fb

Guilds

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 117 total)
  • Author
    Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@catwing

I use a mix of the base Windows 10 editor and Canva. And I rarely turn contrast up all the way, and have almost never used something as a cover without doing it at least a little bit. If done right, it makes the cover feel less like a drawing and more like a scene.

Published author, student in writing, works with HazelGracePress.com

Catwing
    @catwing

@wordsmith Hmmmm… It’s okay. Though for some reason text looks a bit… something…
    Something I sometimes forget, is you can write the words in different text boxes so you can move them around. And you can change the color of the text. I don’t know if that helps or not.

More of a scene sounds good. What other covers have you done?

When your wings are weak and you feel like you can't fly any farther you're halfway there!

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@catwing

Yes… I do play with text color a little… but not too much.

And I’ve played with covers a little before, but only one has come out really well. In general I just take the process of making drawings look really good, and apply it in such a way as to work on the front of a book.

My name is scribbled over to preserve anonymity. ๐Ÿ™‚

Catwing
    @catwing

@wordsmith Wow. That’s a really good watch. I like how it connects to the title. Also time-travel is fun. ๐Ÿ˜€
    Anonymity? You mean your real name isn’t Friendly Wordsmith? *le gasp* ๐Ÿ˜ฎ
    (Seriously though I completely understand. XD)

When your wings are weak and you feel like you can't fly any farther you're halfway there!

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@catwing

Thanks! I had a lot of fun with that cover… and the time travel dealt with is not similar to what we might think of when thinking of time travel.

And no… My name is not The Friendly Wordsmith… Though if you really tried, you might be able to figure it out.

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@catwing

Did you just scour my blog looking for a clue to my name? I got like fifty views from one person.

Catwing
    @catwing

@wordsmith It’s probably still cool.
    You have presented a challenge… That was just the first stop. *nods* And I checked out anagrams. Onto stop number three! (And seeing as you look up other people (your intro topic) this is not creepy at all!) :3
    (Though it took me so long cause I had to walk the dog.)

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by Catwing.

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@catwing

Haha! No not creepy at all… I myself like a good challenge in this field.

Catwing
    @catwing

@wordsmith I had to leave and write a blog post, but…
    *rises from skimming and speed reading through 33 pages of your comments* (Don’t worry I used Forums, then Replies Created…)
    What does BRBC stand for? For some reason I don’t think it’s a business council or bike club. ๐Ÿ˜›
    Anyways, it may take me a while. Though I have no idea how I would guess, since you have repeatedly said you don’t want it on here because it’s public.
    I must say it is a challenge. ๐Ÿ™‚

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@catwing

Haha! That’s smart, though probably won’t help you. I’ve considered letting known my secret identity… but each time have not.

And BRBC is a way I was communicating a secret to someone I know… If I’m not mistaken. And that particular secret is something I am not at liberty to share right now.

RaeMarie
    @raemarie

@catwing. Hi! I just now saw that you tagged me!:) I have several pictures that are kinda the foundation of my cover.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/10CwwI_NKgIJtsqL3biMp5HbmkvK2kPl2L6kZUCC-m_Q

Here is the link ย what do you think?

INFP-T. Christ follower, music lover, a dreamer of Middle Earth..........

Catwing
    @catwing

@wordsmith Thanks I like to think I’m smart. ๐Ÿ˜€ (And I actually think it has helped… after you said this though… *smirks*)
    Yeah. It can be a hard decision.
    Also I am assuming the same that you assumed in your intro thread…

Because you presented it as a challenge, Iโ€™m assuming itโ€™s possible by searching public profiles.

Okay, gotcha.

@raemarie

I don’t think I really know anything about your book. Can you give me a brief summary? I’m guessing it’s fantasy (set in the traditional medieval times)? And the wolf guy can turn into a wolf (or is he just really good friends with wolves)? How are each of the characters related (feel toward) each other? And about three of five words to describe them each?
    Is the archer the middle guy in the last picture?

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@catwing

Hahaha! Oh it’s possible. And you totally have what it takes. I just won’t be very helpful. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Catwing
    @catwing

@wordsmith Good.
    …no you aren’t… I don’t know how to tell you when I figure it out… *has narrowed it down to two to five names* *grins*

I just realized if you figured out my name, then looked it up a country singer would show up. Which is kinda strange. I have no idea if her music is any good though… *this is very random*

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@catwing

Well…that’s a bit tough. I have no idea how we might go about that… unless you’re good friends with one of the staff peeps who can be our intermediary.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 117 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest