Hello!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    Libby
    @libby

@selah-chelyah Yes, I was in an accident this past July.  I am doing alright now, thanks to God.  He is so amazing.  I was riding on the back bumper of a van with my cousins while we were in the mountains, and I slipped and fell onto the road.  Needless to say, I got a severe concussion and two skull-fractures.  Another long story short, I was flown from the nearest town to Seattle and got treated in the ICU before miraculous recovery made it possible for me to go home four days later.  It’s so cool and such a testimony of God’s grace and goodness!  He is so awesome!

What happened to you?  Are you doing alright?

Aw, thanks <3 Your comment made me smile and it’s so sweet!  That picture is one of the few in which I actually like myself 😉 Haha, I mean, isn’t that all of us?

Yes, The Count of Monte Cristo is wonderful!  Don’t you just love Mercedes?  Or maybe I should ask, do you have a favorite character?

Also, @wisdomofprose how did you hear about my accident?

"Young people, you must pray, for your passions are strong and your wisdom is little."C.H.Spurgeon

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

@libby

Oh my goodness! 😮 I just realized that I totally forgot to reply to your questions from like 2 months ago! I am so sorry…it was a complete mistake. I promise I wasn’t ignoring you!

You enjoy designing adult coloring books?! That’s so cool! Would you mind sharing some or your artwork?!

Well, I don’t actually draw Cartoons, I draw cartoonish stuff. 😉 I mostly draw people and some animals but I am not very good at the latter. I used to illustrate for my stories when I was younger, but it was really bad and I had no skill whatsoever. *cringe* Now I just get other people to draw my characters for me! 🙂 I have often thought it would be a lot of fun to illustrate children’s books…but I don’t know if I ever will. It’s just one of my dreams.

Sure, I can share some of my art with you! *runs off to go dig up the sketchbook*

Noooo! Kittens are so ADORABLE!!! I love cats! And kittens are even better. How can you NOT love something so cute and cuddly as a little, soft kitten?

But I understand if you are allergic to them…I don’t think I would want to be around them either if I was allergic to them.

Yes, I agree with you! I never was a big dragon fan either. I love Aslan, too!

Well, I have always loved sad things: sad movies, sad stories, sad poetry, sad songs and the bagpipes are such a mournful instrument. Whenever I listen to them I just get this feeling…it’s hard to explain. 😉 Also, I like Celtic music. So, yeah, I have always loved the bagpipes and one day the thought just struck me: “I should learn to play the bagpipes!” And, this, desire was born! 😉😛

No, unfortunately, I don’t write poetry. I tried when I was younger…but it was terrible. 😕👎But I LOVE it so much and I kinda wish I knew how. Poetry is such a beautiful art form…I think there is a connection between the soul and poetry. ❤

"But how could you live and have no story to tell?" - Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@libby

Wow! Grateful you are okay, and praise the Lord indeed! I was in a minor wreck with my mom and sister three weeks ago…not that major, gratefully, though it could have been a lot worse. God is indeed good, and a watchful Father! 🙂

Mm, it has been a while since I have read that book, though I DO love Mercedes a LOT! 😛

I will have to read it again here…

Assistant Guildmaster of the Phantom Awesome Meraki
    ~ Created to create ~

WisdomOfProse
    @wisdomofprose

@libby

I’m so I’m so glad you’re recovering so quickly! 🙂 (By the way, I found out about your accident when I found a post about it in a Prayer Request thread.)

How far have I read?…I think I’ve read up to chapter twenty five, so far…its most exciting! Though I will admit that it can get dark.

I absolutely LOVE how human everyone feels! Dantes is an incredibly deep protagonist and Mercedes is simply wonderful!

Please, please forgive me for the late reply! 🙂

@selah-chelyah

I’m glad you’re OK! Yes indeed!

https://delightfullyimagin.wixsite.com/shirarodriguez

Selah CJW
      @selah-chelyah

@wisdomofprose

Oo, I love your new profile pic! So cute! 🙂 Where are you at?

I need to read that book again, too. Such a great book, and I can only remember reading the smaller abridged version. Ah! 😀

Me too. Thx!

~ Created to create ~

Libby
      @libby

@eden-anderson I’m awful at responding, too 😛 Sorry it took so long!

Aw, I’ve always loved children’s illustrations.  Can I see some of the ones you’ve done? (The worse they are, the cuter 😉  I always say that when someone asks for my cringy poetry from my ten-year-old self!)

Yay for Aslan!

I love sad things, too.  Do you have any favorite sad movies, books, music?  Bagpipes are really neat.  If I had the money, and the time…

By the way, didn’t you say you were going to try writing poetry?  So cool!  And yes, there’s such a connection between soul and poetry.  Do you have any favorite poets?  Poems?

So, you asked for some pictures I’ve done before.  Here are three I’ve done in the past.  Hope you enjoy!

"Young people, you must pray, for your passions are strong and your wisdom is little."C.H.Spurgeon

Eden Anderson
      @eden-anderson

@libby

Hey, that’s okay! At least it didn’t take you like two months to respond, like I did! 😀

Um…sure? But there really bad…they are all from stories I wrote when I was thirteen or fourteen…

My favorite sad movies are probably all the Lord of the Rings, (I just bawl my eyes out every time I watch them. ❤️) Little Woman, cause the part where Beth dies is so sad, Les Mis, Cranford (seriously, everybody dies in this movie) Beautiful Dreamer, and Up, (😭😭😭) As for songs, my favorites are probably The Breaking of the Fellowship(well, actually the whole LOTR soundtrack 😉) Oh Danny Boy, Christmas in 1915, and I know it’s kinda weird, but Christmas songs make me cry too. Some of favorite sad books are Old Yeller, (well, cried when I read it) Almost Autumn, David Copperfield, Every Single Second, Robin Hood, LOTR…Also, I have a ton of children’s books that are really sad and I love so, so much, but I better stop, cause I could be here all day listing my favorite sad things. 😛 What about you? What are some of your favorite sad movies, books, music?

Yeah, I did say that I wanted to learn how to write it, but I’m starting to wonder if I’m being overly ambitious. So, far things have been very…*cough* bad. But even if my poetry writing skills are sadly lacking, I still love to read! I have SO many favorite poems, so I’ll just go with poets. Longfellow, J.R.R. Tolkien, A.A. Milne, Poe, Emily Dickenson, Robert Frost and I’ve really been impressed with the latest poems on Story Embers…love ’em so much!! Cindy and you and Kathrine write such beautiful poetry! ❤️❤️

WOW!!! That is amazing!! 😮 So intricate and detailed! I really love them…you’re so good! How long does it take you to draw stuff like that?! That’s fantastic! Have you published any coloring books?

WisdomOfProse
      @wisdomofprose

@libby
        Just wanted to say that I read both of your poems on the Blog and loved them! They are so beautiful and sweet and gentle! God bless you and keep on writing!

P.S. I absolutely fell in love with The Count of Monte Cristo!!!

WisdomOfProse
        @wisdomofprose

@selah-chelyah
          Please, please, please forgive me for the tardy reply! There has been a lot going on this month (good things, though 🙂 )

I was at an old college built in the 1800s. It’s quite lovely! My aunt did a photo shoot for my whole family there. Thank you!

I can see now why everyone loves Mercedes! She is definitely one of my very favorite characters!

Selah CJW
          @selah-chelyah

@wisdomofprose

Wow, that is really neat! It is so cool. 😀

Yes, totally! She is such a loveable lady.

~ Created to create ~

Libby
          @libby

@wisdomofprose @selah-chelyah @eden-anderson

I am SO awful at responding you all!  I’m so sorry!!!  I hope I can make up for it by the length of this post!  (maybe you’ll all be sorry you had to read through it ;))

Selah, thank you so much!  I am so glad you are okay, too!

Anne, thank you, too <3 I’m touched that you liked my poems.  Please, would you mind sharing some of yours with us?  (you like poetry, right?)
          Also, ach!  I’m so glad you like the Count of Monte Cristo!!!!
          And I meant to agree with Selah, your profile is so cute <3

Eden, WOW!  I love the last one especially!  And even though they may not be your best, I think they all show character…and I’m really interested in the story behind them now!
          Oh, I love The Lord of the Rings!  And all the others…Up, Little Women, Cranford (I know… like, everyone dies!)  I actually haven’t seen Les Mis or Beautiful Dreamer.

Actually, I need to get to bed, but I will get back to responding some time tomorrow!

Love you all! <3

Emily

Selah CJW
          @selah-chelyah

@libby

Hey, welcome back, Libby! Good to hear from you. 😀

Have you ever read Les Mis?!

~ Created to create ~

Libby
          @libby

@selah-chelyah No, unfortunately I have not.  I feel like it’s the one (or among one) of the classic books everyone should read and I still can’t believe I haven’t read it.  I do know the story and have listened to Lamplighter Theatre’s rendition and also an audiobook with lots of parts cut out. 🙂 I know I need to read it, though.  This summer, hopefully if I’m not too busy, I’ll get to that!
          And thank you for welcoming me back 🙂 <3 Sorry it’s been so long.

@eden-anderson
          I enjoy listening to the LOTR soundtracks, too.  Too be honest, though, I haven’t paid much attention to the first movie soundtrack.  I do love The White Rider, however!  Oh, and The Last Goodbye…it’s just so sad.  And Old Yeller is incredibly sad.  I cried, too <3

Have you read Where the Red Fern Grows?  That’s one of my favorite sad books.  And LOTR, Little Women (the series), Eight Cousins and Rose in Bloom, The Children of Willesden Lane, The Book Thief (I love the movie, too!), The Count of Monte Cristo (if that counts as sad), Rachel’s Tears, Moby-Dick, Across Five Aprils, To Kill a Mockingbird, Javi’s Café… I could go on if you wanted me to.  Oh, and also Falcon in the Glass and Fawkes.  Sorry, just had to add those!
          I have not heard of Almost Autumn or Every Single Second.  Who are they by?
          And as for David Copperfield and Robin Hood, let’s just say they’re on my reading list, too!  Sometimes I’m ashamed at how many books I haven’t read.
          Sad movies…I already mentioned The Book Thief, but I also love Beauty and the Beast (again, does it count as sad?), Fiddler on the Roof, Narnia (first one esp., but I love the others, too), LOTR, Batman Begins, the first Captain America, Gods and Generals, Gettysburg, Up, Toy Story 3, Finding Nemo, Inside Out, Coco, North and South, Rogue One… too many to choose from…I could go on for a while.
          Favorite sad songs…The Last Goodbye, Main theme from Minority Report, Far From the Home I Love (from Fiddler), Chim Chim Cher-ee and Feed the Birds, (Mary Poppins), Only the Beginning (Narnia), What Wondrous Love is This, When She Loved Me (Toy Story 2), She Waits, It Was Always You…others…
          Aww, thank you, Eden – I didn’t always write poetry, but I guess God wanted to say some things through me and so he did.  I was so touched by your comment the other day.  It meant so much to me.  I’ve been praying for you!
          Wow!—thank you so much!!  I’ve never published them before.  I’d love to, but it costs money.  It usually takes me… a long time.  Like, some take me several months.  I’m start it, and then I forget.  And then I start again.  Recently, though, I’ve been keeping on top of it a lot better.  Thank you so much!!  I’m so blown away by how much you like it!!  Thank you!

Eden Anderson
          @eden-anderson

@libby

It’s totally okay!! No worries…🙂

Aw, thanks for liking my humble little sketches!😁 If I remember correctly, the first picture was an illustration for a story about a family of orphans living on the streets and it was called “Secrets” or something. It was pretty terrible, but I remember being so proud of it.🤦‍♀️😆

Yes!! Where the Red Fern Grows is so incredibly sad! Love it so much.❤

Sometimes I’m ashamed at how many books I haven’t read.

Haha! Me too. 😛 I read a lot of classics, so when people talk about new books, I just sit there and have no idea what they are talking about.

A lot of the books you mentioned are on my reading list.😉 Especially The Story Thief…I’ve heard it’s amazing.

Every Single Second is actually a middle grade novel…but it’s pretty heavy stuff for a kids book. I love it so much. It’s by Tricia Springstubb. Almost Autumn is by Marianne Kaurin. It’s about the Holocaust.😥

YES!! I’ve seen most of the movies you mentioned…love them all so much!

Aw, you are too sweet! Thank you for your prayers…I appreciate it so much!❤

Haha, yeah, publishing does cost a pretty penny. 😛 Well, if you ever do publish your art, let me know, cause I’ll by some! 🤗

WisdomOfProse
          @wisdomofprose

@libby

Thank you, Emily! My, I haven’t written poetry in quite a while…not complete ones… but I should so like to take it up again!

“Sometimes I’m ashamed at how many books I haven’t read.”

If it makes you feel any better, I’ve felt the same way, hahaha! 😉 By the Way, I love Book Theif and Beauty and the Beast so much too! Have you watched Hugo yet? It’s such a sweet movie! “Empty Chairs at Empty Tables” from Les Miserables (the musical) is  also so heartrendingly sad. I really like the audiodrama of Les Miserables, too…at least, I think we’re talking about the same one ;)) LOL

@eden-anderson

I love the man in the top hat in your first drawing so much!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 53 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest