fb

Greetings!

Tagged: 

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    JoySparrow
    @joysparrow

Hello! I joined a few days ago and realized that I missed seeing this section. Oh well. Now or never! I’m Joy! I’ve been a storyteller all my life, and a writer for the past six years or so. I’ve completed two novels (ish? They were short, so maybe more novella length?) and one novella, of which one was science fiction, one was fantasy, and the novella was a cyberpunk fantasy mix. All of which needs a lot of doctoring. . . I’m also interested in script writing, play-writing, poetry, and possibly video game writing, though I’m just starting to learn about the last one.

Other than writing/storytelling, I love to create things. Mostly I do fiber crafts, such as knitting, crocheting, and spinning, though I have done my own share of drawing. I was homeschooled all the way through high school. In high school I was able to go through the OYAN curriculum, which reawakened my love of storytelling. I can’t wait to meet everyone on here!

Art is a visual language, and Christians have a responsibility to learn that language.-Nancy Pearcey

Ariel Ashira
    @ashira

@joysparrow Welcome to SE!  glad to meet you!  Have you been published before?  How old are you?  I write mostly his-fic, and I am sixteen.  And I have never actually finished a novel, so you are ahead of me! 😀

"No matter how much it hurts, how dark it gets, or how hard you fall, you are never out of the fight."

J. Dekreel
    @dekreel

@joysparrow

Welcome to Story Embers, Joy! That’s a great name, by the way. 😀 Got a favorite book?

ENFP-T. Cartoonist, "half-writer", wolfish.
    Blog

JoySparrow
    @joysparrow

@ashira No, I haven’t been published before, and I’m 25. That gives me what, fifty more years to work on my stories?

@dekreel
    Thanks! I have a lot of favorites, it’s hard to chose just one! As a child, I loved The Horse and His Boy by C. S. Lewis. I think I read it about nine times before I was a teenager! As a teenager I loved The Hollow Kingdom trilogy by Clare B. Dunkle, Howl’s Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones, and The Wee Free Men by Terry Pratchett. Within the last year or so I’ve really enjoyed the 100 Cupboards trilogy by N. D. Wilson, The Lunar Chronicles series by Merissa Meyer, and The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson. There’s also Ender’s Shadow/Ender’s Game, Dune, and other good books. . . It’s hard to choose.

Art is a visual language, and Christians have a responsibility to learn that language.-Nancy Pearcey

Ariel Ashira
    @ashira

@joysparrow 😀

What genre do you write in?

"No matter how much it hurts, how dark it gets, or how hard you fall, you are never out of the fight."

JoySparrow
    @joysparrow

@ashira I write Speculative Fiction, or the weird stories. My hope is to dabble in Steampunk next, but my current story is a fantasy. I’ve also written a novella in a Cyberpunk universe, and my first novel was a science fantasy. I have found that what I have been reading fiction wise influences a lot about what I write. Growing up I read a lot of mystery and adventure novels with some fantasy thrown in here and there, mainly Tolkien and Lewis’ works. Currently my fictional tastes have greatly broadened, and so has my interest in writing a broader range of genres.

The Fledgling Artist
    @the-fledgling-artist

@joysparrow Hello! Welcome to Story Embers! 🙂 We’re all glad to have you! I assume that since you are interested in writing for games that you also like to play them too. If so, do you have any favorites? 🙂

"Though I'm not yet who I will be, I'm no longer who I was."

Selah CJW
    @selah-chelyah

@joysparrow   Welcome to S.E.! 🙂 Love your name! Where do you live? How old are you? How did you find the forums?

Assistant Guildmaster of the Phantom Awesome Meraki
    ~ Created to create ~

A Kitchen Sink
    @hgm_barnes18

@joysparrow

So nice to meet you! I love Speculative fiction and your novels/novellas sound super interesting. You also said you enjoy some poetry writing, so I’ll ask about that as well, since other people perhaps haven’t yet. XD What style of poetry is your favorite? 😀 Do you have any favorite poets?

"If you called out to the void loud enough... hard enough... would the void answer back?"

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.