fb

Greetings, Terrans!

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Greetings, Terrans!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Jessi Rae
    @jessi-rae

Between play practices, homework, and procrastinating trying to figure out my current WIPs, I’ve managed to find time for an introduction at last! *cue dramatic victory music*

I am the legendary Jessi Rae: Spinner of Stories, Weaver of Words, Discoverer of Fantastical Realms, and Explorer of Worlds… Okay, so maybe not. But I could be…if certain characters would cooperate. *glares at protagonists of current WIPs*

I’m a Christian teen who loves chocolate, coffee, reading, writing, watching movies (purely for story research, I assure you *grins*), reading snarky blogs about writing, German shepherds, acting in homeschool plays, and talking with my few friends. I’m somewhere between an INTP and INTJ, though if you get me in the right setting I’ll act like an extrovert. XP I consider myself socially awkward, and I’m not great at consistently interacting with people online.

My main current writing project is a twisted retelling loosely based around a mashup of Snow White and the Count of Monte Cristo.

So, yeah… I think that’s all the important stuff…

Oh, right. You’d probably like to know I write speculative fiction (specifically fairytale retellings and fantasy) threaded with Christian truths, and I’d really like to try twisted psychological thrillers someday. I also want to figure out how to write a screenplay sometime.

Anyway. That’s me. ๐Ÿ˜€

• This topic was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by Jessi Rae.

"How did I escape? With difficulty. How did I plan this moment? With pleasure."

Kayla Joy
    @kayla-joy

Greetings fellow procrastinator writer! ๐Ÿ™‚ย I am so happy to see you like a lot of the same things I do. I am even currently trying to work on a screenplay for a short film I want to direct this summer. Screenplays are harder than you’d think. ๐Ÿ˜›

I really love the premise of your WIP. I love both of those stories, I would love to see what your mashup reads like. ๐Ÿ™‚ Anyhoo, welcome to SE, and I hope to see you around. ๐Ÿ˜€

Red haired Disney Nerd. Proverbs 3:5-6 ENFP-T

Allison Grace
    @allison-grace

Hello @jessi-rae!

"I cannot live without books." -Thomas Jefferson

Jessi Rae
    @jessi-rae

@kayla-joy Cool! What will your short film be about? I was planning to finish a novel or two before attempting a screenplay because they (screenplays) are so complicated (or at least they look complicated). ๐Ÿ˜›

Thanks! Unfortunately I’m not very far on my mashup… It’s still in the planning stages. I have an idea for what the theme is, but the clarified version of the theme is just beyond my mind’s reach. Anyways, thanks for your welcome, and I hope to try and be more active! ๐Ÿ™‚

@allison-grace
    Hi! ๐Ÿ™‚

DragonGeek
    @dragongeek

Welcome! It’s nice to meet you. Your story sounds so fascinating!

Fandoms: Narnia, LotR, Harry Potter, Marvel, MLP, Ranger's Apprentice, probably everything else

Jessi Rae
    @jessi-rae

@dragongeek Thanks! It’s nice to meet you too. ๐Ÿ™‚ And I hope my story will be fascinating! ๐Ÿ˜€

Kayla Joy
    @kayla-joy

@jessi-rae It’s a conspiracy theorist/Illuminati story. Screenplays are super complicated. I am not sure if I’ll get it done in time to film this summer, but I’m trying.

Jessi Rae
    @jessi-rae

@kayla-joy Ooh… A conspiracy theorist/Illuminati story… That sounds super fun – I love those kinds of stories! I hope your scriptwriting goes well, and that you’ll be able to finish it on time. Will you put it up online when the whole project’s finished?

Kayla Joy
    @kayla-joy

@jessi-rae I hope I can finish it on time. Aned yes, if it turns out good, then I may put it on Youtube to make it easierย to showย friends. ๐Ÿ™‚

Jessi Rae
    @jessi-rae

@kayla-joy I can’t wait! Let me know when you post it on YouTube; I’m really looking forward to watching it! ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ™‚

Kayla Joy
    @kayla-joy

@jessi-rae Ok, I will. ๐Ÿ™‚

Anonymous

@jessi-rae Hi! ย What kind things do you act in? ย I like your dog photo. ๐Ÿ™‚

Jessi Rae
    @jessi-rae

Hi @ariel-ashira! I act in plays put on by my homeschool group, but I hope to act in movies some day! My current play involves seven girls going to a friend’s wilderness resort for a 10-year class reunion and then having to run the place because she isn’t there and her guests are arriving the next day. It’s pretty fun! Thanks! My dog photo is of Henry, my adorable German shepherd. *heart eyes*

Anonymous

@jessi-rae Neat! ย Have you heard of Sight and Sound Theatres? ย I want to be an actress there one day.

Jessi Rae
    @jessi-rae

@ariel-ashira I actually have heard of Sight and Sound Theaters! And the Sight and Sound Conservatory in Pennsylvania is one of the places I’m considering attending after I graduate.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.