Have You Noticed the Book on the Home Page is "Lord of the Rings?"

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Have You Noticed the Book on the Home Page is "Lord of the Rings?"

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    A.N. Parker
    @bigideaskc

This is totally off-topic, but there was no “Off-Topic” category, so I figured I’d post it here. ๐Ÿ˜›

Anyway, did anyone else notice that the book on the Story Embers home page is The Lord of the Rings?

The first line starts to say, “When Mr. Bilbo Baggins of the Bag End…

And also the map:

It says “A Part of the Shire.” Hehe! *insert nerd face here*

(P.S. I actually admit that I haven’t read Lord of the Rings or The Hobbit, but I looove all the movies. ๐Ÿ˜€ )

Grammar Geek | Steampunk Enthusiast | Published Author | Winged Warrior | Avatar by The Fledgling Artist

R.M. Archer
      @r-m-archer

It’s actually The Fellowship of the Ring. ๐Ÿ˜‰ I recognize the chapter title.

Fantasy/dystopian/sci-fi author. Mythology nerd. ENFP. Singer.

A.N. Parker
      @bigideaskc

Itโ€™s actually The Fellowship of the Ring. ๐Ÿ˜‰ I recognize the chapter title.

I literally just edited it before you replied. XD Yep, caught that, LOL!

Grammar Geek | Steampunk Enthusiast | Published Author | Winged Warrior | Avatar by The Fledgling Artist

R.M. Archer
        @r-m-archer

LOL. Good catch. ;D

Fantasy/dystopian/sci-fi author. Mythology nerd. ENFP. Singer.

A.N. Parker
        @bigideaskc

LOL. Good catch. ;D

Hee, thanks! ๐Ÿ˜€

Warden
          @nuetrobolt

@bigideaskc, I noticed that too!

Your story is yours and no one else's. Each sunset is different, depending where you stand. -A. Peterson

A.N. Parker
          @bigideaskc

@bigideaskc, I noticed that too!

Hehe, cool! ๐Ÿ˜€

Trallion
            @trallion

Yeah, I noticed that too!

Fun fact: I first read The Lord of the Rings in 2nd grade XD

Valor, Honor, Loyalty. Together we are stronger.

A.N. Parker
            @bigideaskc

Fun fact: I first read The Lord of the Rings in 2nd grade XD

Oh, wow, LOL! I heard the books are really good, but I’ve never read them – only the movies. Are the books good?

Trallion
              @trallion

@bigideaskc The books are AMAZING. Bits of it can be slow, but it’s worth pushing through ๐Ÿ˜‰

However, I’m kinda biased, just cuz I love them…

Aislinn Mollisong
              @aislinn-mollisong

@bigideaskc THEY’RE AMAZING. Although, if you don’t have much time I wouldn’t suggest trying to read it. It takes ME two full days of nonstop reading to get through the entire thing. (I have a special book with all of the LOTR books and also appendices)

Hero with an overactive imagination

A.N. Parker
              @bigideaskc

@bigideaskc The books are AMAZING. Bits of it can be slow, but itโ€™s worth pushing through ๐Ÿ˜‰

Oh? What do you mean by “slow?” ๐Ÿ˜€

@bigideaskc THEYโ€™RE AMAZING. Although, if you donโ€™t have much time I wouldnโ€™t suggest trying to read it. It takes ME two full days of nonstop reading to get through the entire thing.

Aislinn! Hello! Good to see you. And LOL, gotcha. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Thanks for letting me know. ๐Ÿ˜€

(I have a special book with all of the LOTR books and also appendices)

Oh, awesome! ๐Ÿ™‚ Also, random note – one of my WIPs that is turning into a role play on ALF has some Scottish Gaelic in it. XD I kept thinking of you as I wrote it. ๐Ÿ˜›

Trallion
                @trallion

@bigideaskc Like, chunks that are mostly dialogue. I get through it fine now, but when I was younger it was a hard read ๐Ÿ˜‰

A.N. Parker
                @bigideaskc

@bigideaskc Like, chunks that are mostly dialogue. I get through it fine now, but when I was younger it was a hard read ๐Ÿ˜‰

Gotcha. Makes sense! Also, so sorry for replying so late – I’ve been waaay busy with other stuff IRL and in virtual life, haha. But yeah, I would like to read the LOTR books sometime.

A.N. Parker
                  @bigideaskc

Adding to an old topic… I HAVE BEEN READING THE FIRST LOTR BOOK AND I LOVE IT. <3

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest