fb

Hello

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Ally Renee
    @ally-renee

@ribbonash

Hi there!

My pleasure! πŸ™‚

Oh well good LOL. No worries, I’m just glad someone was curious about a character of mine πŸ˜‰ Hmm, I don’t think I have given her a name because the scene where she makes her appearance is in Leebus’ POV, and she never told him her name (for obvious reasons XD). But she has multiple powers: teleportation, creating images with pink light out of thin air, and telepathy. All three are displayed in the prologue.Β Yes, my immortal King must have some time to prove his immortality XD They truly are! Aww, thanks! I hope you can meet them in the future too LOL πŸ˜‰

Yeah, like, I don’t want their POVs to start looking the same. Like, they have the same thought processes, personality, and even the same way of describing things. I really don’t want that XD Alex and Penny, while they are siblings and do have their similarities, are supposed to be very different XD

Yay, I’m glad I’m not the only one! That makes total sense to me πŸ™‚ Yes, that helps the character building process to be more fun XD

Those poor Cyborgs πŸ™ Well, it’s understandable why their lives would be kinda rough. Haha, another violent author XD πŸ˜‰ Welcome to the club LOL. Yeah, it can be heartbreaking, especially if you grow really attached to the character. I once made a decision to kill off a character I loved and felt so bad about it for a few days XD Oh that’s fun! It’s such a great feeling when you write out a scene and you don’t have to make any drastic changes to it. This makes me exited to read your story(s) in the future! πŸ˜€

Oh, it makes me feel better that he’s not entirely alone! In my opinion, everybody needs people XD I have a character that’s kind of like your MC, who pushes a lot of people away (I torture this poor lad, let’s just say that LOL), so I can understand that part of his character.

"Strength and dignity are her clothing, and she smiles at the future." ~ Proverbs 31:25

Ribbonash
    @ribbonash

Sorry for the late replies, everyone! The days have been escaping me so fast.

@rose-colored-fancy

Yep, I believe if you cringe, then you have improved. XD I don’t know about you, but I think I write pretty good during the first draft and if I go, “oof, that’s bad”, it is like a sign of your growth, if that makes sense. Oh, this is your first novel? That’s amazing! Yep, that happens. I haven’t written a bunch of chapters with nothing happening, but certainly scenes or a chapter here and there. I think it is good that you can cut so much cause it makes the story so much better, you know? And oh my goodness, yes, I have forgotten and skipped over important moments in my current novel too. Another reason why it is a mess. Haha, it’s okay! This what happens when you let your story fly wherever it wants. XD

I have a question about Save the Cat: There are so many different versions of it that I’m not sure which to pick. Do you have any videos to recommend?

Yes! I’m sure your dialogue is fantastic! Yes, these ones are so good! They are almost too much fun. XD

Oh my goodness, yes, these scenes are part of my favourite too! I love writing arguments (that sounds bad but oh well XD) and drama through dialogue is great as well! I love reading them, so it make sense that enjoy writing them as well. πŸ™‚Β  Same! My MC is so argumentative and gets mad so easily and picks fights with basically everyone too!

Action scenes (like fighting, running, character doing a lot of active stuff) and I also have trouble with changing from one scene to the next in the same chapter.

@olivia

Oh, wow, I appreciate you, but, yeah, I understand that it is a lot to memorized. Yes, definitely! People are curious all of the time! And, yes, especially writers!

Yes, definitely! I purely like to read all of the details given because it usually gets me interested and excited and make me want to give it a chance. I’m the sort of girl who would her waste time a little on reading okay books. And my sister does not. She won’t pick up most of the books I pick up. Oh, yes, I didn’t like when blurbs spoils things that they shouldn’t spoil. You don’t want to feel like you know the whole plot and how everything will go. Like, yeah, I think some romances, especially if they are subplots, should be kept hidden for the reader to find out. A hint maybe, but not the whole thing. I totally get that. I also don’t like how some blurbs lie about how something happened in the book. Like they say one thing and in the book it happens another. It is annoying. -_-

Yep! (HAHA) Of course you can read it!

Your friend is talented. Ah, I see. Oh, haha, I am seeing a theme… Okay, cool! Can’t wait. πŸ™‚

Ribbonash
    @ribbonash

@ally-renee

Hi!

Oh, I understand that. I wouldn’t want to give him my name either. Wow, her powers are so cool! I am very much hoping over here that I can met them!

Yeah, the problem with having more than one POV. But if you do fall into that trap, there are many ways to fix it! Sometimes it takes revising and editing to make the POVs different.

Yep, not alone! πŸ™‚

Me, a violent author? Just a bit… XD Yep, I have killed characters unofficially (in my head only) and I have literally cried over it. I get so attached to my characters all of the times, even the villains (though it does depends on the villains. Some villains I will never cry over them.) Yes, I love when I write the scenes that come out so perfectly! Honestly one of the reasons why I love writing even it is hard. Oh, really? Oh my goodness, my day is made! πŸ˜€ I’m so glad you’re excited for my stories! Thank you. πŸ™‚

To be honest, his relationships with other people is one of the reasons I love his story so much. The good, the bad and ugly relationships. I don’t know, they just really make his story so good and relatable. Oh, that’s cool! This character sounds very interesting! (*coughs* me too *cough* XD).

@ribbonash

Haha, all good! I’m late as well. xD

Ya, I agree. I like knowing enough to be hooked, but not so there are no secrets in the book when I actually read it.

Oh, yay! Can you give me the name of your blog or a link or something? I’m excited to check it out! I’m considering starting one of my own in the next year or something, because it’s good to make a platform if I want to publish, which I am working towards now. It’s a hard process, but fun, since I love the writing part. πŸ˜‰ πŸ™‚

My friend is certainly talented! She offered to make screen savers with a picture of a character from your story, and a line from the story, so I might ask her to do one for me.

Lol, what theme are you seeing? πŸ˜‰ You mean in my story?

Even the smallest person can change the course of the future. -JRR Tolkien

Ribbonash
    @ribbonash

@olivia

I feel like all of us want that.

Here you go: https://ribbonash.blogspot.com/ Oh, yay, I hope you enjoy it. ^_^ Oh, really? That’s so cool! I would totally follow it if you do one! Yes, that is the reason why I started my own last year. And why I got Instagram a few days ago. Having a platform is very useful for publishing. I am alright seeing the benefits of having a blog and stuff. Oh, are you going for indie or traditional? For sure, writing makes all so fun and worth it. πŸ™‚

Wait, what, my story?! O_O Woah, if I am reading this right, I am so honoured.

I don’t know, you tell me. XD

Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

@ribbonash

I don’t know about you, but I think I write pretty good during the first draft and if I go, β€œoof, that’s bad”, it is like a sign of your growth, if that makes sense.

Yep! Exactly! I have two writing moods: “This is literary genius. This is amazing. ” and the other is. “I don’t even have a basic grasp of English. I have never read anything as terrible as this in my entire existence and I should ‘give it to the fire so it’s improved.'” (Still the most relatable thing Ovid has ever written.) I guess that’s just a part of being a writer XD

I have a question about Save the Cat: There are so many different versions of it that I’m not sure which to pick. Do you have any videos to recommend?

Of course! Here’s one that has really helped, she does a good job of explaining it.

And I think Alexa Donne has a good video too! She goes a little more in-depth. Those videos really helped me understand it since I learn easier by video than by book πŸ˜‰ Hope that helps!

Yes! I’m sure your dialogue is fantastic! Yes, these ones are so good! They are almost too much fun. XD

Thank you! I hope so XD

Oh my goodness, yes, these scenes are part of my favourite too! I love writing arguments (that sounds bad but oh well XD) and drama through dialogue is great as well! I love reading them, so it make sense that enjoy writing them as well.

Ooh! YES!! Arguments and drama are the best!

Action scenes (like fighting, running, character doing a lot of active stuff) and I also have trouble with changing from one scene to the next in the same chapter.

SAME! Like, action scenes are HARD! Especially since I don’t exactly have experience with any sort of martial art XD I used to have so much trouble with these, but I think I’ve improved some. Battle scenes are still a pain though! I’ve written two, and the first wasΒ awful.Β I rewrote it, but it was still awful XD So, I’m re-rewriting it XD The second one is definitely better, but I had to rewrite that one too. My critique partner read it and reacted like. “No. No. Try again.” I have a tendency to skim over stuff in action scenes, so it turns out really vague and boring.Β  But, I’m actually pretty happy with the rewrite. (Thank goodness XD)

I also tend to get caught on transition scenes. I’m pretty bad at filtering out irrelevant information. XD

What are some of your favorite tropes in books?

"Stories are light. Light is precious in a world so dark." The Tale of Despereaux

@ribbonash

True enough.

Thank you! I’m going to check it out right after I finish replying to this. πŸ™‚ Cool! I’ll definitely tell you if I start one, but I’m not totally sure when that will be. But hopefully sooner in the next year than later. I haven’t asked my parents about it, but I think they’d be fine with it, though I still need to tell them about it before I just start. πŸ˜› πŸ˜€ That’s super cool that you’re already seeing benefits. πŸ™‚ Good for you!

Haha, I have to admit that I’m not even exactly sure what indie or traditional is. πŸ˜‰ Is traditional just publishing with a publishing company? Lol, I really don’t know hardly anything about publishing, even though me friend just got published a year ago. xD This goes to show how much I have yet to learn…

xD xD xD xD We are both so confused!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *dies laughing at our confusion* At least it’s not just me though!!! I think you read my message wrong. xD Lol! I meant that my friend makes screen savers of people’s personal stories. So like I can get one done of my story, and other people can get them done of their own stories. Not other people’s. xD I am so sorry for the confusion! I meant to say that I am going to have her do a screen saver for me, but when I was explaining what she does, I used the word ‘you’ as an example. You know how when people are explaining something and they say “so when you walk down this one street in town…” they really mean themselves, but they still use the word “you.” Do you understand me now? xD *continues laughing as she explains the whole thing*

@ribbonash

Lol, I was confused about a few messages you said you were seeing a theme so I read some previous messages and figured it out! *dies laughing yet again* Man, I’ve died like three times in a row now. You’d think I wouldn’t be able to type if it were really true. πŸ˜‰ Lol

Before when we were talking about blurbs, I said I’d get mine for you to read, but I wasn’t sure where it was. Then I asked if you saw a theme yet. πŸ˜› You replied that you did, but I’d already forgotten what we had been talking about before, so I was rather confused and so were you. xD But there we have it, all cleared up.

Ribbonash
    @ribbonash

@rose-colored-fancy

Haha, yep! My writing moods are like, “This is amazing. This will need very little fixing” and the other is “This is terrible, it needs a complete rewrite or simply deleted from existence”. But even the amazing scenes need a lot of work and terrible ones aren’t as bad as I thought.

Oh, thank you for the recommendations! I will check them out soon.

I haven’t a lot of experience with any fighting, but I do know that they need a lot of improvement cause I know basically nothing about fighting. Oh, that’s good that you are improving with your fight scenes! I’m so glad that you are happy with the rewrite. ^_^

YES. I don’t know why, but the between-in scenes is a trap for the unnecessary and boring and fluff information ever.

I’m not even sure, but I know I do love a few that I can’t name (also hate some XD).

@olivia

Awesome! I hope you enjoy. πŸ™‚ Yay, that’s alright. It is important to start when you are ready and stuff. Yep, you need the parents’ sign of approval. XD Yeah, it is so cool and such a blessing, since it confirms more that I am right in taking this path. Thank you. πŸ™‚

Oh, that’s okay. I learned all about them after watching many YouTube and reading blog posts. Back in 2019, I had no idea either. Yes, that is what traditional is, which what I want to take since Indie is proving to not be my sort of thing (though I still want to consider it if I write a story that is perfect for it and that I can be bothered to do all of the work involved, but we will see. I might just skip the whole thing and just do traditional. I just know that being a hybrid writer could be good for my career.) Oh, have you done Story Embers’ mindset course? That is a good place to start to understand publishing. πŸ™‚

Oh my goodness, my brain! I don’t know why it jumped to that! Oops. That totally makes sense and much more sense to be honest. I was honestly confused by my interpretation, but I rolled with it. XD Sorry about the confusion. I don’t know if I should hide in a hole or laughed about it. XD

Yep, I was confused (also playing safe by replying “I don’t know, you tell me” because I thought I misunderstood your message and I didn’t want to reply with something that will make me look dumb. But I did that anyway! XD XD XD)

Okay, this whole thing is too hilarious that I can’t feel embarrassed. XD

@ribbonash

I checked out your blog and I like it. πŸ™‚ I think I forgot to follow it, but I’ll do it next time I read more. Haha, ya I’ll just start when it works best for me and when I know my parents will be fine with it. Though I don’t think they’ll care.

Okay, glad I can at least guess what it is. xD Lol. I’ve never really thought about self publishing, really, just doing it with a publishing company. So though I don’t know right now what I’ll do if I want to publish, I could see myself just doing traditional. I haven’t done the mindset course, especially since I’m not anywhere near publishing and I know it πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜› but maybe I’ll check that out sometime.

All good! I totally didn’t think that it could be confusing to you, but I totally get where you’re coming from. Haha. Definitely laugh out loud!

xD πŸ˜€ That’s hilarious that we both were like “what is going on?” Nothing more confusing when neither party knows what’s happening! Lol!!!!

Ribbonash
    @ribbonash

@olivia

I’m glad you liked it. If you have any questions about it or requests for it, feel free to tell me!

Yeah, I understand not doing the mindset course (I started it but haven’t finished it, oops). I am not close to publishing either, but I figured that learning about publishing now doesn’t hurt.

I don’t know why, but I just assume “you” or “your” means me or my in most direct conversations.

Oh, yes, definitely! XD

• This reply was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by Ribbonash.

@ribbonash

I definitely will, thanks!

True enough. But I don’t have a lot of writing time now as it is, so I’ll just check it out later.

Haha, I get it! Sometimes that’s happened to me as well, but it still is funny. πŸ˜›

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Story Embers

Pin It on Pinterest