fb

Glad to be here!

Forums General Site Info Introduce Yourself Glad to be here!

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Michelle
    @mlbolangerauthor

@h-jones @hgm_barnes18 @wordsmith

Thank you so much for asking about my books. This is my Amazon Author page.

https://www.amazon.com/Michelle-Bolanger/e/B010J6OMFS/

My personal take on Self-pub vs traditional-pub….

Self-publishing isn’t for the faint of heart at all. It is a lot of work, but well worth the effort. I think having self-published my books, I am more settled in my story telling style, my personal voice, and the message I want all my stories to tell.

I’m not sure I would have learned all that if I had immediately pursued a traditional contract. When my current series is complete, I will be working on a new series I plan to complete and then pitch to an agent. Not because I necessarily WANT a contract, but to learn how to put together a proposal. I have no idea how to write a synopsis or a query letter and I want to learn how to do those things.

I have hired editors, selected covers and worked with cover designers, learned how to format and upload files, and the basics of marketing and branding. I figure the next step in my journey is to learn how to sell a story to an agent. =)

Clumsy but cute. Apologizes a lot. Doesn't shed. Much.

Buddy J.
    @wordsmith

@mlbolangerauthor

Cool! Thanks.

Published author, student in writing, works with HazelGracePress.com

Michelle
    @mlbolangerauthor

@h-jones – My fantasy books are about an ancient race of people who have lived among ordinary humans for centuries. Each book follows a different couple as they have their ‘first love’ experience and what their contribution is to re-uniting their people as a race again. =)

My Christian fiction books are contemporary urban fiction. I call them “The Challenged Faith Novels.” Each one answers a different question about the Christian faith. – Saving Detroit is about a young man who is kidnapped and sold into human trafficking. It is his story of coming back to the God he believes abandoned him. It answers the question, “Can God really be trusted?” – The second novel, Safe Cages, is about two best friends who happen to be gay. They fall in love, get married, and have a head on collision with God’s love and acceptance which changes everything. It answers the question, “Does God love me exactly as I am?” – The third novel will be Shoot Out. It is about a young woman who chooses to have an abortion and a man who is a pro-life activist. It answers the question, “Can God really forgive me?”

A Kitchen Sink
    @hgm_barnes18

@mlbolangerauthor

I checked out your Amazon page and read a little bit of your first book in the Cotiere (probably spelled that wrong) series, and it was intriguing! I hope to read more.

"If you called out to the void loud enough... hard enough... would the void answer back?"

Michelle
    @mlbolangerauthor

@hgm_barnes18

You spelled it perfectly. =) I hope you picked up the first in the series for free.

A Kitchen Sink
    @hgm_barnes18

@mlbolangerauthor

I definitely will. 🙂

"If you called out to the void loud enough... hard enough... would the void answer back?"

Daeus Lamb
    @daeus-lamb

@mlbolangerauthor Hey, cool. I live in the Columbus area.

😀
    👕👍
    👖 🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Daeus Lamb
    @daeus-lamb

I’m curious with your challenged faith novels how you did research. Like, did you know people who had been in those situations or did you read blogs or…?

😀
    👕👍
    👖 🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Michelle
    @mlbolangerauthor

@daeus-lamb

We are in the Columbus area about once a month during hockey season. =) I’m a huge Jackets fan.

The research I did for the books was mostly reading articles, studying statistics, and following police reports and articles. But I don’t know anyone who has been in the specific situations I wrote about.

For Saving Detroit, I drew a lot on my own past feelings of shame for things that I did and that happened to me, but not on actual events. For Safe Cages I did a TON of Biblical research and study. That one changed my perspective about a lot of things. The third one Shoot Out will be my life story – mostly. Except I didn’t marry an NHL player. =)

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by Michelle.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest