fb

Greetings, Salutations, Introductions, et cetera

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Greetings, Salutations, Introductions, et cetera

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    JMastron
    @jmastron

Hello, everyone who happens to see this!

My name is Joy and I will be your sever today in many things unusual and most likely unhelpful. I have the memory of a goldfishephant, which means I can remember a vast amount of information, but only some of the time.

In regard to knowledge and ability, I am currently studying English and French while entering into my second year of college. Unlike most people here, I seem to have lost a certain creativity when it comes to fiction, but I can write a mean argumentative essay or term paper. By day, I am a scholar, proud AWANA leader, and a high school basketball coach; by night, when I can find decent lighting, I am an avid artist. My favorite media are watercolor, graphite, and chalk pencil. I have mixed opinions on injecting emotion into art, but I love technique and mainly apply it to portraiture. I hope to eventually publish an “art-icle.”

In regard to personality, I am, bluntly, eccentric. I have invested hard work into many pursuits, but have found a passion for none. I am overly hyperactive for my age, but lack motivation in forcing myself to commit to projects.

I have little confidence in MBTI, for multiple reasons (don’t get me wrong, it can be very helpful with determining diversity in writing for characters), but if you are dying to figure out my life and my psyche, I am an stereo-atypical INTP.

Thank you for listening my ramblings,

J. Mastron

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@jmastron Welcome! *Shakes hand* I hope you enjoy your stay at Story Embers! 😉 I joined SE specifically for the artist community so you have no idea how excited I am to see another artist join the forums! *Happy dance*
    What is your favorite thing to draw, and your least favorite thing?
    I like watercolors too, but i’m more excited that you like chalk- because I do not and don’t know many people who  enjoy using it.  What do you like about chalk? How long have you been using it?

"Though I'm not yet who I will be, I'm no longer who I was."

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@jmastron

Joy! It is a pleasure to meet you! I would tell you I go by Wordsmith, but then I would feel like I overuse that introduction… So allow me to restart.

I am a smith of words… My one of my greatest joys is taking a work of fiction (or non-fic, I just run into fiction more) and looking at it word by word to see how a sentence will flow better. Though I can’t say I know everything about grammar I am learning, and find linguistics SUPER fun.

I honestly don’t care much about MBTI… So I’ll just tell you I am super high on the extrovert scale.

Blunt can be used to describe me, eccentric… definitely!

I can’t say that I am an artist… though I will scribble every now and then. I can though call myself a musician in training. My instrument is the Mountain Ocarina. I have not yet learned to read music, but it’s on the list. I can play the Mountain Ocarina by ear though.

What are some things you really enjoy doing?

Published author, reader of many books, Student in writing, and Lumenite!

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

I look forward very much to getting to know you better… Welcome to Story Embers!

JMastron
    @jmastron

@the-fledgling-artist  I really like how manipulative the texture is. It spreads and smooths and can be applied very thickly. But the best part about it, of which I am most appreciative, is how well it erases. I picture it very similarly to charcoal, in way of texture, etc., but it is much less messy and much easier to pick up. I should mention that while I occasionally use colored chalk pastel pencils, I most often just use white chalk (pencil, stick, whatever I can get my hands on) on Strathmore Artagain black paper. There’s just something about the appearance that is very stark and appealing to me.

@wordsmith
    It is a pleasure to meet you! I am eager to explore your writings in the future and get to know you and the many others on this site better. I have multiple friends that are deeply immersed in the linguistics world, I’ll send them your way for multiple discussions and arguments.

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@jmastron

Cool! *rubs hands at the sound of argument*

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest