Graphic Designer, At Your Service

Forums Art Art Discussions Graphic Designer, At Your Service

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    Beth Darlene
    @beth20

Hey Claire!!

Love that you’re doing this!

I might have something that you could do.

I got an idea for a cover!!

So I need something that has to do with a girl creating a world through her imagination. So whatever that means! XDย 

Title, Ninjanaria

Author, Beth Darlene

Genre, obv high fantasy lol!

Thanks!

Jominkreesa! For the weirdos who know what it means! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Livi Ryddle
      @anne_the_noob14

@claire-h ๐Ÿ˜€ Thank you!

And I’m not 100% sure what the difference between ebook and “regular” or whatever is, so SURE!! XD Just whatever you usually do is fine.

"Reck not."
      ~Sir Nicholas Beauvallet

Claire
      @claire-h

@beth20

Ok! I’ll add you to the list ๐Ÿ˜‰ I will need some more details though. Do you have a color scheme in mind? What’s the theme of the book? Are there any specific things you would like on the cover?

@anne_the_noob14

Lol. Well, ebook format is just the cover itself, not the spine or anything. And I’ve been thinking about a few things I’d like to ask about your story. What’s the audience? And what’s the overall theme and plot? I’m just trying to figure out what to do in case I can’t make your exact dream cover. I wish I had more resources so I could, but right now I’m pretty limited… :/

a flower does not think of competing with the flower next to it.
        it just blooms.

Anne of Lothlorien
        @anne-of-lothlorien

@claire-h Oooh, I love it! (Well, most of it) I hope I’m not being to picky, but there are only two things I’d like maybe a bit different.

The font and title… I think I’d like it all in one font, and something a bit more swirly and old looking, maybe.

The second thing is that I like the guy in the shadows, but he’s kinda blocked by the scrolly things up top and it took me a bit to realize he was there… maybe he can be moved or made more visible or something?? I don’t really know how you’d work it.

But anyways, I don’t want to sound ungrateful for the time you put into this because it really is really cool! And e-book format is totally fine. XD

I'm short, I like words, and I love people.
          No, I didn't draw my profile pic.

Claire
          @claire-h

@anne-of-lothlorien

Hey, no worries! Anything I can do to make it better. ๐Ÿ™‚ Here’s an option. What do you think of the font? I’m not too sure about the frame thing, so I can change that if you don’t like it.

it just blooms.

Claire
            @claire-h

Another option with the frame thing. @anne-of-lothlorien

it just blooms.

Livi Ryddle
              @anne_the_noob14

@claire-h

Ah, gotcha. Yes, ebook is fine ๐Ÿ™‚

My target audience is young adult, and the overall theme/plot… *eye twitches*

XD Ok so let’s see. I really don’t think a ton about theme as I write, but I was researching theme the other day and so I can probably answer that question anyway ๐Ÿ˜›

So, Lucas has to get over his fear of loving people. He’s gonna have to realize that heartbreak from losing a loved one is ok. Painful, yes. But he can’t hide from love.

Maybe that answers your question somewhat?

"Reck not."
              ~Sir Nicholas Beauvallet

Livi Ryddle
              @anne_the_noob14

@claire-h @anne-of-lothlorien

Ooh and personally, I like the last one Claire sent… The border thing looks like it fits better. But that’s just my opinion ๐Ÿ™‚

"Reck not."
              ~Sir Nicholas Beauvallet

Anne of Lothlorien
              @anne-of-lothlorien

@claire-h Yes, the last one is my favorite! The font and the border look lovely!

Do you think maybe that you could try one with the guy moved down and to the left, maybe so his face is visible more and he’s not cut off? But still in the shadows? Is that possible, or not?

Claire
                @claire-h

@anne-of-lothlorien

Great! That’s my favorite too. Ok, so the deal with the guy is that he has a pipe hanging out the other side of his mouth… that’s the only reason I haven’t scooted it over more. What do you think?

it just blooms.

Anne of Lothlorien
                  @anne-of-lothlorien

@claire-h

Okay, so we can’t move him. XD

Could you maybe look for another picture of a guy? Maybe something less close up, like just a shadowy picture of a guy in a long coat, from the back maybe? Or if you can see the face, someone younger, maybe? The main characters is 20. If not, it’s fine as it is.

Claire
                    @claire-h

@anne-of-lothlorien

Ok, I’ll look around and see what I can do. I might not be able to find anything…

it just blooms.

Beth Darlene
                      @beth20

Okay, I will try to give you more details lol!!

Do you have a color scheme in mind?ย Not really. Maybe darker colors?

Whatโ€™s the theme of the book?ย  ย ย Theme? Like what exactly do you mean?

Are there any specific things you would like on the cover?ย ย No, other than maybe a girl (the one who made Ninjanaria.) and maybe a boy to represent Jered.

Jominkreesa! For the weirdos who know what it means! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Claire
                        @claire-h

@anne-of-lothlorien Oh, and what name would you like me to put at the bottom? I almost forgot!

@beth20
                          I was just trying to get a feel for your story. I’m kind of confused about the whole girl thing. How old is she? Is she good or bad? What age? And are there any characteristics unique to your story that could help make the cover unique? Sorry for all the questions, lol. The more details, the easier it is for me to design a cover. ๐Ÿ™‚

it just blooms.

Anne of Lothlorien
                          @anne-of-lothlorien

@claire-h *thumbs up* Awesome! And sorry for being so picky. ๐Ÿ˜›

Uh, you can just leave it without a name, cause Anne isn’t my real name and I’m not supposed to put my real name up here. ๐Ÿ˜›

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 67 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                          Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest