fb

Hello all!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 97 total)
  • Author
    Ally Renee
    @ally-renee

Hello fellow Story Ember writers! My name is Ally Renee, and I am so excited to join this site! I have been writing for about 2 years, and hope to get some novels published in the future. I am currently working on a book series that I am calling Elemental, which I have been plotting for at least a year. It is supposed to be a fictional story about “supernaturals,” if you will. I know that sounds super cliche 😉 I can share the overall plot of the first book with anyone who desires to know more 😉

I am also working on a trilogy of short(ish) stories that maybe I can get out on this site once it is finished! If they actually turn out well I may try to get them published as a book. They are inspired by a group of challenges that I have partaken in with my writing club! If anyone knows how (or if) you can get stories and such posted on this website, could you please let me know? I am fairly new and not tech-savvy so I don’t know how to yet 🙂

I can’t wait to (hopefully) get to know you all soon! I hope my “introduction” wasn’t a drag 😉

~Ally Renee 🙂

"Strength and dignity are her clothing, and she smiles at the future." ~ Proverbs 31:25

Zee
    @zee

Welcome, @ally-renee! It’s nice to have you here.

Ally Renee
    @ally-renee

Thanks, @zee! Happy to be here!

"Strength and dignity are her clothing, and she smiles at the future." ~ Proverbs 31:25

Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

@ally-renee

Hi Ally!

I love your profile picture, it’s really pretty!

Your story sounds really interesting! Do you have a summary? I’d love to know more about it!

Nice to meet you!

"Stories are light. Light is precious in a world so dark." The Tale of Despereaux

Ally Renee
    @ally-renee

@rose-colored-fancy

Hi, Rose! Thanks, I’m happy that you like my pfp! I designed it to look like the main character of my first Elemental book, Penelope (but I mostly refer to her as Penny). Sure, I can give you a quick summary! 😀

<i>In the wide world of Belrac, which is essentially Earth but more fantasy-like, there is a kingdom, Alonda, whose citizens are born with “supernatural” powers (that’s why Penny’s eyes are orange). They call themselves Elementals. In another kingdom called Maivin, King Mordred, who was already on a quest for absolute power, catches wind of the Elementals and wants to dispose of them. Over the course of a year, he has his mage create a vast variety of beasts strong enough to eliminate the Elementals. Mordred also has his mage grant him immortality, because he thought that an all-powerful king should live forever. Long story short, he sets an attack on Alonda, and he thinks he kills all of them, but many fled to a distant kingdom to seek refuge.</i>

<i>Many years later, the story focuses on Penny and her older brother, Alexander, who live in hiding with their mother, Rebecca, who, by the way, is not an Elemental (that fact is a major key in the story, but I won’t go too far into it 😉 ). The story follows Penny and Alex as they discover who they really are (again, I won’t go too far into that, it’s kind of a spoiler, LOL), and as they find more Elementals who are planning to fight against Mordred and his monsters.</i>

I hope that this helps explain the main gist of my first Elemental book! I can of course give you more details if I made anything confusing (I tend to do that a lot, LOL).

Sorry, this was a longer than I expected :/ Congrats for reading all the way through it, LOL! It’s nice to meet you! ~Ally Renee

Wingiby Iggiby
    @wingiby-iggiby

@ally-renee

Howdy, and nice to meet you! Your book sounds so cool, and I hope you can get your stories published! 😀 See you around! ~ Wingiby Iggiby

I light the arrow, pull the bow,
    Shoot that fire right through my soul.

Ally Renee
    @ally-renee

@wingiby-iggiby

Hi there! It’s nice to meet you too! 😀 Aww, thanks! I glad you like the premise of my book! I hope it turns out well though, LOL 😉 I wish you luck on your projects as well! ~ Ally Renee

Lona
    @lonathecat

@ally-renee

Nice! Another Ally! I’m Allie, though my Story Embers username is Lona. (Which is named after a cat from a book. 🙂 ). Feel free to call me either one.

Hm tech stuff, I can’t help ya there. My tech skills are not impressive, to say the least.

Though, what I can help with, if you have any drafts or needs of beta readers for any of your stories, then I can do that! All of your stories sound really fun! 😀

Chelsea R.H.
    @seekjustice

@ally-renee

Hello! How are you? My name is Chelsea/SeekJustice and it’s great to have you here! who are some of your favourite authors/books?

Mahalo keia huiʻana

Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

@ally-renee

Hi Ally!

That sounds really interesting! Your idea is really original, and it sounds like you put a lot of trouble into working it out! I love the names, they feel really original. How did you come up with them?

(Don’t worry, it’s perfectly clear😊)

Did you draw your profile picture? Penny is really pretty!

"Stories are light. Light is precious in a world so dark." The Tale of Despereaux

Ally Renee
    @ally-renee

@lonathecat

Hello fellow Allie! Is Allie a nickname for, like, Allison or are you just Allie? I am just a boring, plain-old Ally, LOL.

Don’t worry, my tech skills are not impressive either; I have to keep asking other members of my family who are more technologically inclined for help whenever I have troubles. 😉

Aww, thanks for offering to help me with reading over some of my drafts! I am almost finished with the first part of my “From Another Planet” story (I have not described that one on this forum, but it’s in my profile), so if I theoretically were to want you to help critique it, what would be the best way for you? Theoretically, of course 😉

Thanks! ~ Ally Renee

Ally Renee
    @ally-renee

@seekjustice

Hi, Chelsea! I am doing really well, thanks for asking! How are you today? It’s great to be here on Story Embers! Everyone has been so nice here :). Some of my favorite books and authors (other than the Bible ;)) are “Redeeming Love” by Francine Rivers, the entire “Green Ember” series by S.D. Smith, “The Wingfeather Saga” by Andrew Peterson, and the “Hunger Games” series by Susanna Collins. What are yours? 🙂

~ Ally Renee

Ally Renee
    @ally-renee

@rose-colored-fancy

Hello again, Rose!

Aww, thanks! I’m glad that you like the story concept! And that I didn’t confuse you too much 😉

Ahaha, so the names I just came up with on the fly. I have six other main characters along with Alex and Penny, three of them are girls and the other three are guys. As I was creating the general idea of the story, I blanked on names for a while, except for Alexander (which was a guy name I knew I liked) and Penelope (which sounds unique since I don’t hear it a lot nowadays). I honestly struggle with boy names more than I do girl names; my three other guy names are Chad, Kevin, and Daniel (but I 98% of the time call him Danny), which I feel like are okay names, but I could not think of other names for the life of me. I’m glad that you like Alex and Penny’s names, though! 🙂 I did look up the names of all my main characters, and for the most part they line up with their owner’s personality (except for Penelope, which means “weaver” LOL), so I keep them.

Some of the names of characters that I made for one of the sequel books have more meaning than the original 8’s, and I spent more time on them than I did on Penny, Alex, and the rest of the gang.

Uhhh, no, I did not draw my profile picture, but I have this app on my phone called Recolor that I used to color the girl in the picture to look like Penny. I am not very talented at art 😉 Thanks, I think Penny is pretty too! Though, I may be just a teensy bit biased since I created her, LOL. The artist that created the picture that I used for Penny is ClivenZu, which I searched for on Google.

What are you working on in writing, if you don’t mind my asking? 🙂 And did you draw your profile picture? It looks really cool!

~ Ally Renee

Ally Renee
    @ally-renee

@rose-colored-fancy

I just realized that you may have been talking about my kingdoms’, Belrac’s and Mordred’s names instead of the literal English names… *facepalm* I’m so dumb 😛 Just in case you wanted to know about those names, here you are ;). When I was younger and just beginning in writing, the first villain-y name I wrote was Mordred, which I thought sounded fitting since it sounds like “more dread.” So I just kept the name because why not. For the kingdoms and Belrac, I literally just go through a process of thinking through sounds that sound almost like a word and use that as a fantasy name.

So if you were really talking about the fantasy names instead of the names that actually exist, just disregard the long message above about my struggles for human names XD

~ Ally Thurmond

Lona
    @lonathecat

@ally-renee

Nah, Allie is just a nickname. Personally, though, I think Ally is a pretty great name. Not boring at all. 😀
    Lol same! My brother, who is younger by two years, is over at his desk coding java while I’m here struggling to get my pictures off of google drive. At least he’s great tech support. 😛

Ooh cool! Just the title is intriguing.

Well, in this theoretical, I would be up for doing whatever is easiest for you. I could give you my email and you could send me a document file (I assume this is a doc file?) through email or you could send me a google docs link over Story Embers or some other way that I’m not thinking of. Then I could keep a doc of my critiques, or if it were a google doc, use the comments to critique. But again, whatever you’re most comfortable with would work for me. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 97 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Story Embers

Pin It on Pinterest