fb

Hello!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 83 total)
  • Author
    Mel
    @melodyjoy

My name is Melody and I am from Wisconsin USA. I have gone to a Christian school my whole life. Ever since I was young I would start writing these stories (very hilariously written believe me :). Recently while talking with a friend and helping her with her story, I realized that I really wanted to write substantial stories and maybe someday publish them. She introduced me to Story Embers as well as giving me many helpful tips of her own :).

I love animals. I play the violin and piano and hope to start the cello someday.

Thanks! πŸ™‚

Life is short, smile while you still have teeth!

Katja R
    @katja-r

@melodyjoy

Hey Melody,

My name is Katja. I’m from Wisconsin too!!

Your friend must pretty awesome!! Story Embers has helped me so much, she was right to point you this way.

I hope you do well with your stories! Are you writing any current stories?

It was nice to meet you.

-Katja

If you think you are too small to make a difference, try living with a mosquito.

Mel
    @melodyjoy

Yeah that friend is extremely awesome. I wish she knew how much I think that of her πŸ™‚

I am just a little confused Katja… why does it say I posted that at 6:11 and you posted that at 6:17? It is only 5:25 in WI. Like yeah there are time zones but me and you are on the same one. Is story embers a different time zone?

Arindown (Gracie)
    @arindown

@melodyjoy

Hello, and welcome.

I’m new here also, so don’t take any of my advice for at least a week.πŸ˜„ Jk.

Besides story writing, what other things do you enjoy?

– Grace

Not all those who wander are lost.

Mel
    @melodyjoy

Hello Grace!

How old are you? ( You don’t have to say exact just like teen or older lol)

I enjoy reading (obviously) and my family is big on drawing except I didn’t get that amazing talent gene from them so that’s not so much me. I have gotten a little bit into jewelry making. I’m hoping to pursue that a bit more this summer when I have more time. I have quite a bit of materials and books so hopefully I will be able to dive into that.

School is always a big “hobby” if you want to call it that. It takes up most of my time. Haha.

Thanks for taking the time to respond to me personally. I really appreciate it πŸ™‚

-Melody (or you can call me Mel)

Katja R
    @katja-r

@melodyjoy

Hey Melody,

Awww, I have a friend like that too. They are just so amazing and words can’t even describe them.

It says on SE’s website that if you want to send them something to send it to an address in NC. So I’m guessing that’d be the answer to your confusion.

-Katja

If you think you are too small to make a difference, try living with a mosquito.

Beth Darlene
    @beth20

@melodyjoy

Hey Melody! I’m Beth. I am 13, I love reading, writing, and I like drawing! I hope you are liking this site!

-Beth

P.S. If you ever want to post something you’ve written just tag me and I’ll definitely read it!!

Jominkreesa! For the weirdos who know what it means! πŸ˜‰ I love you guys!

Arindown (Gracie)
    @arindown

Hi Mel,😊

I’m 16 (I already posted it once, so I guess I’ll do it again). How about you?

Jewelry? That’s really cool! What type of jewelry do you do?

Yes, school always takes a lot of time. What is your favourite subject? Mine is anything that doesn’t have anything to do with math.πŸ˜„

Is your middle name Joy? My sister has the middle name Joy, and I think I have a friend named Harmony Joy (I think that’s her name, IΒ knowΒ she’s my friendπŸ˜†)

– Gracie

Mel
    @melodyjoy

@beth20

Hello Beth! I am 13 too and I like all the same things haha.

I hope I can get to know you more through SE

I am very new to this whole thing. Could you please tell me how to tag a person and how to post your writings?

thanks!

-Mel

Mel
    @melodyjoy

@arindown

Gracie,

I am 13 years old.

Mostly necklaces and bracelets but hopefully in the near future I can expand and make my work more detailed . It definitely is a very unique craft and is very enjoyable.

I don’t like math either or science really. Β I like literature. I’m not the best at answering the “what’s your favorite subject” question lol.

Yes my middle name is Joy. I actually have two middle names. Joy and Michelle. When I was born I was just going to be Melody Michelle but then they added Joy cause when I was born I almost died and so they found that fitting πŸ™‚

-Mel

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by Mel.

Arindown (Gracie)
    @arindown

@melodyjoy

I know…saying your favorite subject is very hard. I usually opt for the “Recess” reply.πŸ˜„ I’m very much a right-brainer…you can tell from all the doodles on the edges of my math pages.

Oh, that’s so sweet that your parents added Joy! I believe that’s also part of the reason that my sister’s middle name is Joy…I think she was born after a hard time.😊 I’m just curious about your story as a baby. Do you mind sharing?

So nice meeting you!

– Gracie

Katja R
    @katja-r

@melodyjoy

You tag someone when you put their @____ above. When you do that we get notified that someone tagged us, or has something to tell us. Hope this helps.

-Katja

Mel
    @melodyjoy

@katja-r

how do you share your story with them?

thanks yeah that helped

-Mel

Mel
    @melodyjoy

@arindown

No I don’t πŸ™‚

When I was born, my mom’s placenta ruptured and the umbilical cord got wrapped around my neck. I technically was dead for 12 minutes (which is a very long time for a baby). Thankfully the doctors were able to “revive” me or else I wouldn’t be here. I am so thankful πŸ™‚

Is your sister older than you or younger?

So our math pages have these boxes and so sometimes I have extra ones and I draw animals in them if I have time. It is so fun. I drew a guinea pig in it once. It was really fun. I used to have 2 guinea pigs but we got rid of them about a year ago. I really miss them. One was named Top Knot because she had this little tuft on the top of her head. It was so adorable. The other one was named Pip Squeak because she would squeak like crazy loud. We had had them in our room but we ended up moving them because she would keep us awake with her squeaking and they would both run around their cage very fast in the middle of the night and it would rattle so it posed a bit of a problem haha.

yeah very nice to meet you too!

MELODY

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by Mel.

Katja R
    @katja-r

@melodyjoy

Hmmm….I haven’t done that yet. I’m sure you could just paste your text in here and post it.

-Katja

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 83 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest