fb

Greetings from across the ocean!

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Greetings from across the ocean!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    Lin
    @lin

Hi there!

I’m Lin, a 21 year old childrens book illustrator from the Netherlands. I’ve been stalking Story Embers for a while now. Seeing all those Christian writers together made me want to join too! I actually discovered y’all through pinterest while looking for writing tips. I’ve been writing and drawing since I was a little kid. But after a crazy year without writing I’m finally starting to get back into it again.

Other than that I love fairytales, and historical fiction. The Chronicles of Narnia are my favorite fictional books! I enjoy writing fantasy stuff, (when I’m not drawing). And I guess that’s it for now. Sorry if I made any spelling mistakes. It’s been a long time since I’ve written anything in English (very risky on a writers forum, I know.)

“I've loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.”

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@lin Haha! Spelling mistakes on a writer’s forum is very dangerous, but I didn’t notice any. 🙂

Welcome to Story Embers! You’re a children’s book illustrator? That’s so cool! What type of style do you do/enjoy?

I, David
    @i-david

Hello, @lin ! It is I, David.

Nice profile picture, by the way. *Refrains from singing finale song from a certain comedic movie*

I am probably a person, and a writer! Although, those often seem to conflict with each other. Huh.

We’re glad to have you! Just jump in and have fun!

What’s it like being a Children’s Book Illustrator?

Four
    INFP
    songwriter

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@lin Hello! Welcome to Story Embers! ^-^ *Sprinkles confetties* Are any of the books you’ve illustrated published? I would love to become a illustrator for children’s books myself, so I would love you hear about your experiences! May I ask what your current wip (work in progress) is about?

"Though I'm not yet who I will be, I'm no longer who I was."

Hedges
    @h-jones

@lin Welcome!!! Wow, the Netherlands? That is truly amazing. A hearty welcome to you! *showers you with confetti* I love your profile picture. (: Who is it of, may I ask?

I’m assuming English isn’t your first language, yes? What was your first language? 😮

I love it that you want to be a children’s book illustrator. That is 100% awesome. (: And you love the Chronicles of Narnia! So do most of the people on this forum, haha xD

Married a blacksmith, and now frequently uses his knowledge for writing fantasy.

Sarah Inkdragon
    @sarah-inkdragon

@lin

Hello! Nice to meet you.

Oh, you’re an illustrator? That’s cool. I’m planning on going to college actually for illustration or animation, and I plan to illustrate all of my own novels. Someday, I’d also love to publish my own graphic novels. We’ll see what happens though. 😉

I love fairy tales also! They’re so much fun, and I love to re-tell them in my own stories. It’s a challenge to try and put your own original twist on a fairy tale that hasn’t been done before. And the Chronicles of Narnia are some of my favourite books ever. I love them. XD

I’m a fantasy writer too! What’s your WIP about, if you don’t mind me asking?

"A hard heart is no infallible protection against a soft head."

- C. S. Lewis

Ariel Ashira
    @ashira

@lin Welcome to SE!  Actually I didn’t notice any spelling mistakes.  You write better than some of us around here!

Ooh, what medium do you use when you illustrate?  That is super cool!  I love painting and drawing!

And by the way, I like how short and easy your tag is! 😀

"No matter how much it hurts, how dark it gets, or how hard you fall, you are never out of the fight."

Lin
    @lin

@evelyn Hello there! I mostly use watercolor and ink for my illustrations. I guess my drawings look a bit Disney’ish but I ejoy both realism and more simple stuff. I can’t ever seem to stick to one style even though I try!

@i-david
    thanks! Haha don’t you start or else I fear it wont ever leave my head! And to me it’s the most fun job in the world. I get to do what I love all day!

@the-fledgling-artist
    thank you! *showers in confetti* and yes! This year the first book I got to illustrate was published! It’s called ‘Klaartje de cavia’, which basically means ‘Clara the Guinea Pig,’ in English. The publisher asked me to illustrate an entire series so I’m patiently waiting for the next one! I’m currently working on updating my portfolio site. A lot of the stuff on there is old and I noticed a lot of mistakes even though I’ve only created it about a year ago. So I’m working on a lot of stuff! Sometimes I post things on my instagram, just to give you an idea of what I like to draw!  https://www.instagram.com/studio_linnepin/

@h-jones
    My first language is Dutch! I bet it sounds weird for anyone who is not familliar with it! And my profile picture is Lily Collins as Snow White in the movie Mirror Mirror. 🙂

@sarah-inkdragon
    That’s amazing! I’d love to make a graphic novel one day! Nice to see another fantasy fan *sends high five* I always have such problems explaining what my stories are about. But I’m currently working on a story about a girl set up for sewing all her life until decides she wants to become a cartographer in a land where no one is alowed to go near the border, no one is sure if you can cross it and no one even knows if the border exists!  You working on anything at the moment?

@ashira
    Thank you! I mainly use watercolor but I like to experiment with other mediums too! I like your username by the way, I could be wrong but Ashira means to sing in Hebrew right?

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by Lin.

Ariel Ashira
    @ashira

@lin YES!  You are the first person who guessed right!  Ashira means sing in Hebrew!

Wow, your paintings are amazing!  Have you seen the artists gallery here on SE?

"No matter how much it hurts, how dark it gets, or how hard you fall, you are never out of the fight."

Lin
    @lin

@ashira I knew it! I actually created a character called Shira once. It’s such a lovely name 🙂 And yes I did! There’s some beautiful work on here!

Sarah Inkdragon
    @sarah-inkdragon

@lin

Thanks! You book sounds very interesting, plus I’ve always loved books and movies about explorers like cartographers and such. 😉 My fantasy project right now is….kind of a mess. I’ve been working on it for around 3 years now, and it’s finally starting to take shape. 😉

There’s a full synopsis on my profile, but basically it’s a journey of self-discovery/growth about a boy who was a slave up until the beginning of the novel–then he’s freed when his country is taken over by invaders and is forced to head for a secret rebel base to warn them that the invaders are searching for the rebels. Along the way he discovers that he is a Firemaster, or a fire-mage, and is then forced by a corrupt rebel leader to search for other elemental and non-elemental masters/mages in the world, so they can use them to kill an emperor threatening the rebels and take over the world…. It’s complicated to explain. XD But if you want more about it, the full summary is in my profile and there’s also a link to my blog, where there’s more information about all my novels. 😉

"A hard heart is no infallible protection against a soft head."

- C. S. Lewis

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@lin I love watercolors! They are so gorgeous! Well at least when people who actually know how to paint use them. 😛

Wow, you’re very talented! I loved scrolling through your Instagram posts. Did you carve your own stamp of a bird? It’s beautiful! How did you do that? What tools did you have to use?

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@lin

Wow, short tags like yours are rare and awesome! 🙂

Welcome to the forums! I think you are the first from the Netherlands, though there are several members from Australia! Where do you live in the Netherlands? I have a WIP set there in 1795 or so. Such an amazing history your beautiful country has!!

Assistant Guildmaster of the Phantom Awesome Meraki
    ~ Created to create ~

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@lin
    *heart eyes* Oh my, thank you for sharing your Instagram account with me. I loveeee your art so much! *follows*

How long have you had a serious interest in art?

"Though I'm not yet who I will be, I'm no longer who I was."

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@lin

Wow, your art on Instagram is lovely! Amazing!

Assistant Guildmaster of the Phantom Awesome Meraki
    ~ Created to create ~

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 67 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest