fb

Hello!

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Eitan
    @eitan

@purpleturtle

You’d be like, “Mighty, time for supper!”

Lol, we don’t think about it so much – our mind just.. separates the name from the word. And Mighty isn’t that strange. I know someone named ”wild goat”…

Isn’t it ironic that their descendants were bitter enemies as well? I just thought that was kind of interesting!

Oh yeah, I know that. It’s very ironic. Last time I read Esther was a month ago – we had Purim. I think that the main message of the book is that God is always working to help his people behind the scenes (His name isn’t mentioned even once in the book) – in Esther’s time it was even more serious, because if the Jews were wiped out, Jesus wouldn’t have come.

Another interesting point is that Mordechai and Esther are both not exactly Godly people – even their names are, in fact, the names of Babylonian idols – and it seems that all of the Babylonian Israelites were that way (if the people were faithful to God, no Haman would’ve come to kill them). So the book shows how much God is faithful to his people.

You don't need to see the wind itself in order to hear the rustling leaves.

PurpleTurtle
    @purpleturtle

You are absolutely right! Esther is just her Babylonian name. Her real name was Hadassah! And, yes, the book is mostly about God watching over his people. He had a plan that Jesus would come through them, as you said. He made a promise to David that his line would never end. And it hasn’t. Jesus is still alive and reigning in heaven!

"It is not the strength of the body that counts but the strength of the spirit" ~ J.R.R. Tolkein

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest