Hello!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

@wisdomofprose

And can I just say I absolutely LOVE your signature!!! SO TRUE!!! ❤️❤️❤️ ☕📚

"But how could you live and have no story to tell?" - Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@wisdomofprose Ah, I feel the same way, and thus my great excitement at finding you! 🙂

I totally agree about history… it will repeat itself if we do not learn from it, as it has so many times!

Well, you know, Meraki is the best guild… :_

Assistant Guildmaster of the Awesome Meraki
    ~ Created to create ~

Libby
    @libby

@eden-anderson I love reading poetry!  I’m glad to find someone else who does, too!  And yes, I am the same Libby. 😉 Do you have any other hobbies?–other than writing?

@wisdomofprose So very happy to meet you!  Yes, I do have a literary kindred spirit!  Emily of New Moon, for one.  I would like to say Anne of Green Gables, but I’m not sure.  I also think Merry (Meriadoc Brandibuck), Aragorn, and Elizabeth Bennet would be fellows, along with Jo March, of course, and Polly Milton, as I always keep getting called “odd”. 😉
    Let me think about your other question.
    It’s awesome to meet someone who is similar to me in so many different ways!  Some of my other favorite words would be: Hope, Drift, Droll, Rain, Ashen, Silence, Emerald, Wistful, Intrigue, Immortal, Luminous, Silvery, Starry, Vivid, Elusive, Ethereal, Enchant, Wisp, Flit, Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia

Yeah, I know that’s a lot.
    As for music, that’s so neat!  About the types you like, I mean!  I love classical and Christian and jazz and most of broadway.  I also love Movie music and just songs.  Favorite artists would be King’s Kaleidoscope, Citizens and Saints, Leon Bridges, Coldplay, Home Free, The Grey Havens, Aaron Copland, Beethoven, Debussy, and Bach.  As for books, or authors, I love every single one of the authors you mentioned–but I haven’t heard of S.D. Smith.  I also love Alexandre Dumas, Charles Dickens, JRR Tolkien, David Platt, Susan Fletcher, and Mildred Taylor.
    Do you play any instruments?

@selah-chelyah Well, Meraki is the best guild…if you don’t count Avensbeck. 😉

"Young people, you must pray, for your passions are strong and your wisdom is little."C.H.Spurgeon

Chelsea R.H.
    @seekjustice

@libby

Somehow I missed replying to your post 😀

I’ve found that too. I guess its because WW2 is still in living memory of quite a lot of people so its more at the forefront in people’s minds. However, something really interests me about WW1, though I don’t really know what.

My WW1 novel, which I like to refer to as my WW1 Epic because I’m planning on it being way too long, is basically about eight Australians during the war, covering the whole thing and then the Spanish flu epidemic at the end. It’s got a bunch of different topics it covers, like the Aboriginal soldiers that fought, the German Australians imprisoned in Civilian internment camps, the Light Horse, the nurses, the Western front, etc. It’s very…uh…complicated.

Those all sound very cool! Have you finished any novels before?

Unbelievably, I’ve never read a G.A. Henty. I plan to change that soon though.

Mahalo keia huiʻana

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

@libby

I like to draw, and I do some photography, and I LOVE animals. I also want to learn some sort of instrument in the future.

You’re poetry is beautiful…I really like your most recent poem on the blog, I Hear A Song. It was really heart-touching. ❤️❤️

Libby
    @libby

@seekjustice That’s a really good observation that WWII is forefront in the minds of people today.  It makes sense.
    Wow, your story sounds intriguing!  It’s so unique and different from other stories.  I’d love to read it someday!
    Thank you!  Sadly, I have yet to complete a novel.  I have started many…but they fall asleep after a while.  Hoping this year pushes me to get one done!
    Awesome!  GA Henty is an incredible author–you should definitely read his works when you have the time.

@eden-anderson I like to draw, too!  What kind do you like to do?  Photography is not my strongpoint, though I’ve gotten better in the last year.  I love animals, too!  Dogs are amazing.  As for the rest, I prefer to look at them.  What are your favorite animals?
    What instruments do you think you would like to learn?
    Aw, thank you so much.  I don’t know where that poem came from, but it was one of my favorites to write.  I’m touched you liked it.

"Young people, you must pray, for your passions are strong and your wisdom is little."C.H.Spurgeon

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@libby  Oh I agree, G A Henty is amazing! How many of his books have you read?

~ Created to create ~

Eden Anderson
    @eden-anderson

@libby

YAY! What do you enjoy drawing? I like to draw cartoons. I can’t really draw anything else. 😛  Yes, I love dogs too. I basically like all and any animal, especially hedgehogs, kittens, and lions. I really want to learn the bagpipes and I might take up learning guitar again. I don’t know.

Please keep sending poetry to SE! Your really good. ❤️

Libby
    @libby

@selah-chelyah GA Henty is awesome!  I…don’t know how many books I’ve read – definitely not all of them.  But my favorites are The Cat of Bubastes, With Lee in Virginia, For the Temple, In the Reign of Terror, and Wolf the Saxon.

What are yours?  How many have you read?

@eden-anderson I enjoy drawing design type things – like adult coloring books.  That’s about the only thing I can really draw well.  Well, that’s not quite true.  I can draw trees and flowers…and rabbits.  😉 And really bad people.  What kind of cartoons do you draw?  For a story?  May I see some sometime?

I hate kittens.  Mainly because I’m super allergic to them.  But also because they’re not very nice.  I also hate dragons.  Forgive me, dragon-lovers, but I cannot help it.  They are evil.  As for lions, the only one I really like is Aslan. 🙂

You learned guitar before?  That’s so neat!  I love guitar and am trying to learn it, but it’s slow going.  What got you interested in bagpipes? (that’s really cool that you’re interested, by the way.)

Thank you. 😀 You are too kind!  Do you write poetry?  Or did I ask you that already?

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@libby  Cool! Those are some of my favorite of his works… although it is SO hard to pick favorites! :_ I have read all of his 100 books (multiple times), as well as a lot of short stories and articles he wrote. And I think it is Wulf the Saxon, BTW. :_

~ Created to create ~

WisdomOfProse
    @wisdomofprose

@libby

I’m so sorry for not answering earlier! These last days have been somewhat busy.

I haven’t read Emily of New Moon yet but I’m slightly familiar with it. My closest Kindred Spirit is Anne of Green Gables. It’s a pleasure to meet you Miss Emily of New Moon! ;D  I would also say Meg/Jo, because I have bits of both. I’m so glad you’ve read an Old Fashioned Girl! I haven’t read it in a very long time but I used to love that book so!

I love those words!!! I have yet to make a collection of my favorite words, but I have a feeling some on your list would be on mine. By the way, I just looked up Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia…so funny! 😀 I wonder, is that a real psychological condition?

I absolutely love Debussy and Beethoven! I also really like Handel, Vivaldi, and Tchaikovsky. I study to movie soundtracks as well. This year I have to read The Count of Monte Cristo, so hopefully I have another favorite author ahead of me! 🙂

I play the piano, actually. I love it best, though, when I can sing and play! How about you?

"‘What! You too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. LEWIS

Libby
      @libby

@wisdomofprose

Anne?  How wonderful to meet you!  Please, call me Emily. 😉

Will get back to you as soon as possible!

WisdomOfProse
      @wisdomofprose

@libby

Dear Emily of New Moon,

How are you feeling? I heard you had an accident! I will be praying for you! I so hope you’re feeling better!

I’m now reading the Count of Monte Cristo!!! I’ve barely started, though it’s most engrossing! Any tips or favorite passages or themes?

Love,

Anne of Green Gables

"‘What! You too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. LEWIS

Libby
        @libby

@wisdomofprose

Dear Anne,

Thank you so much for your prayers!  They are so appreciated. <3  I am doing lots better than I was in July, thankfully, and God has been healing me miraculously quickly – the doctors couldn’t believe it.  I’m SO excited because January first will be my first day of contact sports!  (but that’s a story for another time). 😉  Thank you so much for asking and for praying <3 You don’t know how much that means to me.

Oh, I’m so glad you’re reading the Count of Monte Cristo!  I love it so much!!  How far have you gotten today?  Or whenever you answer this. 🙂 I don’t have much to say on this topic.  But I will say that, though the story is beautifully written and amazing, there are parts that are very dark.  One thing I don’t like about this book is just that.  Keep that in mind as you read, but also, look for the solution that is found.  Other than that, just enjoy!  I mean, who am I to be telling you what to think!? 😉

But thanks for asking.  And thank you for praying!  You are a very good friend already (a kindred spirit, if I might say) even though I don’t know you very well and haven’t ever met you.

With much love,

Emily

Selah CJW
        @selah-chelyah

@libby

Were you in an accident? I was recently as well… You okay??

I love your new profile pic! I really like “The Count of Monte Cristo” as well! 🙂

~ Created to create ~

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest