Hello!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    lattes_and_letters
    @lattes_and_letters

Hi, I’m Elise! I am a Professional Writing major at a small liberal arts college in Indiana. Although I primarily write nonfiction, I enjoy writing short stories and poetry, and I love reading, analyzing, and critiquing literature.

I am currently exploring many small writing projects, including devotional writing, book reviews, poetry, and narrative pieces. I am also reviewing a YA manuscript for a Christian publishing company, and am actively involved in submitting and editing pieces in a weekly critique group.

I get excited when I see ideas from all fields–theology, philosophy, global studies, and the arts–overlap and reinforce each other, and I like to discuss these connections with others. I’m excited to learn with you all!

Zee
      @zee

Welcome, Elise! Great to have you here. It sounds like you are busy…

Gracie
        @kimlikesart

@lattes_and_letters

Hi Elise! Welcome to StoryEmbers!

Have you published any books? Or are you just about to submit your first?

Theology. Do you follow Jesus? If so, why?

I know this place can be a bit crazy at first, so, if you have any questions don’t be hesitant to ask!

Welcome again! This is an amazing place.

Gracie

Jominkreesa

Passion means to be willing to suffer.

Sarahfi
          @sarahfi

Hello, Elise! Welcome!

What you sow does not come to life unless it dies.
            -1 Corinthians 15:36b

lattes_and_letters
            @lattes_and_letters

Thanks, all!

I have not published any books, Gracie, and I’m actually not sure if I will anytime soon. As I mentioned before, I focus more on nonfiction than on fiction, so a lot of the writing I’m working on isn’t the kind of thing that would work well as complete books. I do enjoy helping others with their wips, though, and I always appreciate reading a good story.

As to theology, yes, I do follow Christ–for the simple reason that Christianity is true and good.

Thanks for your offer to answer questions!

Lona
              @lonathecat

@lattes_and_letters

Hello there!

Looks like I’m a little late to the welcome party. Haha sorry about that.

Wow! It sounds like your pretty far into the writing world. You have my respect. 🙂

So, I’m going to take a wild guess that you like lattes? Do you have a favorite type?

Looking forward to seeing you around!

lattes_and_letters
                @lattes_and_letters

@lonathecat

Hi Lona!

I am actually just a freshman starting to dip my toes into publishing, thanks to the amazing Professional Writing program at my college, so I’m not too far into that world yet. That said, I am encouraged by the many opportunities that are so quickly opening up for me.

I do indeed like lattes! I tend to go for the classic unflavored lattes, but I’m always up for trying new kinds of coffee. My username is actually also the name of my blog, which is why I picked it.

I’m excited to get to know you a little better in the future!

Lona
                  @lonathecat

@lattes_and_letters

Oh, ok, nice! I will have to check that out later. 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest