fb

Hello!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    PurpleTurtle
    @purpleturtle

Hi everyone!

My name is Vaughn, and I have been writing for about three years. My list of favorite books is too long to put here, so I will just give you a few of them. They are: The Wingfeather Saga, The Lord of The Rings (I read it when I was 7!!!), The 100 Cupboards series, Ashtown Burials, The Outlaws of Time, (as you can tell, I like N. D. Wilson!) and Agatha Christie’s mysteries. I am 14, second oldest of five,and I am homeschooled. I enjoy writing, working on my YouTube channel and thinking up new, outlandish stories, many of which I never write. I’m writing a book that is an allegory with vegetables, with the “Gardener” being God. It might sound weird, because it is! πŸ˜‰ I also like writing short stories from writing prompts. My personality type is INTP. I’m looking forward to talking with you all about writing!

"It is not the strength of the body that counts but the strength of the spirit" ~ J.R.R. Tolkein

Eitan
    @eitan

@purpleturtle

Hello Vaughn! Nice to meet you!

From where are you?

I’m writing a book that is an allegory with vegetables, with the β€œGardener” being God. It might sound weird, because it is!

What a cool idea! And, well, God planted a garden in Genesis 2, so it isn’t that weird πŸ˜€

I read it when I was 7!!!

Oh, I hate you from this day. I read it when I was 9 and was sure that no one can defeat me!!! πŸ˜‰

• This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by Eitan.

You don't need to see the wind itself in order to hear the rustling leaves.

PurpleTurtle
    @purpleturtle

Ha! That’s funny! I live in SE Missouri. Have you heard of S. D. Smith?

"It is not the strength of the body that counts but the strength of the spirit" ~ J.R.R. Tolkein

Eitan
    @eitan

@purpleturtle
    Not yet πŸ™‚

PurpleTurtle
    @purpleturtle

@eitan He writes about rabbits that talk and fight. He is a Christian author. His first book is The Green Ember

Eitan
    @eitan

Sounds really cool! I should read it once.

What are you doing besides writing?

Eitan
    @eitan

Hmm. I have a few good reasons to suspect that you @purpleturtle and @claire-h are siblings.

claire
    @claire-h

@eitan Haha, your suspicions are correct. Apparently it’s too obvious… 😁

a flower does not think of competing with the flower next to it.
    it just blooms.

PurpleTurtle
    @purpleturtle

I do lots of things besides writing. Some of them are; exploring our woods, doing stuff with my GoPro, making videos for my YouTube channel, taking care of our chickens,Β  helping my dad with outside work and of course, reading. What stuff do you like doing?

Naiya Dyani
    @naiya-dyani

@purpleturtle Heyo! Welcome to SE.

Fellow Wingfeather fan!! Yay! πŸ˜€

Hearts are like matter--they can be beaten down, torn, and burned, but they cannot be destroyed.

PurpleTurtle
    @purpleturtle

@naiya-dyani Nice! Have you seen the Wingfeather Short Film? We just watched it again tonight! πŸ™‚

Eitan
    @eitan

What stuff do you like doing?

Drawing, studying the Bible, reading, listening to sermons, being an FTC captain, and debating about theology with anyone who is willing to.

PurpleTurtle
    @purpleturtle

@eitan

Cool! I like debating theology and studying the Bible as well! How do you say your name? You say mine like von.

Eitan
    @eitan

@purpleturtle

I say mine ”Eitan” or ”Eytan”. You can stress either the last syllable (which’s considered correct) or the first (that’s how I pronounce my name).

My name means in Hebrew ”stable” or ”steady” (most Hebrew names are also regular words, even in the bible – Saul is ”the borrowed one”, Isaac is ”he will lough”, Isaiah is ”the LORD is my salvation”, etc.).

What are you studying now in the Bible?

• This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by Eitan.

PurpleTurtle
    @purpleturtle

@eitan

I like your name, it sounds cool. I always wondered about that. It would be like naming your kid mighty. You’d be like, “Mighty, time for supper!” πŸ˜€ Right now I started reading in Esther. I learned something interesting. You know Mordecai right? His ancestor was Kish, the father of Saul, and Haman’s ancestor was Agag, the king of the Amalekites, who Saul was supposed to kill every man, woman, and child. Isn’t it ironic that their descendants were bitter enemies as well? I just thought that was kind of interesting! πŸ™‚ My name means ‘small’ πŸ™ I guess it fits. I’m very short. πŸ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest