Hello again!

This topic contains 35 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Evelyn 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author

Caleb E. King
    @caleb-e-king

Heeeyyyy everyone! *waves*

I was on Story Embers a while back, but then I got super busy and pretty stressed and so I haven’t been active like, at all on Story Embers for a long time. But now I think I may want to try to get back on the forum and be active again!

So hi. I’m Caleb. You may remember me, you may not. I’m 15, a writer (obviously), an artist, a bookworm…a lot of things. I’m a Christian and have been homeschooled my entire life. Some of my favorite books are The Hobbit, Lord of the Rings, The Chronicles Of Narnia, and Ranger’s Apprentice, among many many other fantasy books. Yes, I love fantasy, reading and writing it. 🙂

I’m happy to be getting back on Story Embers and I hope that I can actually be active!

Young Writer. Crazy Reader. Happy Cartoonist. Author of www.calebeking.com
    Proud Meerkat!

Naiya Dyani
    @naiya-dyani

@caleb-e-king Heya! I’m new to the forums and am trying to be active on them myself in the midst of my insane schedule (*ignores the math book sitting under the computer*) (yes, I’m homeschooled too).

Hooray for fantasy! Have you read the Wingfeather Saga? If you haven’t, I totally recommend it. Those four books sucked both my dad and me in right from the start!

Hearts are like matter--they can be beaten down, torn, and burned, but they cannot be destroyed.

Caleb E. King
      @caleb-e-king

@naiya-dyani

Hi! XD yay for homeschooling!

Yeah!! I’ve read The Wingfeather Saga! It’s awesome!

Proud Meerkat!

Naiya Dyani
      @naiya-dyani

@caleb-e-king Homeschooling is a beautiful thing (except when you miss out on snow days 🙁 )!

I heard Andrew Peterson (Wingfeather Saga, if you’re like me and sometimes forget about the author XD) is coming out with a book on storytelling/songwriting/etc. soon–I think it’s called Adorning the Dark. I can’t wait to read it. Have you listened to any of his music? It’s really good! His Resurrection Letters Volume I gives me shivers when I listen to it–especially after the prologue 😀 .

Hearts are like matter--they can be beaten down, torn, and burned, but they cannot be destroyed.

Caleb E. King
        @caleb-e-king

@naiya-dyani

Haha yep, no snow days for us. XD

Yeah, I heard he was coming out with another book!

I haven’t actually listened to his music myself, but I’ve heard some songs when my mom is listening to it. 😛

Proud Meerkat!

Evelyn
        @evelyn

@caleb-e-king Eyy, welcome back!

I didn’t realize you like Ranger’s Apprentice. Someone introduced me to book one and for the next month I basically lived at the library. I never got to read one of them though… it was missing.

The Hobbit. The Lord of the Rings. Narnia. All awesome. I approve of your choices. 😉

How’s writing? Are you working on any project right now?

Evelyn
        @evelyn

@naiya-dyani Yes! Andrew Peterson’s new books is absolutely amazing. It is by far my favorite book by him. It’s soooo good.

Naiya Dyani
        @naiya-dyani

@evelyn AHHH IT’S OUT ALREADY??? I thought it was another month or so until it was available! *shoves books aside on her shelf to make room for one more*

Evelyn
          @evelyn

@naiya-dyani Well, I pre-ordered, but I’m pretty sure it’s out. It’s amazing!! Go read it right now. You will thank me. 😉

Caleb E. King
          @caleb-e-king

@evelyn Hi!

Yes Ranger’s Apprentice is one of my favorite series ever!! I only read all of them a little while ago, so it’s a fairly new fandom for me. XD

Yuus fantasy stories forever!!

Its going pretty well! I’m working on the first book in a series, called Raid of the Krames. I just finished the second draft not to long ago. 🙂

Proud Meerkat!

Emberynus The Dragonslayer
          @emberynus-the-dragonslayer

@caleb-e-king Hi! 🙂 *waves* I’m Rebecca, better known as, Emberynus The Dragonslayer, or if you prefer, some people call me Becky.  I am also 15, and have been homeschooled all my life!! I too love to read and right. But, *feels really out of place* I have never read any of those books. *hides face in shame and runs away to a corner* I want to eventually read Narnia though.

You said you were an artist. What type of art do you do most? I draw some, but I wouldn’t consider myself an artist.

Do you like music?

You can't live for long living for nothing-Hector Griffin

Caleb E. King
          @caleb-e-king

@emberynus-the-dragonslayer

Greetings, dragon slayer! *bows*

*gasps* you’ve never read LotR? Chronicles of Narnia? THE HOBBIT?? Oh dear oh dear! Get reading! XD

Yep I’m an artist! I make comic books. Write them, draw them, color them. Mostly I do drawing though, pencil and ink.

Do I like music? I love it! I don’t make it, (I used to play the guitar but alas, no more) but I listen to music a lot!

Proud Meerkat!

Naiya Dyani
          @naiya-dyani

@emberynus-the-dragonslayer Hey, you’re not alone! I’ve been planning on reading Narnia and LotR for a while, but then life happened 😛 . If we must be shamed, we shall be shamed together.

(I did, however, check my library for the first Ranger’s Apprentice after both Caleb and Evelyn said they liked it and. . . looks like I’ve successfully found yet another potential distraction from school. 😀 )

Evelyn
            @evelyn

@caleb-e-king They are sooo fun. I can still remember getting the first one and not being able to put it down all day.

Wow, I miss those moments. 😛

@naiya-dyani Yes yes yes. Read it! They’re awesome! 😀

@caleb-e-king You finished your second draft? That’s great! Congratulations! I just finished my first draft of my WIP. Any tips on working on a second draft? How did you do it?

Caleb E. King
            @caleb-e-king

@naiya-dyani YAAAY! Rangers Apprentice is awesome!

@evelyn yes! I’ve read the first RA probably five times and it only takes a couple days. XD

Thanks! Tips…well, what I did was a little odd, not everyone does it, but I basically wrote down everything I wanted to change about the first draft, and rewrote the book from scratch. I did however copy and paste some paragraphs from the first draft if I liked them. You may want to do that, you may not.

Proud Meerkat!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest