Graphic Designer, At Your Service

Forums Art Art Discussions Graphic Designer, At Your Service

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    Ella
    @writergirl101

@claire-h

I’m still coming up with the story’s groundwork, but I would also add that not all of the humans are evil–the government just lost control, but there are still some who have a sense of right and wrong.

If something goes wrong in your life, yell "Plot twist!" and keep going. ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿฐ

Anne of Lothlorien
      @anne-of-lothlorien

@claire-h

The book I’m working on is called The Apprentice Spy. It’s not my current WIP, more of a backburner project. The book bounces in third person between several characters, some on the good side, some on the bad, but the main character is Gideon, a young man at a school for spies. He sneaks out one night and steals something from the Governor’s train which sets a whole chain of events in motion. The second main character is Keera, a governess for the Governor’s young daughter, and then the Governor himself, Blanke.

It’s not modern day… there are trains, telephones, and electricity, and early motor cars, but no cell phones, computers, machine guns, etc. It’s also not on this earth. Or… it is on this earth, but not this earth as it is. The countries are different. I haven’t even pinned down the feel of it yet, the era… no shorts and tank tops and graphic tees, but like… pants and suspenders and caps and long coats.

I’m not really sure what I want for the cover, so maybeย  you could just make something based off what I gave and it’ll turn out to be perfect! XD I’m thinking an old feel… possibly a train… shadowy figures… spies, but not like walkie talkies and bombs… old-fashioned things… browns and reds and shadows… is that enough of a feel to go on??

I'm short, I like words, and I love people.
        No, I didn't draw my profile pic.

Claire
        @claire-h

@writergirl101

Sounds like an interesting premise! I’m assuming she’s the one who sets the snares and stuff shown on the map?

a flower does not think of competing with the flower next to it.
          it just blooms.

Claire
          @claire-h

@anne-of-lothlorien

Ooh, that sounds super cool! I could probably make a cover and see how you like it.

Also I know what you mean about a back burner project. I have too many. XD

it just blooms.

Ella
            @writergirl101

@claire-h

Yes, but I’m not sure how she knows how to. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ย  I’m kidding, she has this book (yes, she knows how to read, but just not Tolstoy) that shows her how to do stuff.ย  It’s actually a real book–The Dangerous Book for Boys.ย  The family who lived there before the US fell into chaos had a son who owned that.

If something goes wrong in your life, yell "Plot twist!" and keep going. ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿฐ

Claire
              @claire-h

@writergirl101

Gotcha! Makes sense. ๐Ÿ˜† My brother actually owns The Dangerous Book for Boys. Lol

it just blooms.

Ella
                @writergirl101

@claire-h

Haha!ย  That’s great.

Emberynus The Dragonslayer
                  @emberynus-the-dragonslayer

@claire-h

I don’t have anything at the moment. I haven’t been finishing a lot of stories recently. ๐Ÿ™ Been a lil distracted. I’ll let you know when I have something.

You’re profile picture is beautiful btw! ๐Ÿ™‚

Sleep doesn't help if it's your soul that's tired.

Ella
                  @writergirl101

@claire-h, @anne-of-lothlorien, @everyoneelse

I just got Canva and I love it!ย  But, I was wondering if there were any other graphic/digital art apps/websites you guys like?ย  I’d like to look into other things like this, so I’d love to have y’all’s input.

Thanks!

๐Ÿค— Ella

Anne of Lothlorien
                    @anne-of-lothlorien

@writergirl101 I’m super simple… I just get pictures off the internet, Pinterest mostly, and use paint and paint.netย  and the editing feature on my laptop. I don’t actually have any graphic art websites or programs.

I'm short, I like words, and I love people.
                      No, I didn't draw my profile pic.

Claire
                      @claire-h

@emberynus-the-dragonslayer

Iโ€™ll let you know when I have something.

Ok! ๐Ÿ‘Œ

Youโ€™re profile picture is beautiful btw!

Thank you! I really like it myself. ๐Ÿ™‚

@writergirl101

Well, right now I just use Canva. And if I need to do some drawing, I use ibisPaintX.

it just blooms.

Livi Ryddle
                        @anne_the_noob14

@claire-h Ooh! I would love a book cover!

So… I have a few WIPs, actually… But this one is my baby. And I need to pull it out from the pile of dust it’s been sitting in and work on it some more XD

Working title: The Chronicles of Lucas McAsgain (I imagine the cover to have his name in a bigger font, with “the chronicles of” above it in smaller font, but do whatever seems reasonable)

Aesthetic/stuff: It’s set somewhere around the 1880s, in Scotland/England/thereabouts. Think trench coats, long scarves, calligraphy, pressed flowers between the leaves of an old book… water in the grooves of the cobblestone roads from the rain last night, a tavern sign hanging crooked and squeaking in the slight breeze… Overcast sky. A tramp huddled behind a trashcan, watching you from under his eyebrows. That kinda stuff.

So basically, Lucas is a self-employed detective/Robin Hood as a “side job”, who teaches botany to a roomful of teens. He’s probably rich, but nobody really knows for sure. Because of some childhood trauma, he distances himself from people (socially) as much as possible, to keep from getting platonic or romantic feelings for anyone. Some exceptions are his students, although he’s careful even with them.

What I’m kinda envisioning for the cover is like… A young man in a long coat and scarf that are flapping in the breeze, facing away from you, looking up a cobblestone road in front of the docks. A clock tower in the distance maybe. It’s overcast and looks cold. One of the man’s hands is in his coat pocket, the other is holding a letter. His posture and the whole mood radiates sorrow and forlorn-ness.

Obviously don’t feel like you have to use every detail that I gave you XD This is just what my “dream” cover would look like. So do whatever you can/want to, play around with it, just whatever! And don’t feel pressured to even do it at all! ๐Ÿ™‚

If you doย do it, you can either email me or put it here, whichever you prefer! My email is liviryddle04@gmail . com

"Reck not."
                        ~Sir Nicholas Beauvallet

Claire
                        @claire-h

@anne_the_noob14
                          Ah, I love how that story sounds! Such a neat combination. Especially the teaching botany part. ๐Ÿ™‚ I would totally read it.

And designing book covers is my dream job, so of course I’ll give it shot!!

it just blooms.

Claire
                          @claire-h

@anne-of-lothlorien

Ok, I have the first draft of your book cover. Let me know what you think! Feel free to tell me what you don’t like. ๐Ÿ˜‰ I can change anything. Fonts, colors, pictures, etc.

it just blooms.

Claire
                            @claire-h

@anne_the_noob14 @anne-of-lothlorien

Are you good with the covers being in ebook format?

it just blooms.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 67 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest