fb

Hello!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Elizabeth
    @elizabeth

Hello everyone! New-old friend here—that is to say, hi, I haven’t been around the forum in a bit, but I’m not quite new, I joined SE…2ish years ago? Wow, time flies.

Anyways, hi! My name’s Elizabeth, I’m 21, and I’m from Florida! I’m currently attending college (go bulls) to get a degree in creative writing, which I hope to one day use to publish books in the fantasy/sci-fi/dystopian realms. I love love love writing and have wanted to be a published author since I was a little kiddo. I love reading too, but lately I haven’t had a lot of time for that, so I mostly just stick to shorter books and webtoons.

What do I write? Mostly fanfiction, but I do have a couple of original stories that I haven’t gotten to work on in a bit! I’d love to say more about those, so if you wanna know, just ask! The fandoms I write for are (currently) Twilight, Pokemon, My Hero Academia, and Star Wars,  but I have a lot more that I’d like to write for and haven’t yet.

I watch a lot of anime. A. Lot. I mentioned My Hero Academia above, but I’m also a huge fan of Dragon Ball (Z and Super), Fruits Basket, Mob Psycho 100, and many more that I can’t remember right now, lol.

I’m sure there’s other stuff about me that I’m just forgetting, so if you have any more questions, just ask! I’m gonna try and be around more!

INTP. Writer of fantasy and sci-fi. Wannabe artist. Anime geek. Merakian.

Beth Darlene
    @beth20

@elizabeth

Hello!!!

We have the same name haha! Though my name is spelled Elisabeth not Elizabeth lol!

Nice to meet you, I am 13! I am new here, and I write Fantasy Fiction. I would love to read something you’ve written! I have posted a few things I’ve written on here also, you should check them out and tell me what you think 🙂

I am currently working on a book, but I also write short stories!

What are some of your favorite books? Mine are Ashtown Burials, Redwall, Guardians of Ga’Hoole, book four of The Maze Runner and Mistmantle! I’m sure I could think of more lol, those are just a few!

Anyway I hope the rest of your day is good!

-Beth

Jominkreesa! For the weirdos who know what it means! 😉 I love you guys!

Elizabeth
    @elizabeth

@beth20 hello!!!

your cat is cute

books!!! some of my favorites are the Percy Jackson series by Rick Riordan, the Chronicles of Narnia (which I’m due for a reread of, now that I think about it) and…hm, let’s see! I also love Harry Potter, and Twilight, but I have a few lesser-known faves too, like the Six of Crows duology by Leigh Bardugo, the Scythedom trilogy by Neal Schusterman, and the Renegades trilogy by Marissa Meyer!

Beth Darlene
    @beth20

@elizabeth

Thank you! His name is Tommy! He kinda just wandered into our lives one day and never left lol!

I love The Chronicles of Narnia too!! I haven’t read Percy Jackson yet, but I want to! Never heard of Six Crows, the Scythedom trilogy, or the Renegades trilogy lol! What are they about? Have you ever read The Lord of the Rings books? They are so good!! Have you ever read any of the other books I mentioned? If you like books about animals Redwall, Mistmantle, and Guardians of Ga’Hoole are right up your alley!

Elizabeth
    @elizabeth

@beth20

omg percy jackson is so so good! i’d highly recomment.

six of crows is a series about a bunch of renegade criminals who try to save each other because… they’re bad guys, so they keep getting caught by the government.

the scythe books’ premise is basically a look at a world where humanity makes it so that nobody dies, and the scythes are there to choose who dies to the population doesn’t get too big.

the renegades trilogy is all about superheroes! i love it a lot.

Eitan
    @eitan

Hello @elizabeth !

I’m Eitan, I came to the forum in the last few weeks.

Hmm, do you come from a secular background?

How is Florida? What is interesting there?

Some Bible questions (to you and to anyone who reads it)!! What is your…

• favorite book (if you can pick one or two – hard task, I know 😉 )?
      Mine is probably proverbs, and I’m also deeply connected to psalm 51.
    • favorite character (besides Jesus 😉 )?
      Mine is probably David. It’s amazing that even after he lost 4 of his children he still rejoiced in the LORD.
    • current study?
      I’ve just finished studying about king Menasseh, and I want to study Ecclesiastes, but it looks… hard. Did anyone read it and have advises?

Rick Riordan is a great author, but his last books are mere liberal propaganda.

You don't need to see the wind itself in order to hear the rustling leaves.

Beth Darlene
    @beth20

Six of Crows sounds kinda fun! The Scyth Books sound a little…..scary?? haha, The Renegades sounds fun also! I love the Avenger movies! Have you ever watched those? If so who’s your favorite character?

Beth Darlene
    @beth20

@Eitan

Not sure what my favorite Bible book is lol! So far I’m liking Samuel!

Naiya Dyani
    @naiya-dyani

@Elizabeth *gasps* You like Fruits Basket?????? *screams and dances* My mom and sister and I are watching the new one as it comes out! Agh, I love those characters so much. . . *shakes self* Phew. Also am going through Fullmetal Alchemist right now. MHA is great, too! I’ve only seen through the first season, though. Deku is my bby child. . .

Anyways. Hi! I’m Naiya. Low fantasy writer. Amateur artist. Nerd of Japanese culture and language. INFP. Nice to meet you! 😉

What’s your current story about?

Hearts are like matter--they can be beaten down, torn, and burned, but they cannot be destroyed.

Elizabeth
    @elizabeth

@naiya-dyani

omg yes hello! Fruits Basket is so good! I haven’t seen any of the second season yet (i’d have to watch it on crunchyroll and i despise how crunchyroll has so many ads lol) but yes i am definitely a fan. Fullmetal Alchemist was one of the first anime I watched! It’s so so good! And YES I highly recommend watching the entirety of MHA. The fourth season just finished and holy cow is it a wild wild ride. That show is absolutely precious to me!!

I have a few current stories on the fanfiction side–were you talking about fanfic or my original stuff?

Naiya Dyani
    @naiya-dyani

@Elizabeth Gahhhh I ship Kyoru and there’s some awesome stuff with them in the second episode. . . *gasps* oh my gosh I think there’s another episode today. . . I’m excited lol

*shakes self again* Both!

Hearts are like matter--they can be beaten down, torn, and burned, but they cannot be destroyed.

Elizabeth
    @elizabeth

ooh! *cracks knuckles* we could be here a while, heh

Okay! So I have 3 main projects running for the fanfiction side of things:

1. Ethereality–a MHA fanfic about my OC, Ayame! Her quirk is really powerful and gives her telekinesis, telepathy, and empathy, which all enable her to take control of people and make them do/feel/think whatever she wants but when she uses that aspect of her quirk, it renders her temporarily blind. This one is basically me throwing a sort-of disabled character into a society of heroes and seeing what happens.

2. Destiny is a Trail of Stars–a Twilight fanfic revolving around the La Push wolves and my OC, Amiyah. Amiyah’s an orphan who grew up being passed around to different families on the rez. She’s super sassy and struggles to make friends easily. This fic is a deeper look at some of the more problematic Twilight tropes like imprinting (the Twilight version of soulmates) and what happens when the soulmates…don’t really want each other.

3. Starlit Dreams–a Pokemon fanfic revolving around my OC Jade and her friend-turned-rival Nate. Jade’s dream is to be the Unova League Champion, so this fic is about her traveling around the region and getting all 8 badges in order to challenge the League, but the fic also deals with the Unova legendary pokemon! It’s OC is another one who’s very much against the whole “destiny chooses one’s path” thing and wants to make her own decisions.

(all three of these are incomplete and contain light-medium language)

The original side of things is a bit more abstract, since I haven’t worked on these in a couple of years and they’re severely neglected.

1. Aladdin Retelling: (working title: Ashes We Rise)–this story is centered around the reincarnation of Aladdin, but he doesn’t remember his past or know anything about his destiny. He discovers he’s the chosen guardian of an amulet that gives him mysterious powers, and in the midst of trying to control those, he meets the reincarnation of Jasmine, his destined bride…only to learn that they’ll be pulled apart if they don’t defeat Jafar, something their past lives have failed to do.

2. Mermaid/Rogue/Fantasy…thing. No working title. Probably a series–this story is about a girl named Evyn who lives in the remnants of a city torn apart by war. She and her band of rogues are just trying to survive, but the king of the opposing kingdom is dead-set on destroying them just because of their elemental powers. It’s very much a family-centric story, because Evyn finds her mother and brother throughout it, even though her mother is a jerk and her brother…doesn’t even know he’s adopted in the beginning. It’s been almost 2 years since I’ve worked on it, but it’s quite the ride.

@naiya-dyani

claire
    @claire-h

@elizabeth

Nice to meet you! 🙂 I’m Claire! I’m 17 and I love reading, writing, playing violin, and recently I’ve been doing some dabbling in art.

That’s super cool that you’re getting a degree in creative writing. What kind of classes do you have?

Wow, you have a lot of cool story ideas…

Right now I’m working on two  things: a murder mystery and a fantasy novel. I’m still in the plotting stages of both. 😛

a flower does not think of competing with the flower next to it.
    it just blooms.

Elizabeth
    @elizabeth

@claire-h Whoa, a murder mystery sounds really cool!

Yeah, the lot of ideas thing…started out as fun but now it’s a pain more often than not. I’ll start a story then get sidetracked a little while later!

Creative writing classes are pretty cool! This past semester I had to take intro to poetry and intro to fiction classes as required courses, and those were fun.

claire
    @claire-h

@elizabeth

Yeah, my mystery story is kind of an experiment… I love a good mystery and I’ve always wanted to try a hand at writing one myself. We’ll see how things go, lol.

I know exactly what you mean about getting sidetracked! I’ve started probably six books and so far haven’t finished any. Eek. But recently I’ve decided to buckle down and finish one.

That’s great that you’re having fun with your creative writing classes! What kind of assignments did they give you? (As you can tell I’m a very curious person… And I love creative writing) 😀

a flower does not think of competing with the flower next to it.
    it just blooms.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest