Hello

This topic contains 26 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Selah 17 hours, 28 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author

Abigail Rebekah
    @abigail-rebekah

Hello everyone,

My name is Abby and I am 14 (kinda nearly 15) years old.

I love writing (obviously) and am super excited to be part of Story Embers.

My current WIP is a longish kid’s chapter book about the adventures of my very mischievous little brother. Hopefully, I can publish it soonish as I have completed the writing and am now in the editing stage. ๐Ÿ™‚

Anyway, a few bits about me are:

I am VERY crazy, just slightly addicted to chocolate and coffee, and love playing my mandolin and writing songs with my sisters and cousin.

Some of my favourite authors are: John J. Horn, Hope Ann and G. A. Henty.

Movies/tv shows would be – Blue Bloods, Hacksaw Ridge, Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society, and the Book Thief.

My favourite genres to write in are historical fiction, suspense and mystery and I really like short stories.

I also am hoping to write a book about a Jewish girl who finds out that her father is working for the Nazis and the choices she has to make to save those she loves.

P.S. If I get my words muddled up on here, that’s kinda usual.:)

~ Laugh. Drink Coffee. Smile. And Write ~

Holly Anne
      @holly-anne

Hey Sis!!! *winks at sister sitting next to her*

Nice to have you on here!!! ๐Ÿ˜‰

"You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger darling" (Inception)

The Fledgling Artist
        @the-fledgling-artist

@abigail-rebekah Welcome to Story Embers! Are you gonna join a guild?

"Though I'm not yet who I will be, I'm no longer who I was."

Abigail Rebekah
        @abigail-rebekah

@the-fledgling-artist

Hi ๐Ÿ™‚

Nice to meet you.

I would like to join a guild at some stage but I don’t think I have enough time for it at the moment.

Abigail Rebekah
          @abigail-rebekah

@the-fledgling-artist

P.S. What sort of art do you like doing?

The Fledgling Artist
            @the-fledgling-artist

@abigail-rebekah

Yeah, I understand that! Although I’m under the impression that even only popping in once a week is doing better than the majority of guilders. ๐Ÿ˜€ย Not to pressure you into joining before you’re ready or anything.ย Take your time, friend.

I am an aspiring graphic novelist, so most of the artwork I make is related to one of the stories floating around in my brain. *Mostly drawings of my characters* haha.

How did you stumble across Story Embers?

Abigail Rebekah
            @abigail-rebekah

Hi @the-fledgling-artist,

I will probably join a guild sometime soon, hopefully. I just wouldn’t want to not be active enough on there and have to leave. ๐Ÿ™‚

Your graphic illustrations sound really cool. If you had to choose, do you prefer art or writing?

I found out about Story Embers through my sister, @holly-anne, and decided to participate in the competition. And then I properly signed up. I am sooo loving it here.

How did you find out about Story Embers?

The Fledgling Artist
              @the-fledgling-artist

@abigail-rebekah

Oooh, cool! You’ve submitted something to the competition? That’s awesome!

If your question had been storytelling vs art, I honestly wouldn’t be able to choose, because for me drawing is howย I tell stories. But since you said writing instead of storytelling, It’s a pretty easy choice. ๐Ÿ˜€ I like writing prose, but my allegiance is to art. Aka, graphic novels. XD

I found Story Embers through another similar website called Kingdom pen. Most of the kingdom penners migrated here, so I did too. That’s the short story haha.

What do you like to do when you’re not writing?

Abigail Rebekah
              @abigail-rebekah

@the-fledgling-artist

Did you submit a story for the competition?

My allegiance is definitely to writing, now and forever ๐Ÿ™‚

I also used to be part of Kingdom Pen. The pic competitions were really cool.

I like to write songs with my sisters and cousin, bake and read if I have found a good book.

What about you?

The Fledgling Artist
                @the-fledgling-artist

@abigail-rebekah
                I did not submit anything to the story competition, though it would have been cool if I did! I’m actually pretty new to writing so I didn’t have enough confidence for something like that yet. xD

When I’m not writing I’m likely drawing haha. I also enjoy reading though! And yk, other human things, like spending time with friends or family, and going for walks. XD

That’s cool that you write songs! I admire people who pursue musical stuff.

Abigail Rebekah
                @abigail-rebekah

@the-fledgling-artist

That makes sense ๐Ÿ™‚

Walks are super fun. My family loves going walking and seeing pretty places around us.

Yes, I live in a very musical family so it kinda is in our blood xD

Do you play any instruments and do you like music?

I play piano and mandolin which is fun.

The Fledgling Artist
                  @the-fledgling-artist

@abigail-rebekah
                  I love music! Though I don’t play any instruments, read notes, and I have an average singing voice at best. xD

Abigail Rebekah
                  @abigail-rebekah

@the-fledgling-artist

I guess you are in good company as I can’t read much music or sing very well. I like to sing, but it can go a bit weird sometimes… or a lot of the time LOL. ๐Ÿ™‚ I prefer playing by ear xD

Selah
                    @selah-chelyah

@abigail-rebekah

Hi and welcome, Abby! I am so thrilled…I FOUND ANOTHER HENTY LOVER!!ย  *hits the ceiling* Wow! This is pretty much a first. XD Have you read all of his books? I have read all of them, most of them 2-4 times. Awesome!! I have some other authors I love on my profile page, too. ๐Ÿ™‚

I am 18, and I write mostly his-fic. I’m an avid history reader…his-fic and non-fiction. How about you? Your current WIP story and your want-to-be-WIP sound amazing! Really excellent ideas for sure.

@holly-anne

Heyo! I don’t think I have met you before. *shakes hand*ย  Are you the older sister? I have three younger sisters, one of whom writes and is on here as well. ๐Ÿ˜€

"Get wet and sandy!" ~Instructor Reno
                    "You will show respect!" ~The Bearded One

Holly Anne
                    @holly-anne

@selah-chelyah

Hey!

Yes, I am the older sis ๐Ÿ™‚ *bows*ย  I have seven siblings, two younger brothers, four younger sisters, and one older sister. I saw that you like his-fic. Me too!! My favourite genre would be fantasy…especially fantasy that takes place in the ‘real world’ lol ๐Ÿ™‚

Who is your favourite author?

"You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger darling" (Inception)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Learn What Readers Want

We compiled and analyzed how 300+ย readersย answered 18 questions about what they want to see in fiction. Get the free e-book and we'll also regularly send you resources to help you grow as a writer.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Pin It on Pinterest