fb

Hello

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

@noah-cochran

Tradition.

TRADITIONNN!!! Tradition! XD

I have no idea how you know every musical anyone mentions but it’s downright impressive at this point.

@mamaauthoress

Oh wow, this is a lot of replies to get to! Give me a few seconds.

You’re popular 🙂

Also, your poem is so beautiful!! I absolutely love it! <3

Clean content is the best content. No need to foul the gift of music with obscenity or cursing.
    I believe your dislike is higher than mine! *claps*

Yes, absolutely! I can actually tolerate rap occasionally XD For a while I listened to a LOT of TobyMac and he often uses it for bridges and it just works somehow. I don’t think I could listen to a full rap song though XD

(Also, that’s how it goes here, everyone is always interrupting! XD)

If your neighbours hate you, that’s on them. Singers must belt in the fields.

Yes, absolutely required.

I’m just going to say that you sound amazing. I’d love to get to know you more.

Oh, goodness, thank you! I have no idea what I did to deserve that but that’s incredibly sweet of you to say! XD

Hmmm … probably the part where Rúan states that he wishes the enemy’s mother to grow a donkey tail.
    My sweet cinnamon roll loves his little insults.

I love nothing more than sassy, insulting characters! My MC is the most sarcastic brat imaginable and I love her with my heart and soul even though she lives to ruin my plot and laugh at the idea that I have any kind of control over her.

Pretty much anything I’m into at the moment (which is a lot XD)

LOL, know that feeling XD

They ride at a stable. We don’t own any horses.

Cool! I rode at stables for a really long time! My pony is a retired school pony, she’s a bombproof sweetheart. (However, she’s ancient and she’s completely retired. I also outgrew her, so she deserves a happy old age 🙂 )

*is intrigued*

It’s the coolest!!

For bands, I love Owl City, Coldplay, Simon & Garfunkel, and Plain White T’s.
    My favourite musicals? Newsies, Les Misérables, The Phantom of the Opera, and The Greatest Showman.

That’s awesome!! I love Owl City too!! I only know one or two songs of the others XD I LOVE Scarborough fair, it suits one of my characters perfectly and I’ve listened to it a million times and learned to play it eventually XD

Disgrace on me, I haven’t seen any of those musicals, though I know of them XD

Without darkness, there is no light. If there was no nighttime, would the stars be as bright?

Laura K. Abeid
    @mamaauthoress

You’re popular 🙂

Wow, that term has never been applied to me before. 😅

Also, your poem is so beautiful!! I absolutely love it! <3

Thank you so much! I’m glad you like it. 😊

Yes, absolutely! I can actually tolerate rap occasionally XD For a while I listened to a LOT of TobyMac and he often uses it for bridges and it just works somehow. I don’t think I could listen to a full rap song though XD

I respect that — people have different tastes.
    Though I don’t generally like rap, there’s a few songs by Will Smith that I’ll tolerate. (:

Oh, goodness, thank you! I have no idea what I did to deserve that but that’s incredibly sweet of you to say! XD

You don’t deserve to be called amazing — it’s something that comes with you when you enter this world. Everyone is inherently amazing, even if the things they do aren’t so great. 🙂

I love nothing more than sassy, insulting characters! My MC is the most sarcastic brat imaginable and I love her with my heart and soul even though she lives to ruin my plot and laugh at the idea that I have any kind of control over her.

Ohhohoho, yes, the incorrigibly clever, rude, and sassy brats are some of my favourites. Rúan’s the kind of character that — when hugged by his adoring Mama Authoress — would either just take it with an unamused face and stink eye, or probably scowl and squirm. 🥰

*insert image of Tangled‘s Rapunzel fawning over her unamused pet chameleon*

Cool! I rode at stables for a really long time! My pony is a retired school pony, she’s a bombproof sweetheart. (However, she’s ancient and she’s completely retired. I also outgrew her, so she deserves a happy old age 🙂 )

Nice!
    Ponies are the darndest little things — ask my sister who rides one. 😆

That’s awesome!! I love Owl City too!! I only know one or two songs of the others XD I LOVE Scarborough fair, it suits one of my characters perfectly and I’ve listened to it a million times and learned to play it eventually XD

Ooooo another Owl City fan! What is your favourite song by him?
    And I love Scarborough Fair!! It’s so … beautifully haunting. Like a Scottish lullaby.

I am broken. I am bleeding .... But I am beautiful.

Noah Cochran
    @noah-cochran

@mamaauthoress

I love “movie songs”! I’ll recite every line from any Greatest Showman song if you want me to.

Yes! Another lover of those fantastic songs! What are your top three favorites?

If your neighbours hate you, that’s on them. Singers must belt in the fields.

I appear to have met a like-minded thinker. 🙂

You … you hit a heartstring right there … *is speechless with respect*

*bows gracefully*

I never miss.

I love Owl City, Coldplay, Simon & Garfunkel

Have you heard Bridge Over Troubled Water by S&G?

@rose-colored-fancy

I have no idea how you know every musical anyone mentions but it’s downright impressive at this point.

Why thank you. 😄

Truth is though, I haven’t watch like any of these (though I have seen Fiddler on the Roof, me and my mom watched that a while back, no one else was interested except us xD), I just love the songs.

Oh, and Scarborough Fair is easily in my top 5 folk songs. Such an amazing song to listen to while writing. In other words, Laura and Rose, both of y’all’s taste in music has my approval. 😉

Laura K. Abeid
    @mamaauthoress

Yes! Another lover of those fantastic songs! What are your top three favorites?

Of Greatest Showman? Probably “Tightrope,” “From Now On,” and “The Greatest Show.”
    I’ll belt all of those happily, audience or no. (Though I may have to transpose “From Now On” up a few notches so it can fit my range as an alto 😅)

I appear to have met a like-minded thinker. 🙂

As have I. 😁

*bows gracefully*

I never miss.

Ah, suave you are indeed, sir. 😊 I am very glad to have met you. (:

Have you heard Bridge Over Troubled Water by S&G?

Ohh … that is arguably my favourite song of theirs. It’s in a nice range too, so I can sing it easily. My father and I love to duet to it. 😊

Oh, and Scarborough Fair is easily in my top 5 folk songs. Such an amazing song to listen to while writing. In other words, Laura and Rose, both of y’all’s taste in music has my approval. 😉

Stole the words right out of my mouth. 😊
    (“Scarborough Fair” will put me to sleep, it’s so relaxing and haunting)

calidris
    @calidris

@mamaauthoress oh gosh, I think probably Gandalf for me.  I think I’ve come to appreciate him a lot more as I’ve gotten older and re-read the books, but honestly it’s so hard to pick favorietes!  Eowyn is another favorite of mine, and I love Aragorn too.  I really love all of the main cast tbh, but I really really dislike Gollum.

I love drawing my own characters!

Aww that’s great!  I would love to see some of your art sometime, if you’re alright with it.  I used to really like drawing my own characters, but I got kind of burnt out with it, so I’ve mainly been doing fanart instead.  It’s been a really great source of inspiration, and has also motivated me to work on skills that I wouldn’t have if I was just drawing portraits of my own characters.

For bands, I love Owl City, Coldplay, Simon & Garfunkel, and Plain White T’s. My favourite musicals? Newsies, Les Misérables, The Phantom of the Opera, and The Greatest Showman.

I used to really like Owl City but I think it’s been well over a year since I’ve listened to his music!  It’s so creative, though, and it has such a nice sound.  I’ve heard great things about a bunch of those musicals, but I’ve never actually seen any of them.  I want to start watching musicals someday, though.  Do you have any recommendations?  I know I need to watch the The Greatest Showman someday, and a lot of the other ones you mentioned are classics, right?

What is Haikyuu? I feel like I’ve heard it mentioned before?

Oh dear I apologize in advance…

Haikyuu is like the best series I’ve ever watched/read!  It’s a slice of life manga/anime about a high school volleyball team that wants to make it to nationals.  It sounds so simple and kinda boring, but it honestly blew my mind.  Like, it has hands down the best supporting cast I’ve ever seen in any media, it has the best character development I’ve ever seen any any media…It actually knocked LotR off of my “#1” spot just in the past three months it’s been since I started watching it!  And this is coming from someone who isn’t really interested in slice of life fiction and who hates watching sports.

And when I mean it has a good supporting cast I mean it has a good huge supporting cast – pretty much all of the opposing teams get character development and become supporting characters in their own right (which is terrible because then you have to watch them lose lol).  I highly recommend it, but it does have some swearing and a few questionable scenes.  Also, the fandom is terrible and gross, which is too bad because the show is pretty clean 🙁

*laughs as one fey*

Joshua Scheele
    @storysmith

@mamaauthoress

Hi Laura! Welcome aboard! I am also new too. I recently joined near the beginning of November.

I enjoy writing fantasy fiction, and I love mixing sub-genres of fantasy, like urban fantasy/comical fantasy, or dystopian fantasy/epic fantasy.

I am working on a rather large project a story that will cover dystopian, Sci-fi, and epic fantasy.

I also write a lot of poetry. A lot of poetry.

I am trying to learn poetry to use in my story. If you have any resources you would recommend to check out, I would appreciate it. I plan to use it for mysteries, tales, and songs in my story.

I’m also INFP on the Myers-Briggs type theory.

Most people say I am an INFJ but I lean more towards INFP.

I like Lord of the Rings by JRR Tolkien, Skyward and The Stormlight Archives by Brandon Sanderson, The Inheritance Cycle, by Christopher Paolini, Narnia by CS Lewis. My favorite is Redwall by Brian Jacques and is the one that I discovered how fun storytelling really is.

I often draw — actually, scratch that, I draw a lot. When I’m not writing, singing, listening to music, or doing the dishes, I’m drawing.

I used to draw a lot growing up but got rusty after I went to college. Now I trying to rekindle it and learn digital illustration so I can illustrate my world and characters. What do you like to draw?

A real hero remains accountable until the end.

Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

@mamaauthoress

Wow, that term has never been applied to me before.

LOL, same XD

I respect that — people have different tastes.
    Though I don’t generally like rap, there’s a few songs by Will Smith that I’ll tolerate. (:

Yeah, my taste changes all the time. XD It’s all over the place, I listen to lots of genres. I’d say my favorite artists that you haven’t mentioned are probably Imagine Dragons, Paper Kites, Oh Hello’s, Lindsey Stirling, For King and Country, and Juniper Vale. (I could keep listing but those are the top ones XD)

You don’t deserve to be called amazing — it’s something that comes with you when you enter this world. Everyone is inherently amazing, even if the things they do aren’t so great.

That’s very sweet of you, you’re amazing too 🙂

Ohhohoho, yes, the incorrigibly clever, rude, and sassy brats are some of my favourites. Rúan’s the kind of character that — when hugged by his adoring Mama Authoress — would either just take it with an unamused face and stink eye, or probably scowl and squirm.

Ohhh… yesss!!! Those are just the best!! Liorah would make a snappy comment or try to kick my shins. (She’s still mad at me for what I did for plot purposes.)

*insert image of Tangled‘s Rapunzel fawning over her unamused pet chameleon*

I spend too much time on the internet, I saw that gif. XD

Nice!
    Ponies are the darndest little things — ask my sister who rides one.

Goodness, they are!! And chestnut mare ponies are the worst XD. Though, arguably, my chestnut gelding who is not quite a pony but close is far, far worse. XD (I love him dearly but he’s a brat.)

Ooooo another Owl City fan! What is your favourite song by him?
    And I love Scarborough Fair!! It’s so … beautifully haunting. Like a Scottish lullaby.

I have a lot XD Lemme see, off the top of my head, Rainbow Veins, Fireflies (of course XD) Beautiful times, the Saltwater room, Technicolor phase, Bird with a broken wing, Gold, and Embers. (I can’t decide I love all of them XD) And you?

@noah-cochran

Why thank you.

Truth is though, I haven’t watch like any of these (though I have seen Fiddler on the Roof, me and my mom watched that a while back, no one else was interested except us xD), I just love the songs.

LOL, know that feeling! Fiddler on the Roof was a cinematic masterpiece though, imo XD I could quote every line from the movie. We watched it again the other day and “May God bless and keep the goverment far away from us” is probably one of the most quoted lines in our house XD

Oh, and Scarborough Fair is easily in my top 5 folk songs. Such an amazing song to listen to while writing. In other words, Laura and Rose, both of y’all’s taste in music has my approval.

It’s fantastic, I love it, I’ve found like ten renditions of it.

I’d say my favorite group for writing music is the Yamma ensemble. They’re really obscure but I stumbled on them while researching instruments for my setting. They still use the old acoustic instruments, (that would have been used in my setting) most of their music is Hebrew, Arabic, or Ladino folk songs, and they have the exact right feel for my book, so that’s fantastic. And since I can’t actually understand any of those languages, I don’t get distracted by the lyrics.

And movie soundtracks, of course XD

Without darkness, there is no light. If there was no nighttime, would the stars be as bright?

Laura K. Abeid
    @mamaauthoress

@caldiris

oh gosh, I think probably Gandalf for me.  I think I’ve come to appreciate him a lot more as I’ve gotten older and re-read the books, but honestly it’s so hard to pick favorietes!  Eowyn is another favorite of mine, and I love Aragorn too.  I really love all of the main cast tbh, but I really really dislike Gollum.

Ah, the good ol’ Gandalf! How could I have forgotten! And Éowyn! (I actually have a friend named Éowyn)
    I … well, don’t judge, but … I kind of like Gollum. His character arc is interesting, and I’ve never read a character like him, ever.

Aww that’s great!  I would love to see some of your art sometime, if you’re alright with it.  I used to really like drawing my own characters, but I got kind of burnt out with it, so I’ve mainly been doing fanart instead.  It’s been a really great source of inspiration, and has also motivated me to work on skills that I wouldn’t have if I was just drawing portraits of my own characters.

If there’s a way to post artwork and images, I’d be more than happy to do so!
    Oooo, fan art is fun, too! I have a few pieces of fan art somewhere …

I used to really like Owl City but I think it’s been well over a year since I’ve listened to his music!  It’s so creative, though, and it has such a nice sound.

Oh, you should get back into it! Owl City is such a comfort band for me.

I’ve heard great things about a bunch of those musicals, but I’ve never actually seen any of them.  I want to start watching musicals someday, though.  Do you have any recommendations?  I know I need to watch the The Greatest Showman someday, and a lot of the other ones you mentioned are classics, right?

Mmm, I’d definitely recommend Disney’s Broadway Newsies. The music, the dancing, the acting, the actors — it’s amazing! Then I’d have to say The Phantom of the Opera, which is more opera than regular music, but the soundtrack is awesome!

Oh dear I apologize in advance…

Haikyuu is like the best series I’ve ever watched/read!  It’s a slice of life manga/anime about a high school volleyball team that wants to make it to nationals.  It sounds so simple and kinda boring, but it honestly blew my mind.  Like, it has hands down the best supporting cast I’ve ever seen in any media, it has the best character development I’ve ever seen any any media…It actually knocked LotR off of my “#1” spot just in the past three months it’s been since I started watching it!  And this is coming from someone who isn’t really interested in slice of life fiction and who hates watching sports.

And when I mean it has a good supporting cast I mean it has a good huge supporting cast – pretty much all of the opposing teams get character development and become supporting characters in their own right (which is terrible because then you have to watch them lose lol).  I highly recommend it, but it does have some swearing and a few questionable scenes.  Also, the fandom is terrible and gross, which is too bad because the show is pretty clean 🙁

Ah … I see. Cool!

@storysmith

Hi Laura! Welcome aboard! I am also new too. I recently joined near the beginning of November.

Thank you! Ah, so nice to meet someone else who’s also relatively new! Welcome to you too. (:

I am working on a rather large project a story that will cover dystopian, Sci-fi, and epic fantasy.

Interesting mix! I’d like to read that someday. (:

I am trying to learn poetry to use in my story. If you have any resources you would recommend to check out, I would appreciate it. I plan to use it for mysteries, tales, and songs in my story.

Cool! So do I. (:
    Resources? … Hm, that would be hard. I don’t think I’ve ever used anything to learn poetry before … I guess I just watched and learned by reading poems from Emily Dickenson, Ralph Waldo Emerson, and Jesse Stuart.

Most people say I am an INFJ but I lean more towards INFP.

Ah, cool! My brother is INFJ. (:

I like Lord of the Rings by JRR Tolkien, Skyward and The Stormlight Archives by Brandon Sanderson, The Inheritance Cycle, by Christopher Paolini, Narnia by CS Lewis. My favorite is Redwall by Brian Jacques and is the one that I discovered how fun storytelling really is.

Oooo, another Inheritance Cycle lover! Kvetha, Joshua-vodhr!

I used to draw a lot growing up but got rusty after I went to college. Now I trying to rekindle it and learn digital illustration so I can illustrate my world and characters. What do you like to draw?

That’s great that you’re trying again! What do you enjoy drawing?
    I like to draw my characters mostly, or other people’s characters. People are my forte. (:

@rose-colored-fancy

Yeah, my taste changes all the time. XD It’s all over the place, I listen to lots of genres. I’d say my favorite artists that you haven’t mentioned are probably Imagine Dragons, Paper Kites, Oh Hello’s, Lindsey Stirling, For King and Country, and Juniper Vale. (I could keep listing but those are the top ones XD)

Interesting! I love For King and Country.

That’s very sweet of you, you’re amazing too 🙂

Ahw, thank you. ❤️

Ohhh… yesss!!! Those are just the best!! Liorah would make a snappy comment or try to kick my shins. (She’s still mad at me for what I did for plot purposes.)

Ah, aren’t all our characters probably mad at us for plot purposes? I know Rúan would go hoarse screaming at me for everything I did to him. 😆

Goodness, they are!! And chestnut mare ponies are the worst XD. Though, arguably, my chestnut gelding who is not quite a pony but close is far, far worse. XD (I love him dearly but he’s a brat.)

Are they? Interesting … I’ll tell my siblings about that.
    Don’t we love our little brats? 😁

I have a lot XD Lemme see, off the top of my head, Rainbow Veins, Fireflies (of course XD) Beautiful times, the Saltwater room, Technicolor phase, Bird with a broken wing, Gold, and Embers. (I can’t decide I love all of them XD) And you?

Oooo, I love Rainbow Veins and Fireflies! Oh, and Embers too. (:
    My favourites from him are probably “If My Heart was a House,” “Vanilla Twilight,” “You’re Not Alone,” and his cover of “Waving Through a Window.” His voice is so comforting for me. ☺️

I’d say my favorite group for writing music is the Yamma ensemble. They’re really obscure but I stumbled on them while researching instruments for my setting. They still use the old acoustic instruments, (that would have been used in my setting) most of their music is Hebrew, Arabic, or Ladino folk songs, and they have the exact right feel for my book, so that’s fantastic. And since I can’t actually understand any of those languages, I don’t get distracted by the lyrics.

And movie soundtracks, of course XD

Ooooo nice!

Noah Cochran
    @noah-cochran

@mamaauthoress

Of Greatest Showman? Probably “Tightrope,” “From Now On,” and “The Greatest Show.”
    I’ll belt all of those happily, audience or no.

Nice. Tightrope has really been growing on me.

(Though I may have to transpose “From Now On” up a few notches so it can fit my range as an alto 😅)

From things you’ve been saying, you sound quite adept at music. Have you taken music theory?

I am very glad to have met you. (:

The feeling is mutual. 🙂

Ohh … that is arguably my favourite song of theirs. It’s in a nice range too, so I can sing it easily. My father and I love to duet to it.

Finally, I’ve met another lover of this amazing song. I find it quite emotionally evocative personally, and you have just elicited the desire in me to hear you and your father sing a duet. 🙂 Is your family all into music? How many siblings do you have?

@rose-colored-fancy

May God bless and keep the goverment far away from us” is probably one of the most quoted lines in our house

Amen and Amen.

I’d say my favorite group for writing music is the Yamma ensemble.

Excuse me while I go look up a group called Yamma ensemble.

Laura K. Abeid
    @mamaauthoress

@noah-cochran

Nice. Tightrope has really been growing on me.

‘Tis truly a wonderful song.

From things you’ve been saying, you sound quite adept at music. Have you taken music theory?

Actually, I haven’t. I just learned some of the terms from my father, who oftentimes coaches me on chords and theory and all that jazz. 🙂
    I do know quite a bit, but only basics (like I know what “Csus2” would be, and I know “Dmsus2,” etc.), nothing as complicated as reading the music notes or the little symbol thingies on sheet music.
    (All the slang I just used in that last sentence shows how much I know of that stuff 😅)

The feeling is mutual. 🙂

😊

Finally, I’ve met another lover of this amazing song. I find it quite emotionally evocative personally, and you have just elicited the desire in me to hear you and your father sing a duet. 🙂 Is your family all into music? How many siblings do you have?

It is so powerfully emotional … I just adore music that I can connect with on a deep level — music that has meaning. Sometimes I cry while listening to that song. I’m so happy I’ve found someone who also relates to this.
    Sadly, the majority family is not into music as much as me and my dad. We are the only ones who will sit down and appreciate the wording of the lyrics, or that unusually wonderful chord progression.

As for how many siblings I have, I have two: a younger brother by nearly 4 years, and a younger sister by nearly 7 years.

Erynne
    @erynne

@mamaauthoress

Hey sorry, I’m really late, and I don’t have a good excuse other than I forgot to respond.

*hands you pie I made today at work* a peace offering

Hello Erynne! I am glad to have been welcomed in the warmest fashion — I’ve not been welcomed like this on any other community.

Oh, well, I have no idea what I said exactly to.make you say that, but you’re welcome XD

Ah, though my experience has not yet waxed on 24 hours, I would fall under that category as well.

If you aren’t already like that when you join SE, you will be when you get off.

Then if you are like that when you join, you just lose a few brain cells from time to time.

I’m giving yoh a fair warning 😉

Gracious, I read that as “I’m honestly not that intelligent,” and was about to reply with “NO, YOU ARE NOT DUMB — WHY WOULD YOU SAY THAT??”

Lol, I’m either treating myself like dirt or I’m talking about how amazing I am. There’s no in between. Ask @noah-cochran he knows XD

I have not read any dystopian fantasy books yet — all the dystopian stories I’ve read were science fiction.
    However, I got the idea of writing a dystopian fantasy story when I watched Raya and the Last Dragon, which takes place in a magical world after it was destroyed. The inspiration only grew when I was introduced to the video game Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, which also. takes place in a post-apocalyptic society that has many elements of fantasy.

Ok cool! I’ve not read any dystopian fantasy either so that’s why I was specifically curious on that one, haha. What dystopian books do you like?

I have a friend who likes that video game. He’s on here but he doesn’t get on much.

Of course. I never wanted to take MBTI’s path of “figuring out who you are” since I already know who I am, but it was quite interesting reading a webpage that looked like people had been spying and studying me.

EXACTLY

Thank you so much! I’m glad you think so.
    I will most definitely check that out! I love reading about other people’s projects, since they come up with so much diverse and interesting ideas.

Great!! I can’t wait to hear your opinion!

Ah, that is probably because I am part of a similar community, but for homeschoolers, that has very similar tagging and quoting features. I am also a part of the YWW community, so I’m a bit familiar with community maneuvering. (:

Oh well that makes sense. Take the compliment anyway

I love your poem!! I’ve always wanted to give poetry a shot, but I feel like it would end up being about something stupid like the smell of crayons. Cuz I would totally do that.

I’m not part of the music talk but I’m joining anyway. I LOVE The Greatest Showman and I also don’t like rap much either. And yes, you had to know that

@noah-cochran

That must be it. You’re purpose in life is now to be astounded by my Dr. Seuss poetry.

Yes!!! I love Dr. Seuss, ya know. I’m trying to read Fox in Socks enough so I can get to where I don’t get all tongue tied reading it. It’s like the hardest one to read aloud

So anyways, I must read this. I will beta read it too for you

Also I’ll ask you again since it got brought up, what’s your favorite songs from The Greatest Showman??

• This reply was modified 11 months, 3 weeks ago by Erynne.

Be weird. Be random. Be who you are. Because you ever know who would love the person you hide.

Noah Cochran
    @noah-cochran

@mamaauthoress

As for how many siblings I have, I have two: a younger brother by nearly 4 years, and a younger sister by nearly 7 years.

Me and my brother are the most into music, but all of us like to sing. I share a room with four younger brothers, and I also have two sisters. So yeah, we have a full house.

@erynne

Eh, I’m not even sure if I have the poem anymore. Too much work to find it.

From Now On is my favorite.

Laura K. Abeid
    @mamaauthoress

@erynne

Hey sorry, I’m really late, and I don’t have a good excuse other than I forgot to respond.

*hands you pie I made today at work* a peace offering

It’s fine! Don’t feel bad if you reply late, or forget to reply at all. I, too, am forgetful, and I have the memory of a goldfish, so I understand! (:

Oh, well, I have no idea what I said exactly to.make you say that, but you’re welcome XD

I mean that you all are being really friendly, and I appreciate that so much. (:

If you aren’t already like that when you join SE, you will be when you get off.

Then if you are like that when you join, you just lose a few brain cells from time to time.

I’m giving yoh a fair warning 😉

*heeds*

Lol, I’m either treating myself like dirt or I’m talking about how amazing I am. There’s no in between. Ask @noah-cochran he knows XD

I favour the second statement: YOU ARE NOT DIRT. You’re an amazing daughter of God!

What dystopian books do you like?

I … haven’t read much in the dystopian genre, so I can’t really say. I hated The Hunger Games because I’m squeamish and sensitive. Divergent wasn’t so bad — I just disliked all the romance.

I have a friend who likes that video game. He’s on here but he doesn’t get on much.

Ah, cool! It’s a really cool video game, and that is coming from a non-gamer. I love the lore, the plot, and the creativity that follows with it all. 😊

Great!! I can’t wait to hear your opinion!

😁👍🏼

Oh well that makes sense. Take the compliment anyway

*takes*

I love your poem!! I’ve always wanted to give poetry a shot, but I feel like it would end up being about something stupid like the smell of crayons. Cuz I would totally do that.

Thank you!
    Don’t be afraid to write poetry, even if it is about the smell of crayons! You could write about why you love/hate the smell of crayons, like this:

The freshly opened cardboard box
    The smell of childhood within
    Crayons as big as the hands of a clock
    The aroma of what has been.

If you want to make a poem about crayon aroma, go right ahead. Nobody worth anything will judge poetry because it is seemingly “stupid.” 😊

I’m not part of the music talk but I’m joining anyway. I LOVE The Greatest Showman and I also don’t like rap much either. And yes, you had to know that

JUMP RIGHT IN
    I did! Now I know there are other people with similar taste!

@noah-cochran

Me and my brother are the most into music, but all of us like to sing. I share a room with four younger brothers, and I also have two sisters. So yeah, we have a full house.

Oh wow, that is a full house!
    That’s great that all of you like singing. 🙂 My mom and siblings have good voices, they just don’t sing often, or seriously try to sound good singing.

Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

@mamaauthoress

Interesting! I love For King and Country.

Yeah, they’re amazing!

Ah, aren’t all our characters probably mad at us for plot purposes? I know Rúan would go hoarse screaming at me for everything I did to him.

That’s our work as writers XD

Are they? Interesting … I’ll tell my siblings about that.
    Don’t we love our little brats?

LOL, it’s a joke that chestnut mares are particularly sassy. “Beware the chestnut mare” XD

Oooo, I love Rainbow Veins and Fireflies! Oh, and Embers too. (:
    My favourites from him are probably “If My Heart was a House,” “Vanilla Twilight,” “You’re Not Alone,” and his cover of “Waving Through a Window.” His voice is so comforting for me.

That’s awesome! I think Vanilla Twilight is like the second song I heard of him!

I do know quite a bit, but only basics (like I know what “Csus2” would be, and I know “Dmsus2,” etc.), nothing as complicated as reading the music notes or the little symbol thingies on sheet music.

LOL, that’s hilarious because I’m the exact opposite XD I understood none of those words but I can sight read sheet music pretty reliably.

I … haven’t read much in the dystopian genre, so I can’t really say. I hated The Hunger Games because I’m squeamish and sensitive. Divergent wasn’t so bad — I just disliked all the romance.

I was the opposite XD I really liked the Hunger Games (though admittedly I frequently skipped through the deaths. I have never read Cato’s death and I never will.) I thought the theme and character work was pretty great.

I got to the middle of Allegiant before I gave up on Divergent. It just didn’t work for me, and I was spoiled for the ending and already mad about it. I totally agree on the romance. Every time they started kissing I skipped it XD Admittedly, I do that a lot. I don’t ship characters easily and often find it outright boring or annoying.

Romance has potential to add a lot to a story but it often just… doesn’t. It’s just attraction and it doesn’t go deeper than that.

Laura K. Abeid
    @mamaauthoress

@rose-colored-fancy

Yeah, they’re amazing!

“God only knowwwws what you’ve been through!”

That’s our work as writers XD

Indubitably!

LOL, it’s a joke that chestnut mares are particularly sassy. “Beware the chestnut mare” XD

Haha. XD

That’s awesome! I think Vanilla Twilight is like the second song I heard of him!

Nice! I cried when I first heard it.

LOL, that’s hilarious because I’m the exact opposite XD I understood none of those words but I can sight read sheet music pretty reliably.

Wow, I admire your sheet-music-reading skills.

I was the opposite XD I really liked the Hunger Games (though admittedly I frequently skipped through the deaths. I have never read Cato’s death and I never will.) I thought the theme and character work was pretty great.

Oof, yeah, don’t read Cato’s death. It still gives me nightmares.
    I really don’t like gore, and The Hunger Games just shook me after I finished it. I hated it so much.

I got to the middle of Allegiant before I gave up on Divergent. It just didn’t work for me, and I was spoiled for the ending and already mad about it. I totally agree on the romance. Every time they started kissing I skipped it XD Admittedly, I do that a lot. I don’t ship characters easily and often find it outright boring or annoying.

I didn’t even read the second book because of the suggestive themes in the first. I liked the plot — it was cool — but I really didn’t like all the war and fighting and the … injuries the main character got.
    Ugh. Kissing.
    Only good authors can really nail kissing scenes and make it so that I don’t want to groan.

Romance has potential to add a lot to a story but it often just… doesn’t. It’s just attraction and it doesn’t go deeper than that.

Yeah, I can see that.
    Romance is a big part of my story, though, so I’m trying to hone my skills in feelings. 😅

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest