fb

Guilds?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Tess
    @thetessinator

I’m not a former KP user, so I really have no idea what I’m doing XD But I have a few questions about guilds.

1) What is a guild? What is it useful for? What do we do with them?
    2) How do we find out what guild we’re in?
    3) Is there a special site area for the different guilds? Maybe a badge on your account? I’ve used the Lego Message Boards and they had “ranks” underneath your profile picture – does SE work that way too?

Thanks for tolerating a n00b. 😛

Tess

I'm an ENFP - fluent in English, jokes, confusing art teminology, MBTI, and maniacal screaming.

Olivia Giordano
    @livgiordano

Hey @thetessinator. I have a bit of info about that. 🙂 I’m just gonna quote a friend of mine who put together a pretty accurate summary of what they are and how they work:

What are the guilds?

The guilds are basically just a smaller, closer group of writers that have their own forums that only they can look at. There are also things such as Guild Wars, Annual Topics, and Weekly Achievements. Which are all really helpful in helping one grow as a writer.

Where are the guilds?

You can only access your own guild. Not all of them. When you join a guild you can access it on the Forums part of SE. I don’t know if I am wrong about this or not, but before I joined there was a forum titled: Guilds(coming soon) Or something like that. When you are in a guild, that changes to where your guild’s forum is.

How do I get in a guild?

Well, when you fill out the form (at the beginning of this topic), you are submitting yourself to be put in a guild the next time the put members in guilds. I am not totally sure exactly when or how often they do this, but you may just have to wait for a little while. So, if you have filled out the form, but don’t see your guild, then it just means that you haven’t been put in one yet.

You get assigned to a guild when you sign up, and  then when you click on all the forums, there will be a subsection with the name of your guild in  it. So that is the special area with all the guild stuff. There is a prayer section, general writing, annual theme, etc.

But there is no badge under your account name, though that would be AWESOME.

If you’re interested in signing up, just click here and it will take you to the topic where it talks all about that. Hope this helps! https://storyembers.org/forums/topic/sign-up-for-the-guilds-here/

ISFJ / Poet / Realistic Fiction / TCK
    https://livforhim.wordpress.com/

K.M. Small
    @morreafirebird

Hey @thetessinator ! No worries about the questions — a lot of people have been having them. There’s a forum topic here that covers a lot of it, but I’ll give you my answer here 🙂

1) a guild is a small group of writers who have their own section in the forum. The goal is to form a close-knit group of writers who help each other grow via discussions, critiques, and guild wars (guild competing against each other). Essentially it’s like the regular forum here, but smaller, with only 15-20 other writers, and with the special activities I mentioned above.

2) From my knowledge, you sign up for the guilds right here. You’ll receive an email when you’re put into a guild, usually by your guildmaster, who will tag you on the welcome post. A new guild should be opening up soon.

3) we don’t have “ranks” under our profiles right now, but there is a special section of the forum for each guild. Imagine when you click on “Forum” right now, and there’s a section titled “General Site Info.” When you’re in a guild, there will be one titled whatever name your guild is.

I hope that helps! Besides the first link, there’s also more info here, and I’d be happy to answer any other questions you might have 🙂

~ Khylie
    "Beauty will save the world." - Dostoevsky

Tess
    @thetessinator

@livgiordano @morreafirebird Thanks!!! So helpful 🙂

I'm an ENFP - fluent in English, jokes, confusing art teminology, MBTI, and maniacal screaming.

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@morreafirebird, where can I take the Writer`s Craft Test?

Assistant Guildmaster of the Phantom Awesome Meraki
    ~ Created to create ~

Tess
    @thetessinator

@selah-chelyah https://storyembers.org/discover-your-writing-rank/  Hopefully this is what you’re looking for?

K.M. Small
    @morreafirebird

@selah-chelyah the link @thetessinator has is the right one. It’s also at the top and bottom of the homepage 🙂

~ Khylie

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

Thank you, @thetessinator and @morreafirebird! Found it and took it… I took the test before, but only saw the rank, not the numbered part, and was thus confused when filling out the guild application form and it talked about numbers! 🙂 Thanks for your help! BTW, I scored 62.

Assistant Guildmaster of the Phantom Awesome Meraki
    ~ Created to create ~

K.M. Small
    @morreafirebird

@selah-chelyah glad I could help 🙂 And congrats on that score!

~ Khylie

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest