Graphic Designer, At Your Service

Forums Art Art Discussions Graphic Designer, At Your Service

Viewing 7 posts - 61 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    Beth Darlene
    @beth20

I had asked you a few questions (I think they’re on the previous page), but to make it easier, I’ll just paste them in here:

Sorry! I never saw those!!

I’m kind of confused about the whole girl thing. How old is she?

She’s 13.

Is she good or bad?

She’s good!

And are there any characteristics unique to your story that could help make the cover stand out?

Um…well like I said, she made this other world come to life with her imagination. And there are some other characters that could be on the cover maybe. There are three boys, Jered 14, Tim 11, and Silas 15. Oh and Jaylin 14.

There are also bad guys who are wizards. The main bad guy’s name is Aclabar and he’s always dressed in black. And he has a right-hand man, and they can talk telepathically.

And, an older man named Throden who is good. And he knows a little bit of magic. But mostly fights with swords and such.

You get into the other world by going through a door in an old house.

The other world is kinda medieval looking.

Marrill, the girl who created the other world, and Jered and Tim all come from this world which is in modern-day.

So those are just random things. You can do whatever you want with the cover lol!

Hope that helps!

Jominkreesa! For the weirdos who know what it means! 😉

Livi Ryddle
      @anne_the_noob14

@claire-h Oh! You’re good! I haven’t been in any hurry for it or anything 🙂

Let’s see… what did I say I had in mind… Brb, lemme go find what I said XD

"Reck not."
      ~Sir Nicholas Beauvallet

Livi Ryddle
      @anne_the_noob14

So this is what I had said… “A young man in a long coat and scarf that are flapping in the breeze, facing away from you, looking up a cobblestone road in front of the docks. A clock tower in the distance maybe. It’s overcast and looks cold. One of the man’s hands is in his coat pocket, the other is holding a letter. His posture and the whole mood radiates sorrow and forlorn-ness.”

So maybe to simplify, like… a man wrapped in a cloak, facing away from the reader, looking up a narrow road lined with storefronts, and an overcast sky.

Better? And please feel free to modify anything, or change something about the description or whatever. I just want to keep the “overcast sky, long cloak, Sherlock-Holmes-era” aesthetic 😀

"Reck not."
      ~Sir Nicholas Beauvallet

Anne of Lothlorien
      @anne-of-lothlorien

@claire-h That is so awesome!!!! Thank you! Only one thing and sorry to be so picky *embarrassed face* It’s probably a stupid question, but is it possible to take the glasses off? Did you put them on or is that part of the original picture? That’s the only thing I can see that would improve it, but it’s awesome anyways! Thank you so much!!!!! 🙂

I'm short, I like words, and I love people.
        No, I didn't draw my profile pic.

Claire
        @claire-h

@beth20 @anne_the_noob14

Ok, I’ll see what I can do! 😉

@anne-of-lothlorien

I agree with you on the glasses… Unfortunately they were already there. :/ It’s so hard to find free images that match up with what you imagine!!!

a flower does not think of competing with the flower next to it.
          it just blooms.

Beth Darlene
          @beth20

Okay!

Jominkreesa! For the weirdos who know what it means! 😉

Claire
            @claire-h

@anne_the_noob14

Ok, draft one is done! 🙂 The hardest thing was finding a picture of a man with a coat from the back… I hope it’s ok. Let me know what you think! I can change the layout, font, colors, etc. For fun, I might come up with another option too.

a flower does not think of competing with the flower next to it.
              it just blooms.

Viewing 7 posts - 61 through 67 (of 67 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest