fb

Greetings!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Anne Rhys
    @anne-rhys

Hey, everyone!

@kari-Karast
    Told me to come on over here. So here I am!
    I’m a young adult who loves writing (obviously), reading, chai tea, elephants, LOTR, and so much more. I’m also bad at writing introduction posts. XD I’m excited to be here to get to know you all and learn even more about writing!

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@anne-rhys

Oooooh. Chai tea.

Also, LotR is the bestest. Who’re your fave characters?

"You can dance with my henchman."

Anne Rhys
    @anne-rhys

@Kari-Karast

It’s amazing.

Yes! Samwise Gamgee, and Gimli.

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@anne-rhys

I knowwww. I wish I had it more often.

Yes!! Sam is the best!! Mine our Sam, Aragorn, and Legolas. Although honestly everyone could be my favorite. XD

"You can dance with my henchman."

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@anne-rhys Hello! Welcome to Story Embers! What kinds of stories do you enjoy writing most?

"Though I'm not yet who I will be, I'm no longer who I was."

Anne Rhys
    @anne-rhys

@Kari-Karast We always have some around. Really though! They are all awesome. XD.

@the-fledgling-artist
    Hi, thank you! Mmm, that’s hard. XD I’ve been really enjoying letters format (a character sending letters), one sided. And short snippet sections that have dates. They seem easier to keep track of the plot since I’m not a plotter. I hope that makes sense!

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@anne-rhys No, you’re making plenty of sense! 😀 I’ve never considered writing a story via letter format, but that sounds very interesting! What genre do you write in?

Anne Rhys
    @anne-rhys

It’s pretty fun!
    That one is historical fiction. Though I write contemporary, and mystery (more as a subtler subplot in everything I write, though). How about you?

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@anne-rhys
    Ooh I’ve always loved mysteries! I’m not quite clever enough to pull off writing one though haha. All of the story concepts running through my head right now are either fantasy genre or have fantasy elements to them. I guess they would all fit into the speculative fiction genre.

Anne Rhys
    @anne-rhys

The way I write them doesn’t seem to complicated, though I know I have a lot to learn. So who knows if I’m writing them the “right way”. I went into writing wanting to write fantasy actually! It was “too complicated” at the time, so I’ve been doing other genres that don’t really involve making up species, cultures, worlds etc. It’s crazy! XD But I love love reading it!

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@anne-rhys
    I lovee that aspect of fantasy. Though I don’t usually focus on more than one culture per story unless it’s crucial to the theme or plot for me to have more. I’m probably not as creative with that kind of stuff as a lot of fantasy writers, but I really love just picking a few things so I can really focus in on what I do have. My stories are way more about the characters than the world they live in.

Anne Rhys
    @anne-rhys

That’s cool! Yeah, I tend to focus more on characters than everything else.

EricaWordsmith
    @ericawordsmith

Hi there!! Pleased to meet you *gives a sweeping bow*

I just have to ask… Does the Rhys in your name have anything to do with John Rhys Davies? I’m sorry… The chap is my favorite actor ever, so I will probably name a pet Rhys someday, and because it is a lovely name maybe even use it as a character name and so on with the naming sequence. XD

I am a fellow fan of LOTR as well. 😉 And… Gimli… AKA John Rhys Davies!! XD

I really need to stop now…

Glad you’re here!!! 🙂

Tek an ohta! Tek an cala!

Evelyn
    @evelyn

@anne-rhys Hello and welcome!

I’m Evelyn and I love loves writing, reading, chai tea, elephants, LOTR as well! And I’m so excited to meet you. I love your tastes. 😉

Really though… stories are wonderful. Tea is so soothing. Elephants are adorable and awe-inspiring. And Lord of the Rings is so heart wrenching!

What genres do you normally write in? Historical fiction? What is your favorite author?

Welcome to Story Embers!

*showers you in confetti and chocolate*

Anne Rhys
    @anne-rhys

@ericawordsmith YES! From my first (since discarded), novel. I had two siblings, John Rhys and Kirstie Rhys. I took her name as my pen name, then just last year (I think), decided Anne made way more sense. XD

@Evelyn
    COOL! HF/mystery/contemporary. Somewhere in the lines of all of those. XD except HF and contemporary don’t really mix. XD
    Tolkien, Nadine Brandes, Brian Jacques, Lewis, Markus Zusak, and…Lots of others. You?
    Thank you! Yes, chocolate!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.