fb

Greetings!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    ScarletImmortalized
    @scarletimmortalized

Greetings!

I am pleased to be accepted as an Ember and a guildmate! Many thanks to the people who run this show! I look forward to making many new friends!

I am a young aspiring author in search of my novel. Right now I’m working on a couple of futuristic story ideas: one futuristic/allegorical and one futuristic/fantasy. I’ve written mostly historical fiction short stories, though I’ve dabbled in Fantasy. I even have my own fantasy world (storyless).

I’m also a reader, musician, teacher,  and baker. My favorite all time series being “The Lord of the Rings” and my favorite author (ofc) Tolkien. For 12+ years I’ve played piano, and just recently began teaching! In reality, I’m not just a baker, I’m a cook as well. I enjoy making meals for the especially challenging people with many allergies. Baking cakes for my best friends means when I mess up that “Pinterest Look” they don’t mind 😄. I also enjoy musicals, teaching dramatic theater,  and making drastic changes to my hair.

I’m very excited to be part of a Christian group of writers! I’m always looking to include my faith in my stories in meaningful and strong themes without preaching. I look forward to meet you all, and thanks to @scribbles for introducing me to the site!

Scarlet

“Scarlet, What are you eating?” ~ “Ghost peppers...” ~ Robin sighed.

Brianna Storm Hilvety
    @briannastorm

@scarletimmortalized Welcome to Story Embers!

If you hang around here very long, someone will start talking about MBTI, so I’ll go ahead and ask you the pivotal question: what is your personality type? I’m an INFJ who frequently tests as an INTJ, but that can’t be accurate because I’m too emotional. 😜 So I like to tell people I can switch between being a thinker and a feeler, which strikes fear into their hearts.

What other fantasy books do you enjoy reading besides LOTR?

Rachel Rogers
    @scribbles

@scarletimmortalized  YAY, YOU’RE HERE! Welcome to Story Embers!!!!! *throws oak leaves like confetti* *squirrels skitter everywhere* You’re the first Emberean that I get to introduce to people. I’m so excited. 😀

@briannastorm
    @mariposa @rolena-hatfield @brandon-miller @josiah @cindy @wordsmith @corkybookworm (Did I forget anybody?) Hey, assorted friends! Meet my other friend, Scarlet! She’s super sweet and industrious, and she’s not kidding about the drastic changes to her hair. I really want to be brave enough to show up to church with a totally different hair color one day. 😛 (And it’s really pretty, by the way, so apparently my friend can do bold things with great style. 😉 )

Meanwhile, Scarlet, I should warn you that these people are completely nuts, but thoroughly lovable. I know you’ll be glad you came! <3

Ambiverted INFP. Scribbles all the words. Names the plant friends. Secretly Edna the Piguirrel.

Rachel Rogers
    @scribbles

@briannastorm I can’t believe you beat me to greeting my own friend. >.< xD

@scarletimmortalized
    Yeah, everyone is going to want to know your MBTI type. Do I know yours? I don’t recall if you’ve ever mentioned it, even though I know we’ve talked about the MBTI in general. 😛

I’m an ENFJ. My results used to say I was an introvert, but now I’m 50-something% extroverted because I love spending time with people even though a lot of peopleing still tires me out, so I guess we’ll call me an ambivert now. xD

Ambiverted INFP. Scribbles all the words. Names the plant friends. Secretly Edna the Piguirrel.

ScarletImmortalized
    @scarletimmortalized

@briannastorm & @scribbles

Aw thanks for the warm welcome guys!

I’m an INFJ! With control issues…haha!

I love C.S. Lewis!

Josiah DeGraaf
    @josiah

Welcome to Story Embers, @scarletimmortalized! What’s the premise of your current work-in-progress?

Lit fanatic. Eclectic reader. Theology nerd. Writing fantasy at https://josiahdegraaf.com

ScarletImmortalized
    @scarletimmortalized

@josiah It’s about our world though everyone has a Power. Jamie Danzig, the youngest of his six siblings, is the only non-powered member of his family. In fact, he’s part of a small minority in the world who doesn’t have powers, the Disabled. There’s one other group, the Age Olds, But he’s not one of those fanatics. To prove himself to his family he learns as martial arts. One day, he embarks on a journey to beg a power from the Twelve. Along the way he makes enemies with a dark Villain, Nemesis. But when he runs into Age Olds, he learns that all isn’t as it should be.

Sarah Inkdragon
    @sarah-inkdragon

@scarletimmortalized

*waves*

Hello! Welcome to ST, Scarlet! I’m Inkdragon, Sarah Inkdragon to be exact. I’m a 15-going-on-16 year old writer still trying to get my brainchild off the ground and into the air and published. I’m an INTJ, a country girl, and hopefully a future veterinarian or technical engineer. I love piano(though I have only played for around a year or two), music of all sorts, art, anime, sarcasm, and memes.

Welcome to our crazy little corner of the universe. I hope you enjoy your stay. 😉

"A hard heart is no infallible protection against a soft head."

- C. S. Lewis

ScarletImmortalized
    @scarletimmortalized

@sarah-inkdragon nice to meet you!!! You should know my tired brain read ‘veterinarian’ as ‘vegetarian’ and I spent several seconds puzzling that one out until I actually read and understand veterinarian 😂😛.  I love anime as well! What shows do you watch?

Sarah Inkdragon
    @sarah-inkdragon

@scarletimmortalized

I’m afraid I’m no vegetarian. 😉

I watch…. everything? Naruto, SAO, Code Geass, AoT, Blue Exorcist, Hyouka, Akatsuki no Yona, Akagami no Shirayukihime, etc………. How about you?

"A hard heart is no infallible protection against a soft head."

- C. S. Lewis

Filewriter
    @filewriter

@scarletimmortalized, hi! So it’s late, but I had to say hi. So, Welcome to Story Embers! I’m sure you’ll love it here in our crazy little corner of the internet.

There are a lot of awesome people here. A little odd at times, but still awesome. XD So, did you mean you are in a guild or are going to be in one. If you are in one, which one? I am a proud Ereki from the Erekdale guild. 🙂

Oh, I love your profile picture! It’s beautiful. And very fitting for an Emberian. 😉

I write futuristic sci-fi. And a little fantasy. I have a “storyless ” fantasy world as well. But, in my opinion, it’s a little to awesome to just be left alone. I’m probably going to have to write a story about it one of these days. Maybe just a short one. 😉 Tell me, have you ever heard of a Slade? *evil laughter* No, no you haven’t. Not this kind any ways. Ehem, but enough about that.

I’ve been known to do some pretty crazy things when it’s late at night, so I’m going to go now. (It’s 11:38 here)

Again, welcome. I look forward to getting to know you more in the future. *mounts on Ezi* *flies away in an awesomeness that only a Griffon Rider can have*

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. ~ J. R. R. Tolkien

ScarletImmortalized
    @scarletimmortalized

@sarag-inkdragon

Haha!

I watch AoT! Wow, I haven’t met many people who watch Akatsuki no Yona! Who’s your favorites?

I watched Boku no Hero Academia, RWBY, Full Metal Alchemist (Original + Brotherhood), Fairy Tail, And Your Lie in April. I also read the mangas for AoT and BnHA, as well as an animeless manga the Promised Neverland.

@filewriter
    I’m in a Guild! Proud Merakian! Thanks for the compliment, fire sort of symbolized immortality to me, and I completely forgot the site was called Story Embers 😂. You should tell me about this Slade! I’m very interested!!

Anonymous

Hey @scarletimmortalized! I’m Millennium cue dramatic music keeper, of the Scarlet Gem. Dramatic music stops.
    Okay, so I made that up on the spot, anyway, I’m a Skyraider. (That means I have wings. [dragon wings]) 😜

See you in the skies!

Spreads wings and flies away

Looks back.

Oh! And welcome to Story Embers!

Parker Hankins
    @parker

You play piano? Have you heard Erin Bates?

Living in a world of mystery and dangerous predicaments while working with the AWESOME Meraki's.

Filewriter
    @filewriter

@scarletimmortalized, Oh. I haven’t heard of that guild yet. Must be somewhat new. But then again, I was on a break from here for most of the summer, so I could have easily missed that. That’s cool.

*wonders why her tired self mentioned Slades last night*

*is eager to share anyways*

*realized that that is why she mentioned Slades*

I guess Slades are technically the bad guys. Or girls. They’re normal human people who have gone through the “Changing” which basically turns them into heartless warriors. When someone cannot repay a debt to a member of the royal family or someone important like that, they have to hand over their daughter or female servant. Then the girl goes through the “Change” and becomes that person’s slave. Yeah, I know, I’m a heartless writer.

But… The thing is, everybody thinks that the Slades are heartless and not really human, but they never really become heartless. They just forget about the things that they love. So, I like them. And am afraid of them at the same time. 🙂 I really want to write a story about one, but I don’t know what it would be about really.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. ~ J. R. R. Tolkien

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest