Good Day Y'all Mates *Sips Chai Tea*

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Good Day Y'all Mates *Sips Chai Tea*

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    J.A.Penrose
    @j-a-penrose

Well, I have made it at last!

Introducing me… hmmm…

Aiya! I figure that thanks to KP people may have seen me about, but I am a young Aussie Christian writer who also does some editing and critiquing on the side when schooling allows for it. I love music, whether I am writing it, playing it or listening to it as well as making soundtracks for my stories.

I tend to write YA speculative fiction, most of which is dystopian with a bit of fantasy on the side. Reading wise, basically the same, but I also like the classics, some historical fiction, and yeah. A lot more fantasy than I write.

Current WIPs include…

Dystopian: Eyes of the Future, World of Ice, Traitor’s Ploy

Fantasy: Chosen by Fire, Destined Traveller, Wrongfully Silenced (Chosen by Fire Novella)

Contemporary: Throwing Caution into the Wind, Autumn Artist, Immortal Hero

But yesss! Story Embers is looking amazing and I can’t wait to find out more about it and everything!

Other random facts:

I am an INFP

I’ve been writing for about 5 years

Chai tea is amazing

I can speak Quenya semi-fluently

I tend to flail a lot about books

That’s all from me, and YAY FOR STORY EMBERS!

Writer | Freelance editor
    Inspiration

Brandon Miller
    @brandon-miller

Hey, @j-a-penrose welcome to the crew! That’s a alot of WIP’s. Which one is currently your favorite?

---
    Fair Winds and Following Seas,
    Brandon Miller -- Wesley Turner

Mariposa Aristeo
    @mariposa

Howdy, @j-a-penrose! I have a dinosaur who likes to flail about books (so much that he devours them in one bite). πŸ¦–πŸ˜œ What’s your favorite soundtrack to listen to while writing?

J.Parkhurst
    @j-parkhurst

A fellow Quenya-speaker! Aiya! I am hardly fluent now (three years of hardly touching it have paid their price), but I am always delighted to find a kindred speaker.

https://historyheartandhats.wordpress.com/

J.A.Penrose
    @j-a-penrose

@brandon-miller Yeah, it is quite a few! Erm, I’m currently doing Eyes of the Future for Camp NaNo, so, probably that one at the moment. *pats all of the other ones*

@mariposa Hahah, well that’s a good dinosaur. *nodnod* I approve. xP Favorite soundtrack? Oooooh… there’s so many… Probably the Kaladin Soundtrack by the Black Piper. I mean, who doesn’t want to listen to pure epicness while writing? What about you?

@j-parkhurst Eeeep! That’s so cool! There’s not many of us about, so very exciting to find one. And yeah, I know what you mean. I’m actually taking Quenya at school, so, that means I get a fair bit of time to learn it.

Inspiration

Zachary Holbrook
    @toklaham-veruzia

Your school offers Quenya classes? Wow!

γŠγ―γ„γ‚ˆγ†. ζ—₯本θͺžγ―ε₯½γγ§γ™ .

J.A.Penrose
    @j-a-penrose

@toklaham-veruzia Haha, no, just a few of us have a free period at the same time and we are all Quenya people and we have a teacher who is fluent in Quenya, so, yeah.

Inspiration

J.Parkhurst
    @j-parkhurst

@j-a-penrose That is absolutely fantastic. (Can I join as a refresher? πŸ˜› ) Which course/resources are you using to learn?

https://historyheartandhats.wordpress.com/

Mariposa Aristeo
    @mariposa

@j-a-penrose I’m one of those weird writers who has to have perfect silence to write. πŸ˜… IΒ doΒ like to listen to soundtracks while I’m illustrating my book. It’s mostly Disney soundtracks (my favorites are Tarzan, Frozen, Up, and Dinosaur).

J.A.Penrose
    @j-a-penrose

@j-parkhurst I started off by myself with just using the texts themselves, but at school we use Ardalambion. Verbs are officially annoying. And if you want to come to rural Australia then go for it! xP

@mariposa *gasps* Whaaat? People are like that??? But that’s still cool. *nodnod*

Inspiration

Sam Kowal
    @sam-kowal

@j-a-penrose Your WIP list is slaughtering mine like a knife rips dead grass… but it sounds awesome πŸ˜€

*nom, nom, nom* *eats donuts*
    Oh, are you hungry? *begins weeping*
    I would have saved you one!

J.A.Penrose
    @j-a-penrose

@sam-kowal Heheh, it’s basically called me having a short attention span and swapping between things over and over again. Some of them are in the plotting stage, some are needing editing, some are being written, and some are being rewritten, so… yeah!

Inspiration

Sam Kowal
    @sam-kowal

@j-a-penrose *nods* I do that sometimes too. I’ll also go back to old projects time to time and find they weren’t nearly as awesome as I had imagined…

*nom, nom, nom* *eats donuts*
    Oh, are you hungry? *begins weeping*
    I would have saved you one!

J.A.Penrose
    @j-a-penrose

@sam-kowal Eheheh, yes.

Inspiration

Grace T.
    @grace-tolkienista

@j-a-penrose You’re learning…Quenya…at school. DUDE. That is 1) very impressive and 2) very very very cool. I know a few phrases, but I think they’re Sindarin. Mostly I just transliterate English into Tengwar and mystify people with the doodled marginalia of all my class notes. xD And yay for YA spec fic!! We always need more good books in that genre.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest