helps best for you?

Well, for my first book, I used a very, very, loose outline, which changed so completely that it was unrecognizable when I finished the book. XD. So, I basically wrote more than half without an outline. I did get stuck constantly though, and I have some pretty bad pacing issues that I have to go back and fix.

For my second book, I’m using the “Save the Cat! Writes a novel” beat sheet, and I LOVE it so far! I’ve written down every scene in a sentence or two. (Except for the ending, I still don’t have an ending XD) So I always know what to write, and I write almost twice as fast. The beat sheet is really easy to use, and it makes for really good stories.

I actually really dislike the outlining part, especially coming up with good ideas. But I much prefer writing with an outline, so I do it anyway😉

As for organization, I use Scrivener (Highly recommend it!) But you can even just write down your beats on index cards and pin it to a corkboard and you’ll have the same effect.

What do you use? Do you prefer plotting or pantsing? What have you tried so far?

Ally Renee
    @ally-renee

@rose-colored-fancy

Hi Rose!

Yes, anything to keep the people reading our work XD 😉

Yeah, I guess that’s a good thing! 🙂

Well, I hope I can make Danny interesting.  He isn’t really going to be as important a character in the first couple Elemental books, but I started writing a short story based on him (one that will be part of a compilation of many XD), and I’m honestly enjoying his depressed and broken mind and heart (please ignore how evil and terrible that sounds, LOL).

Oh my word that’s amazing XD If I told my brothers everything I’m doing to my characters, they would be like “you are a wicked witch,” or something along those lines XD I like writing imperfect characters too. I think writing a perfect person would be kind of boring, and even kind of hard because they can’t have a single flaw in anything they say and do. But flawed and issue-ridden characters are the best LOL. I can understand that.

True that (I don’t know why they’re all the same XD).

Haha thanks! 🙂 That sounds like a fun thing to incorporate in characters and their personalities.

Ooo, I’ll have to try out those outline sheets and organizational things and whatnot. Really what I’m doing right now is taping index cards on my wall with bullet points for the main things that are going to happen in each chapter and important characters that are introduced. I think that works okay, but then I get stuck trying to smoothly write out the chapter including all my bullet points. So I too get stuck a lot XD Thanks for the suggestions and recommendations!

This is gonna sound bad, but I don’t know what “pantsing” is, so I think I prefer plotting XD The plotting is really all I do on the index cards and in my head. Then it’s like a 50/50 chance I’ll actually keep it once I start writing it out LOL.

~ Ally Renee

Lona
    @lonathecat

@ally-renee

Ahh sorry for the late reply! I am back now. 😛

Haha that is a great story. Speaking of nicknames, is Lizzie one you like? You could come up with quite a few from Elizabeth if were wanting a little name variety.

Oh yes lol. Leave it to siblings to give you the “best” nicknames. My sister came up with Jenny McDenny and I was just like, “Really?”. XD

Haha yep! And then we have two and a half weeks to put our brains back together before more school. Such a good system. (Though I have almost escaped it. One midterm left and then I am freeeeee. 😛 )

Oh, well that works out splendidly, doesn’t it? 😀

Ally Renee
    @ally-renee

@lonathecat

You’re alive! XD 😉 No worries about the late reply, I totally understand.

It’s true, I could. Though that might confuse my friends and family if people started calling me Lizzie, LOL. Or I guess people could call me Renee or Ren, to change things up XD Oh well 😛

Ah yes, siblings make…. nicknames XD I love my brothers, but some of the names they come up with for me are just priceless, LOL. Some of them don’t make any sense XD I think I’ve been called Clover (which isn’t the worst thing they’ve called me), Car-Mom, Totters, The Family Hobo, etc etc XD

Oh yay, freeeedoooomm 😛 XD I just have one more week left and then I too shall be free. It’s a very interesting system, LOL.

I hope this is not an awkward question, but do you and your family celebrate Christmas? If so, are you excited for the holidays? You know, other than the freedom part XD 😉

Yes, indeed it does work out splendidly 😀 I almost have the first draft finished, and I will try to find a way to get it to you soon!

~ Ally Renee

Lona
    @lonathecat

@ally-renee

Yes! XD I’m alive!

I was actually thinking something like that lol, because ever since you mentioned nicknames I have been trying to come up with nicknames that work for you. Have you heard of the name Renae? It’s pronounced Ren-A. So it’s kind of like your name backwards. The Ren from Renee and then the A from Ally. 😀

Oh my haha. Are you the oldest of your siblings? Middle? Youngest? I’m the oldest and get the job of making sure my two younger siblings don’t kill each other. 😛

You’re so close! Do you go to a public school or homeschool? (Homeschool as in the traditional meaning. Not the homeschool where people go to a public school but distance learn just because of COVID lol).

Haha, don’t worry, not an awkward question at all. Yes, my family does celebrate Christmas, and I am very excited for it! My family is going to form a bubble with some really good friends of ours and then spend the holidays quarantined with them. 🙂

Do you have any Christmas plans? Or holiday plans in general? 🙂

Cool! I look forward to it. 😀

Ally Renee
    @ally-renee

@lonathecat

Hooray for living, LOL XD

You know, the funny thing is, my name is actually already pronounced Ren-A XD I think it’s French, but I don’t have the accent that I believe is normally over like the second E. But I like that though; it’s very creative 🙂

I too am the oldest child, and I also make sure my two younger brothers don’t kill each other XD They’re not that bad though; I mean, they haven’t burned our house down yet, so I think that’s a plus 😛

So close to freedom I can taste it XD I am one of the original, traditional homeschoolers, LOL. I’ve been homeschooling since I started 2nd grade. So I wasn’t really affected by COVID except that now it was mandated that I stay at home XD Although, it did affect my church, so that was different and sad, but we’re good now 😉 What about you? 🙂

That sounds so fun! Our Christmas plans are pretty much staying at home. We don’t usually travel for Christmas, and normally we have our family come up to our house to visit and stay for a while, but with all that’s happened, we aren’t entirely sure who all is coming or not, but they have all been invited. My youth group is having a Christmas party next Sunday, so that’s exciting, and my church is having an “Eve of Christmas Eve” service (we would normally have a regular Christmas Eve service, but we, um, don’t have our own building, so another church is letting us use their’s whenever they aren’t XD). So pretty much for me, it’s staying at home on Christmas in my yoga pants, hoodie, and tall fuzzy socks XD

Aww, thanks! I hope it doesn’t disappoint, LOL. I will gladly take any and all corrections and suggestions you may have 🙂

~ Ally Renee

Lona
    @lonathecat

@ally-renee

Oh wow. *facepalm* XD. I’ve been pronouncing Renee wrong in my head this whole time. My apologies!

Yes, unburnt houses are always points in our favor. 😛

Surprisingly, the closest my siblings and I have come to burning the house down was actually my fault lol.(Though our house is cement, so tis more a figure of speech than actually burning it down. Anyways. 😛 ) I was making toast in a super old( like around 20-30 years old, not kidding) toaster. So, the toaster catches fire, ruins my toast, and then is promptly thrown out the back door where it sits until its flames die out. Rest in peace, toaster. And rest in peace my toast.

Nice! So am I! Yeah, I agree the main thing it affected for my family was church. And shopping. We used to just walk to the store whenever we needed something, but now we go like once or twice a month and just stockpile for that month lol. Sometimes it feels like we’re playing ninja. Just hiding at our home base and sneaking out only for very important missions. XD

Oh, that sounds fun! I hope some of your family can come. 😀  The youth group thing sounds fun, too! Do you dress up Christmas-y for it? My youth group is also doing a Christmas party, but virtually. Not sure how that’s going to work out, but it will be interesting. XD

Yoga pants and fuzzy socks are the best lol. Though, I live close to the equator, and it’s like 80-90F year round, so my one pair of fuzzy socks just sit at the bottom of my sock drawer. Is it cold enough where you are to get snow?

😀

Ally Renee
    @ally-renee

@lonathecat

You’re totally fine! No apologies needed 🙂

Oh wow LOL. How was that toaster even still functioning (other than catching itself on fire XD)? RIP toaster and the toast it murdered XD That’s so funny though, LOL. Good job not burning down your cement house 😉

Another homeschooler! I have found another one of us, LOL. That’s so true, though; every time we have to go out, it’s like super-secret-stealth-mode 😛 Although, things are starting to open up out here where I’m at, so we’re all celebrating XD But before then it was like “can I even step foot outside to our front lawn?” LOL.

Thanks! I hope they come up too, but if not, I’m sure we will resort to Zoom 🙂 Haha, no we don’t really (unless some people just really have an urge to do so, then we will not forbid them LOL). The most dressing up I will do is a solid red cable-knit sweater 😛 We do have a small gift-exchange game that’s almost like white elephant, but not with ridiculous gifts XD Interesting, a virtual party… well I bet it will be entertaining, if anything XD 😉

Oh man, those temperatures are a bummer :/ I would probably still wear my fuzzy socks anyways XD There’s actually a huge joke where I’m at that our weather never stays consistent and always does the unexpected, LOL. It has snowed this month, but not enough to stick around for a few days. So I guess, yes it is cold enough to get snow, but we don’t always get it, LOL

Do you have a favorite Christmas song? That was so random, but I thought I should ask a question XD 😉

Ok, are we the same person but with different families? XD Homeschoolers, oldest child, mishaps with our names and whatnot, yoga pants and fuzzy socks, etc. LOL. I am convinced we are 😉

~ Ally Renee

Lona
    @lonathecat

@ally-renee

Haha ok. 😛

No idea how the toaster survived that long. It was in a little apartment that my family was renting temporarily, and most of the furniture/appliances were pretty old. Old stuff is pretty fun though. XD

What’s your favorite thing to put on toast? (If you like toast lol)

Yay! We homeschoolers must join forces 😛 . Oh that’s awesome! Glad you don’t have to do total stealth mode anymore. I think I’ll be stuck in it for awhile… Guess I just get to improve my ninja skills. XD Is there a certain restaurant or store that you’re looking forward to see open?

Sounds fun! And haha sure that counts as dressing up. 😛 Ooh white elephants are cool! At least from what I’ve heard lol. I’ve only ever done one, and that was when I was 5. Accordingly, I remember very little. 😛

I admire your loyalty to the fuzzy socks XD.

Cool! Do you have a favorite thing to do in the snow? (When the snow sticks around)

I really like Hark the Harold Angels Sing for some reason haha. I don’t know a lot of more modern Christmas songs. How about you? (Don’t worry about randomness; I am known in my friend group for being the random rambles person.  😉 )

Right?? XD And we each have two younger siblings! Obviously there is no other explanation. 😛

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 97 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Story Embers

Pin It on Pinterest