Hello

This topic contains 31 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Abigail Rebekah 1 week, 2 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author

Abigail Rebekah
    @abigail-rebekah

Hello everyone,

My name is Abby and I am 14 (kinda nearly 15) years old.

I love writing (obviously) and am super excited to be part of Story Embers.

My current WIP is a longish kid’s chapter book about the adventures of my very mischievous little brother. Hopefully, I can publish it soonish as I have completed the writing and am now in the editing stage. πŸ™‚

Anyway, a few bits about me are:

I am VERY crazy, just slightly addicted to chocolate and coffee, and love playing my mandolin and writing songs with my sisters and cousin.

Some of my favourite authors are: John J. Horn, Hope Ann and G. A. Henty.

Movies/tv shows would be – Blue Bloods, Hacksaw Ridge, Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society, and the Book Thief.

My favourite genres to write in are historical fiction, suspense and mystery and I really like short stories.

I also am hoping to write a book about a Jewish girl who finds out that her father is working for the Nazis and the choices she has to make to save those she loves.

P.S. If I get my words muddled up on here, that’s kinda usual.:)

~ Laugh. Drink Coffee. Smile. And Write ~

Holly Anne
      @holly-anne

Hey Sis!!! *winks at sister sitting next to her*

Nice to have you on here!!! πŸ˜‰

"You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger darling" (Inception)
        Composer, Writer, Sarcastic πŸ˜‰

The Fledgling Artist
        @the-fledgling-artist

@abigail-rebekah Welcome to Story Embers! Are you gonna join a guild?

"Though I'm not yet who I will be, I'm no longer who I was."

Abigail Rebekah
        @abigail-rebekah

@the-fledgling-artist

Hi πŸ™‚

Nice to meet you.

I would like to join a guild at some stage but I don’t think I have enough time for it at the moment.

Abigail Rebekah
          @abigail-rebekah

@the-fledgling-artist

P.S. What sort of art do you like doing?

The Fledgling Artist
            @the-fledgling-artist

@abigail-rebekah

Yeah, I understand that! Although I’m under the impression that even only popping in once a week is doing better than the majority of guilders. πŸ˜€Β Not to pressure you into joining before you’re ready or anything.Β Take your time, friend.

I am an aspiring graphic novelist, so most of the artwork I make is related to one of the stories floating around in my brain. *Mostly drawings of my characters* haha.

How did you stumble across Story Embers?

Abigail Rebekah
            @abigail-rebekah

Hi @the-fledgling-artist,

I will probably join a guild sometime soon, hopefully. I just wouldn’t want to not be active enough on there and have to leave. πŸ™‚

Your graphic illustrations sound really cool. If you had to choose, do you prefer art or writing?

I found out about Story Embers through my sister, @holly-anne, and decided to participate in the competition. And then I properly signed up. I am sooo loving it here.

How did you find out about Story Embers?

The Fledgling Artist
              @the-fledgling-artist

@abigail-rebekah

Oooh, cool! You’ve submitted something to the competition? That’s awesome!

If your question had been storytelling vs art, I honestly wouldn’t be able to choose, because for me drawing is howΒ I tell stories. But since you said writing instead of storytelling, It’s a pretty easy choice. πŸ˜€ I like writing prose, but my allegiance is to art. Aka, graphic novels. XD

I found Story Embers through another similar website called Kingdom pen. Most of the kingdom penners migrated here, so I did too. That’s the short story haha.

What do you like to do when you’re not writing?

Abigail Rebekah
              @abigail-rebekah

@the-fledgling-artist

Did you submit a story for the competition?

My allegiance is definitely to writing, now and forever πŸ™‚

I also used to be part of Kingdom Pen. The pic competitions were really cool.

I like to write songs with my sisters and cousin, bake and read if I have found a good book.

What about you?

The Fledgling Artist
                @the-fledgling-artist

@abigail-rebekah
                I did not submit anything to the story competition, though it would have been cool if I did! I’m actually pretty new to writing so I didn’t have enough confidence for something like that yet. xD

When I’m not writing I’m likely drawing haha. I also enjoy reading though! And yk, other human things, like spending time with friends or family, and going for walks. XD

That’s cool that you write songs! I admire people who pursue musical stuff.

Abigail Rebekah
                @abigail-rebekah

@the-fledgling-artist

That makes sense πŸ™‚

Walks are super fun. My family loves going walking and seeing pretty places around us.

Yes, I live in a very musical family so it kinda is in our blood xD

Do you play any instruments and do you like music?

I play piano and mandolin which is fun.

The Fledgling Artist
                  @the-fledgling-artist

@abigail-rebekah
                  I love music! Though I don’t play any instruments, read notes, and I have an average singing voice at best. xD

Abigail Rebekah
                  @abigail-rebekah

@the-fledgling-artist

I guess you are in good company as I can’t read much music or sing very well. I like to sing, but it can go a bit weird sometimes… or a lot of the time LOL. πŸ™‚ I prefer playing by ear xD

Selah
                    @selah-chelyah

@abigail-rebekah

Hi and welcome, Abby! I am so thrilled…I FOUND ANOTHER HENTY LOVER!!Β  *hits the ceiling* Wow! This is pretty much a first. XD Have you read all of his books? I have read all of them, most of them 2-4 times. Awesome!! I have some other authors I love on my profile page, too. πŸ™‚

I am 18, and I write mostly his-fic. I’m an avid history reader…his-fic and non-fiction. How about you? Your current WIP story and your want-to-be-WIP sound amazing! Really excellent ideas for sure.

@holly-anne

Heyo! I don’t think I have met you before. *shakes hand*Β  Are you the older sister? I have three younger sisters, one of whom writes and is on here as well. πŸ˜€

Assistant Guildmaster of the Awesome Meraki
                    ~ Created to create ~

Holly Anne
                    @holly-anne

@selah-chelyah

Hey!

Yes, I am the older sis πŸ™‚ *bows*Β  I have seven siblings, two younger brothers, four younger sisters, and one older sister. I saw that you like his-fic. Me too!! My favourite genre would be fantasy…especially fantasy that takes place in the ‘real world’ lol πŸ™‚

Who is your favourite author?

"You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger darling" (Inception)
                      Composer, Writer, Sarcastic πŸ˜‰

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Learn What Readers Want

We compiled and analyzed how 300+Β readersΒ answered 18 questions about what they want to see in fiction. Get the free e-book and we'll also regularly send you resources to help you grow as a writer.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Pin It on Pinterest