fb

Greetings! *bows*

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Greetings! *bows*

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Livi Ryddle
    @anne_the_noob14

@april-j-rhys Welcome!! (for the third time I think? XD )

I am far from an active member (my apologies!) lol. Just throwing that out there.

I first heard of SE from my friend, thought it sounded cool, and here I am! (Some of you may know the great @wordsmith from Rillumen. Apologies if I spelled either his tag or his guild wrong. I’m too lazy to find how to spell them lol)

Why do I like to write… Well, it’s fun! ๐Ÿ˜€

What am I writing right now… I’m working on editing my first draft of one of my novels actually.

What are my favorite colors, and why… Green! I love green. It’s so nature-y and pretty! (Also it’s one of the colors I look best in with my skin tone and hair, so that’s a bonus!) I also like orange (like burnt orange), browns, and SFA purple. Orange and brown cause they’re nice to look at and they look nice on me, and SFA purple cause Lumberjack fan over here!! (Bonus points to anybody who knows of Stephen F. Austin State University!!)

โ€œEnough! Be quiet! I canโ€™t hear myself think! I canโ€™t hear my teeth chatter!"

Chalice
    @chalice

@april-j-rhys, Heyo! Welcome to Story Embers. I’m glad you’re here!

Three of my siblings went through the One Year Adventure Novel curriculum for school several years ago. I think I was too young to do it then, but I still watched the videos and learned quite a bit. My Dad still quotes the line, “What makes a story a story?” ๐Ÿ˜†

I really want to live in a tree for at least a whole week of my life someday.

That sounds awesome! ๐Ÿ˜€ Have you ever read the book,ย My Side of the Mountain?

I can’r remember for sure, but I think I found Story Embers through Kingdom Pen. I love writing because I love stories and the characters that find their way into my brain.๐Ÿ˜‹ I believe God has given me stories to tell and I can’t just let them sit around in my head.

That being said, I’m actually not writing anything right now. *sobs* I’m kind of trying to outline my story for the third or fourth time. I realized with my last draft that I really need to work out some character motivations. So, yeah. That’s what I’m procrastinating right now.

My favorite colors are yellow and purple, because they seem like happy, joyful colors to me. ๐Ÿ™‚

What are your favorite genres to read? Favorite authors? Favorite books?

ENFP-T/Artist/Writer/Musician
    โ€œCreativity takes courageโ€ -Henri Matisse

April J. Rhys
    @april-j-rhys

@anne_the_noob14
    Hi again! ๐Ÿ˜€
    Oooh. Editing is fun. What is your novel about? ๐Ÿ™‚
    I have never heart of SFA Purple. XD I’m guessing its your school’s color purple? O.O I love green too. *snuggles in green stuff*

@chalice

:] I know, I love that intro. Such good music. OYAN was the best. I also know Kingdom Pen (though not as well)!
    I’ve heard of that book, but I’ve never read it. ๐Ÿ™‚ I’m guessing someone gets to live in a tree in it?
    O.O I’m sorry outlining has been rough. That can be one of the most frustrating steps I think. X[ Do you need someone to look at it or bounce ideas off of?
    My favorite genre to read would be furry (so long as it’s clean and that’s super rare, so I never get to actually read it. -_-). Fantasy is my heart genre, but I’ll read just about any genre other than horror. ๐Ÿ˜€ What about you?
    My favorite writers are Lloyd Alexander, Elizabeth Goudge, C.S. Lewis, Tolkien, Trenton Lee Stewart, Charles Dickens, etc. ๐Ÿ™‚
    Random question…but are you in two guilds?

~To Infinity and Beyond

Chalice
    @chalice

@april-j-rhys, Yeah, the main character lives in a tree. That used to be one of my favorite books. ๐Ÿ™‚

Yeah, it might help to have someone to brainstorm with and bounce ideas off of. Would you be interested in doing that?

I like contemporary fiction, fantasy, urban fantasy…. I’ll read almost anything, except for horror, like you said. ๐Ÿ™‚

Yes, I’m in two guilds. New Wessex and Camp Artifex (the art guild). Do you like to draw? Or paint?

ENFP-T/Artist/Writer/Musician
    โ€œCreativity takes courageโ€ -Henri Matisse

April J. Rhys
    @april-j-rhys

Oh wow, he lives in a tree? I officially need to read that. We have the book too. I remember seeing it on the bookshelf but the cover never captured my interest, so I never read it. <:P #don’tjudgeabookbyitscover

Yes, I would be! Just warning you, I’ll probably only be able to get on once a week. But please feel free to DM me your story plot/characters/outline/any info you’d like to start sharing. ๐Ÿ™‚

I haven’t read much urban fantasy, but that sounds fun…O.O Is it kinda dystopian?

Yes, I love to draw. <3 Art is another means of storytelling to me. What about you? Is Artifex for artists only?

~To Infinity and Beyond

Livi Ryddle
    @anne_the_noob14

@april-j-rhysย  Everybody asks me what it’s about and I guess I need to write a synopsis to give people.. So it’s a pretty typical (?) adventure-type story about this typical guy who does typical stuff like fight bad guys, kill monsters, and go on adventures with his friends. (gosh this whole thing sounds so cheesy when I try to explain it) (Looking for alpha readers! Anybody??)

Yeah, my dad works at SFA and our (I say our cause like my entire family graduated from there) colors are white and purple.

โ€œEnough! Be quiet! I canโ€™t hear myself think! I canโ€™t hear my teeth chatter!"

Christianna Hellwig
    @christianna-hellwig

@april-j-rhysย ย  April!!!! This is exceedingly late, but I only just saw this. Alas, we don’t always get emailed whenever we’re tagged. Rejoiced you’re on. Dreadfully disappointed that you’re not in my guild. But, I suppose the other guilds need some help. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Hope to see you around here somehow or another!

"...Together fused in such a way,
    That what I speak of is a single light."

RyoWildfire
    @ryowildfire

@april-j-rhys

Hello to a fellow Sonic the Hedgehog fan! I love the StH comics and am currently going through the Archie series (on issue 145 right now). It’s nice to meet you. ๐Ÿ™‚

I found Story Embers while researching worldbuilding for my current WIP and was thrilled to find I was on a Christian writers website.

My favorite Genre to write in is Epic Fantasy. There is something that is very rewarding about creating your own story.

P.S.

My favorite color is purple followed closely by blue.

April J. Rhys
    @april-j-rhys

@anne_the_noob XD XD Oh wow…sounds…riveting? (For real though, you said monsters. :}) I actually already have you on my critiquing cue! *happy bounce* There are three stories ahead of you, but hopefully I can read like the wind and lend hand out before the alpha process is over. XD

@christianna-hellwig
    CHRISTIANNA. <3 <3 Oh GOOD, I was hoping our paths would cross, dear friend. *hugs* I am thoroughly enjoying SE so far, thanks again for recommending it. XD Sad luck about the guilds, right? Aw, well. Guess you’re right though. *cackles* (Has done literally nothing to help the word wars or guild wars yet O-O)

@ryowildfire
    HEY! *high fives* Great to meet you too! ๐Ÿ˜€ Yes, Archie comics are/were the best. *RIP* I actually haven’t officially read them, but I’ve seen snippets and pieces and read a lot of the Mobius Encyclopedia. Who is your favorite character?
    AH, Epic fantasy yes…what is your WIP about? ๐Ÿ™‚

~To Infinity and Beyond

RyoWildfire
    @ryowildfire

@april-j-rhys

Knuckles is my favorite character from the Archie series while Julie-Su (Knuckles’ love interest) is a close second. It is a bit sad that the Archie Comics got canceled but I’m glad IDW is now publishing the Sonic comics. I’m also glad that they kept Ian Flynn as the writer (I’m almost to the Ian Flynn stories in the Archie series) as he seems to write Sonic really well.

My WIP pitch is below (the pitch itself is also a WIP, especially since my novel isn’t finished yet). ๐Ÿ™‚

“While searching for a special kind of energy stone used as a resource for her city, a woman finds an ancient seal on a dark prison which holds an evil force.

Thinking it is a new kind of energy stone, she accidentally breaks the seal with an ancient magical sword that belonged to her father, trapping herself in a realm that is in-between worlds.

She must now find a way to communicate with her fiance to let him know that she is still alive and work with him to stop the remaining seals from breaking.”

Have you read any of the IDW Sonic the Hedgehog comics?

April J. Rhys
    @april-j-rhys

@ryowildfire

AAH, yes, man, the echidnas are the best! ๐Ÿ˜€ I love Knuckles too. I was introduced to the Boom canon version of him first, which was unfortunate. XP Since then, I’ve learned about him more from other canons and he’s so hardcore. And I don’t know much about Julie-Su, but I can’t wait to read about her because I’ve seen alot of art of her. It really stinks that the echidnas are gone from the comics forever because of that big disagreement with Archie and Sega. XP

Yes, please tell me what you think of Ian Flynn’s work! I know a lot of SatAM fans who don’t like him for some reason, but I kinda like the places he took the story from what I’ve seen of it here and there…

No, I have not seen IDW yet. I kinda refuse to read them until they’ve proven to me (via word of mouth from the fandom) that they can do hardcore plots/characters/worldbuilding like Archie did. I am afraid I am skeptical. I mean, Archie didn’t get really good until later on, so I’m hoping IDW will get good too, but as of now, I haven’t been impressed with their take on the characters…what about you, do you enjoy IDW? Think I should give it a chance? XD

Wow, I like the flavor of your WIP! I can already tell it has a lot of mystery to it, which is a plus. ๐Ÿ™‚ Since you mentioned the synopsis was a WIP as well, just thought I’d say that it might be cool if you mention the woman’s name or something distinctive about her appearance/job/abilities/or personality to hint to the reader what kind of character she is. All in all, good job though! Synopsis are hard to write. XD

~To Infinity and Beyond

RyoWildfire
    @ryowildfire

@april-j-rhys

Yeah. I’m not a fan of the Boom version of Knuckles either, classic Knuckles is the best. And I was saddened by the fact that characters like Julie-Su and Sally Acorn weren’t going to be in the IDW series as well, but so far I’m liking what Ian Flynn is doing with Sonic in the IDW comics. There are plenty of new characters that are being introduced, too (like Whisper the Wolf and Tangle the Lemur who are both good characters). From what I’ve read so far I can definitely recommend the IDW Sonic Series. I’ve been getting the 4 issue volume collections from Amazon as they are being released. I just got volume 3 which collects issues 9-12 so I am a bit behind on where the series issues are currently, but hey, I like saving money and buying the collections vs individual issues is one way to do that. I don’t mind waiting a bit to read the issues. ๐Ÿ˜€

I’m not sure why other SatAM fans wouldn’t like Flynn (I’m a fan of the SatAM Sonic, it was such a great show back in the day).

Thanks for the tips on the synopsis of my WIP as well. I’m still working some of the details out, but the woman’s name is Celya and she tends to act before she thinks, loves food, and is a skilled harvester of the magical energy stones in the WIP’s world (as well as skilled with using weapons and other items charged with said stones).

April J. Rhys
    @april-j-rhys

@ryowildfire

Ooo, that’s a good idea, getting the comics in bulk like that! :] Sounds like I should probably give them a try! Whisper and Tangle sound like interesting characters…maybe I can incorporate them into my Retelling as lowkey background Rebels. ๐Ÿ™‚

I’m not for certain why, but I think some fans didn’t like him because he changedsome things from the original SatAM flavor? I’ve personally always liked his work. That arc with Sally being roboticized was a knife to the heart.

Oh, FUN. I Love that name, Celya. I’m already more interested. Any character that loves food is a good soul. XD

~To Infinity and Beyond

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest