fb

Greetings, Fellow Writers!

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Greetings, Fellow Writers!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    CleverCraftsman
    @clevercraftsman

Hey there! I’m commonly known as Kenechi (although that’s not my real name mwuahahahaha), the weirdo person who happens to be a writer. I’ve been on Story Embers for a while now, but haven’t been very active lately, so hi!

I’m a homeschooled teenager who likes sleep way to much, who’s desk is always cluttered, who loves to own books but is afraid of spending money on anything, and will make people question my sanity. Some of my favorite books are Fawkes, LotR, the Dreamtreader series, Great Expectations, The Mysterious Benedict Society, The Giver Quartet, and a plethora of others! That should give you a fairly good idea of what I like to read. 😉

I’d love to meet you all! 😀

Barney Fife
    /BAR-nee fīf/
    noun
    an excellent representation of me

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@clevercraftsman I DIDN’T KNOW YOU WERE ON HERE

*tackles you*

Hey, how’s it going?? 😀

CleverCraftsman
    @clevercraftsman

HEY!

*grins uncontrollably*

It’s going remarkably good at the moment! I believe I may actually be making progress on some of my writerly endeavors. 😂

Barney Fife
    /BAR-nee fīf/
    noun

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@clevercraftsman YAY

*burst of confetti*

Writerly endeavors, such as joining a writerly community? 😉

CleverCraftsman
    @clevercraftsman

Yep. 😛 And also my one WIP that is actually in progress right now, eheh,

Also, when I respond to your comments, does it actually say, like @evelyn before my response? Cuz I’m new to this and I have no idea lol. XD It’s just that it doesn’t show that it does when I look at it, so *shrugs*

Barney Fife
    /BAR-nee fīf/
    noun

CleverCraftsman
    @clevercraftsman

Oh. I just figured it out. XD

Barney Fife
    /BAR-nee fīf/
    noun

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@clevercraftsman Wow, that’s awesome! What is that one about?

Also I love how you said “One of my WIPs” because that’s my life. xD

Yep! You have to put that one there manually. 😆

Hey if you have any questions about how this thing *waves vaguely around* works, let me know. I’ll try to help. 😀

CleverCraftsman
    @clevercraftsman

@evelyn Welp, it’s called Andromeda, and (oh geez I’m terrified. I can’t explain things. XD) I’m still at the outlining stage. 😛 I’m posting a WIP introduction on my blog soon, so you’ll get a full explanation… *looks around guiltily*

Barney Fife
    /BAR-nee fīf/
    noun

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@clevercraftsman Oooooh. I am intrigued. 😀

And hey no problem. I’ve learned to sit myself down when I’m writing a novel and craft a one sentence description that 1. makes my novel sound cool but also 2. not be cool enough to make people want to know more.

Yeah… I try. XD 😛

I look forward to the blog post!

Are you doing NaNoWriMo?

CleverCraftsman
    @clevercraftsman

@evelyn That is a VERY good idea. 😀

No, I’m not doing NaNo. Mostly just because I’m waaaaay to busy at the moment and it’s hard to motivate myself. XD But I hope to in the future! 😀

Barney Fife
    /BAR-nee fīf/
    noun

CleverCraftsman
    @clevercraftsman

@evelyn *scribbles down sentence for next person who asks about Andromeda*

If you ask me about my other WIP (although, it’s technically not exactly “in progress* at the moment xD), I may be able to actually tell you something about it. XD

Barney Fife
    /BAR-nee fīf/
    noun

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@clevercraftsman Hahaha, I totally get that. Stay sane while you still can. 😉 (And keep your family and friends sane too. XD)

Well now I want to know what that sentence is. 😀

Oh really? Okay!

*clears throat*

Hey Kenechi, I wondering… are you working on any other WIPs? If so what are they about? 😉

*grabs a bowl of popcorn*

*settles down to listen*

CleverCraftsman
    @clevercraftsman

@evelyn Haha, great! Here goes nothing… *takes deep breath*

This story is about Kerid (MC) and his friends Talya and Aaron, who are enlisted (more like, abducted) by the President (Vandro/antagonist) to fight in a battle to capture another state that is not within his power, and it’s governor. The President has other reasons for taking this state besides greed. A deep secret, a painful one, lies within his reasons (one I shall not tell you of, because that would spoil it. :D).

However, the three friends are not the only ones to be taken. Hundreds of other teens and young adults are sent to training, and in a very short time, KerTyAa (that’s my shortened name for Kerid, Talya, and Aaron all at once xD) gather a band of recruits (who are now highly trained, thanks to Vandro) to rebel, break out of the training facility, and take Vandro down.

This story is set in current time, but the technology is far more advanced than it is in real life, and Vandro’s armies are not like the norm (as in, very sci-fi, futuristic type stuff).

But betrayal lurks, and Kerid is soon to discover just how smart Vandro is.

Clearly, I can’t do one-sentence explanations. Oh, yeah, and it’s called Technologic….

Barney Fife
    /BAR-nee fīf/
    noun

CleverCraftsman
    @clevercraftsman

@evelyn

and it’s not outlined or anything and it has a million plot holes and I actually have less of an idea of what is supposed to be happening, even though it’s been around a lot longer than Andromeda. xD

Barney Fife
    /BAR-nee fīf/
    noun

Emberynus The Dragonslayer
    @emberynus-the-dragonslayer

@clevercraftsman
    Hey, another homeschooler!! What grade are you in? What curriculum does your family use? Have you always been homeschooled.

Do you like music?

(I absolutely LOVE your forum signature by the way)

Sold souls and dead promises

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest