fb

Hello!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    Germaine Han
    @germaine-han

Hi, I’m Germaine!

I joined Story Embers about one to two weeks ago, and I kinda sorta forgot to introduce myself *guilty smile*

I’m super excited to get to know you all and get more involved in this community, and I hope to see you around! 🙂

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

Hey @evelyn, @scribbles, @brandon-miller, @jane-maree, @deaus-lamb, @anne-of-lothlorien, @skye, and @ericawordsmith

Let’s give @germaine-han a big welcome!!

Hey there! My name is Wordsmith… Or at least that’s what they call me. I’m a writer of short stories and author of one novella (far from publishable  😄). I play a little music and will sketch a drawing every now and then.

What about you?

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by Buddy J..

Published author, reader of many books, Student in writing, and Lumenite!

Germaine Han
    @germaine-han

Thanks, @wordsmith !

I’ve been working on a novel for a while now, I’m not actually sure what genre it is yet – it’s a bit hard to pinpoint XD

I do a little bit of art every now and then, and I enjoy reading quality fiction 😀

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@germaine-han

Cool!

I very much enjoy reading quality fiction, and one of my biggest goals is to add to what is out there. It’s a process that takes time and growth. But it’s a really fun and maybe even beautiful process.

I am the fifth of seven in my family. Do you have siblings?

EricaWordsmith
    @ericawordsmith

@wordsmith!!! Why hast thou pulled me from my peaceful (or not so peaceful) hole of hibernation?? Thou knowest that I am on hiatus, and am blissfully unaware of what is happening on Story Embers??? Well *sigh* I’m here, and must welcome our new cohort with warmth and condolences of what horrors our new friend must now endure. Just teasing!!

Welcome and Mae Govannen, @germaine-han!!! I must ask, are you of German heritage?? I have more than a drop of German blood in me, so I just had to ask!!!

Oh, and yes I add to the question of siblings, I’m the OLDEST of seven. That makes a total of nine in our family, so my brother and I finally decided to speculate who was who if we paired the fellowship of the Ring to each family member. I’m told that I look like an elf (being 5.9 and 3/4 inches does the trick, plus I have elvish hair and often style it to BE elvish, so I get told that I look like an elf from time to time), but I got pinned as Pippin, and my brother and partner in crime who did the pairing with me was Merry, and yes he does try to keep me out of trouble… Wow, I need to stop rambling about family happenstances and all. Family and LOTR, don’t get me started or I will be talking for a very long time!!

And quality books!!!!! There is another one!!!! I’m into Tolkien, Lewis, Rachel Starr Thomson, H. Rider Haggard, and more recently, Douglas Bond. If you like historical fiction, I highly, highly, highly recommend you read the last two if you haven’t already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pearl Maiden is my favorite by Haggard, the Centennial edition to be exact, as the editors fixed some historical problems, and go pick up any Douglas Bond books, they’re all awesome from what I’ve read so far!!!! And yes, I too hope to be adding to quality books, they’re so rare… As in compared to everything else that’s published thanks to free online publishing. And the evil stuff that’s published and glorified.

Alright, that’s enough!!! I had better slink back off to my hobbit hole until @wordsmith makes me come back out of it again. I HAVE NO TIME FOR ADVENTURES!!!!!

And I forgot my handkerchief.

Tek an ohta! Tek an cala!

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@ericawordsmith

*wonders how many times he can make her come back out…**…replies.*

Mrs. @ericawordsmith, it’s so encouraging to hear from you again! Shall we go on an adventure, greeting all the new peoples of Story Embers? We can strut about, starting debates all over!

EricaWordsmith
    @ericawordsmith

@wordsmith

I really should be stubborn, stubborn and cross my arms and say I really, really, really don’t want to go on any adventures no matter how many dwarves or @wordsmith of any variation at all are knocking on my door…

No, I am not going to strut about Story Embers starting debates, it sounds like a bad idea, and I have NO TIME TO DO IT!!! I really must run back and get my handkerchief, I left it in the hobbit hole, and I’ve got a dreadful allergy to nothing in particular.

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@ericawordsmith

Oh! But as a gentleman I give you mine! 😉

Wouldn’t it be so fun!? (Also remember what happened to the last Hobbit that tried to deny adventure…)

EricaWordsmith
    @ericawordsmith

@wordsmith

Oh dear, it’s hardly clean is it?? I really must run back and get mine, I wash it with lavender essential oils, which have sometimes been called the Witch Doctor Cure, so it’s remarkable, and irreplaceable.

And the last hobbit who tried came back quite peculiar, and… unlike his former Baggins self!!! It’s hardly safe to walk out of your front door and onto the road, if you don’t watch your feet, you never know where it might take you!!!

O.K. Try again next week, I really do need to be taking a hiatus this week, BUT come up with something interesting and writerly to talk about next week and I might be forced out of my hobbit hole. 😉

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@ericawordsmith

Lol XD

Okay! Will do.

Anne of Lothlorien
    @anne-of-lothlorien

@germaine-han – Welcome and thrice welcome! *bows and flips her braided hair over her shoulder* You have just introduced yourself to one of the best places on the internet. Seriously. No joke.

I am a humble adopted sister-elf who lives in Rivendell and time travels sporadically. Do you do anything interesting or out of the ordinary, beyond writing? 😀 I love books, (duh) and all my peoples here and archery and swimming and green things and roller coasters and a bunch of stuff. What do you like besides writing?

@wordsmith
    @ericawordsmith You both remember where your pocket handkerchiefs are? I haven’t owned on in years. I think I lost mine back in the nineteenth century…

I'm short, I like words, and I love people.
    No, I didn't draw my profile pic.

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

P.S. (don’t feel the need to reply) I never use my handkerchief (so it’s clean), and I would be more than happy to wash it in lavender (Hooray for Witch Doctor Cure). Also… if that doesn’t work, I will be even more gentlemanly and go get it so you don’t have to.

EricaWordsmith
    @ericawordsmith

*Opens the window*

SHH!!!! You’re very kind @wordsmith, very kind, but you’re stepping in the elephant ears and my poor merry golds are all but trampled!!!

*shuts window and sits in the pantry with a cup of tea ignoring any more noise*

Anne of Lothlorien
    @anne-of-lothlorien

@germaine-han Well, actually I live in Lothlorien, but I’m in Rivendell currently. I bounce around a lot. XD

@wordsmith
    @ericawordsmith Um, what is Witch Doctor Cure? It sounds… ominous…

I'm short, I like words, and I love people.
    No, I didn't draw my profile pic.

EricaWordsmith
    @ericawordsmith

@wordsmith @anne-of-lothlorien

O.K. after this, I am putting cotton in my ears… But the witch doctor cure sounds so ominous, and I’m the one who started it, so…

I walked across a blisteringly hot brick pavement at camp this summer… And the balls of my feet were just that. Blistered. So as I was limping around camp, one of the camp counsellors noticed and asked if I needed something for my feet. I said no, I had used lavender essential oils, but he told me that I was using the witch doctor cure and needed something made by a scientist. So, he didn’t listen to me about not needing help, went and got some sort of medicine and Duck Dynasty band-aids. So, from now on essential oils have been labeled the Witch Doctor cure…

*Putting cotton in my ears now*

I bid you all a very fond farewell (and y’all know what that means!)

I disappear

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 53 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest