fb

Greetings from across the ocean!

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Greetings from across the ocean!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    Ara
    @itisastarrynight

@lin I looked at your instagram, wow, you’re amazing!! Did you go to “art school”? Did you draw your profile picture? Did you hear about the art guild? You could apply 😉

Sketching with no reference is like hiking without a map!

Chalice
    @chalice

@lin, Greetings! Welcome to to the forum!

That’s cool that you’re an artist. What sort of things do you like to draw when you’re not illustrating? What do you like writing about.

ENFP-T/Artist/Writer/Musician
    “Creativity takes courage” -Henri Matisse

Chalice
    @chalice

@ashira, I’m curious now, do you speak Hebrew?

ENFP-T/Artist/Writer/Musician
    “Creativity takes courage” -Henri Matisse

Hedges
    @h-jones

@lin No no, that sounds amazing!! I’m assuming Dutch is the native language for the Netherlands, then? Haha I wish English wasn’t my first language, but sadly, I’m an American and the English language is really popular here. So naturally, that’s what I learned to speak first. xD

ALSO, I couldn’t help but see that you have an Instagram, and your art is truly amazing!! Well done, I really think you have beautiful works! That’s really cool. Especially that you’re already illustrating children’s books. (:

Married a blacksmith, and now frequently uses his knowledge for writing fantasy.

Catwing
    @catwing

@lin *starts humming the end song in Mirror Mirror upon seeing your profile picture* *looks at your instagram* Wow. You’re really good. 😀
    I should probably introduce myself. I am Catwing the catwing. Welcome to Story Embers! *throws feathers*
    I like writing fantasy too. :3

When your wings are weak and you feel like you can't fly any farther you're halfway there!

Ariel Ashira
    @ashira

@chalice No, I don’t know Hebrew.  I just sing songs that I learn in Hebrew. 😀

"No matter how much it hurts, how dark it gets, or how hard you fall, you are never out of the fight."

Lin
    @lin

@sarah-inkdragon that’s sounds really cool! I just read the full summary and it sounds very interesting. Definitely something I’d like to read one day 🙂

@evelyn
    thank you very much! And yes I did carve it myself. It was my first carving actually. We have this little craft store in our town where they sold the carving set. I believe they also sell it in America, it’s by Speedball. Everything is quite expensive though…

@selah-chelyah
    thank you! (: I live in a small town in the province of Utrecht. So you could say I live in the middle of it. And that’s amazing! I’d love to know what your story is about!

@the-fledgling-artist
    yay thank you! *follows back* I joined Deviantart when I was about 13 and it kinda grew from there. But three years ago I started taking it seriously. Though I’ve always been interested in movie concept art and childrens book illustrations!

@itisastarrynight
    thank you! No I didn’t go to art school and I didn’t draw my profile picture. I like yours btw! Did you draw it? I’m self taught but tutorials on youtube definitely helped! I mostly see it as a present God gave to me as it came to me in a difficult time in my life (: And yes I did hear about the art guild! I might join but I have yet to look at the other guilds!

@chalice
    thanks! I like drawing portraits and animals. But I also like drawing little scenes from the stories I write. Which is mainly fantasy (:

@h-jones
    yes it is! and thank you very much! 🙂

@catwing
    greetings Catwing! *dances in feathers*. Yay another fantasy fan! Are you working on a story at the moment? (:

“I've loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.”

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@lin I see! Well, I’ve run out of questions to bombard you with, but i’m super glad you’re here! *waves*

"Though I'm not yet who I will be, I'm no longer who I was."

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@lin That’s neat! I’ll have to keep an eye out for that.

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@lin

Wow! That is a big town! Do you like it? Have you always lived there? Where all have you been in the Netherlands….and is it officially part of Holland where you live?!

Have you studied/know much about your country in the late 1700s? I would love to have you beta read my book, though it is quite a ways down the list of WIP`s to write first….  😛

Have you beta read any books before?

(Sorry to slam you with questions, but this is SO cool!) Thank you so much for telling me about your country..I LOVE studying this sort of thing, and you are amazing to talk to!!!  🙂

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by Selah CJW.

Assistant Guildmaster of the Phantom Awesome Meraki
    ~ Created to create ~

Lin
    @lin

@selah-chelyah O I don’t live in the city of Utrecht! We have provinces, like you have states. So we have the province of Utrecht (of which the main city is Utrecht, confusing, I know haha) and I live in a small town in that province. But I do visit the city of Utrecht every now and then. So even though everyone calls the Netherlands Holland (and the country was actually called Holland for some time) I don’t live in the provinces of North and South Holland. But I’ve been there a lot! Amsterdam, Utrecht, the Hague. After all our country is not that big. But yes I was born here! My whole family is Dutch. The forests and the north sea are my favorite parts of living here. (:

And I’m not an expert but ofcourse we had our history class. I believe 1795 was around the time the French occupied the Netherlands. I’ve never beta read any books before but I’d absolutely love to read your story! Historical fiction is one of my favorite genres and I don’t think there are many books that are set in The Netherlands around that time period. So yes feel free to send it to me whenever you want to! And if you have any questions just ask them, though I probably don’t know all the answers.

I enjoy talking to you too! (:

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@lin

Wow, that is really neat, Lin! Different from the U.S. as far as states vs. provinces and all, as you said, but really fascinating as well!

Yes, you are right about the time period, with the French occupation and all. Quite a time in Europe in those years! (Thus, of course, I have to stick a book in…) 😛

I would love for you to beta read my book once I get there…very well may be months to years before I get to that one, we shall see! 🙂  But I will certainly let you know. Do you have an email?

The forests and the North Sea. LOL! One thing you probably cannot find in America as well as there is a forest AND a sea in close proximity. That is really neat, though, and would be unique to me!

~ Created to create ~

Lin
    @lin

@selah-chelyah Haha crazy times back then! But definitely fun to write about (: Just let me know when you feel ready to let someone read it and I’ll send you my email!

Never thought about it like that! Well at least you have mountains. The closest the Netherlands gets to that is a small hill xD

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@lin

Awesome! Thanks! Would you be interested in reading my current WIP, set in the U.S.?

LOL! Every place in the world is so unique, indeed. 🙂

~ Created to create ~

Lin
    @lin

@selah-chelyah Sure! What’s it about?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 67 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest