fb

Game of Characters

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Game of Characters

Viewing 15 posts - 721 through 735 (of 737 total)
  • Author
    Brink
    @nuetrobolt

@kari-karast @andrew

All the time while the others were talking, Aleck was trying to calm Spadewick down. He had grown very frightened looking at the shiny, shiny jewels, and Aleck was afraid he would attack. So it was, when they decided upon what to do with the rubies, Aleck was not aware.

Then suddenly, Delton was handing the rubies out to everyone. Aleck stared at the gem. He finally had what he needed in his hand. But what was Delton saying? Delton was making a wish, but Aleck didn’t wish along. He didn’t know what would happen if they tried using them yet, and he didn’t want any of the magic of the rubies wasted until they knew.

And suddenly, there was a flash, and the rubies were gone.

“What! What have you done! After all our work! I risked my life for these stones, and you just destroyed them? What have you done!” Aleck shouted.

Then he looked down in his palm, and saw that one remained, glittering in his hand. He hadn’t wished along, so his had stayed. He closed his fist over it, suddenly embarrassed that he had to be the one stubborn one. But he needed it if he was to defeat Malcom Ace. That was more important than defeating some evil lord. There would always be evil lords, and they couldn’t worry about them all.

He slipped the gem away into his pocket. It was too late, however. They had seen.

Aleck jumped on Spadewick.

“Hey, uh, guys, I hope your wish comes true. Um, I have to go now.”

Your story is yours and no one else's. Each sunset is different, depending where you stand. -A. Peterson

Andrew Schmidt
    @andrew

@kari-karast @nuetrobolt

“What! What have you done! After all our work! I risked my life for these stones, and you just destroyed them? What have you done!” Aleck shouted. He paused, glancing at something in his palm, before jumping on Spadewick’s back, glancing at all the others. “Hey, uh, guys, I hope your wish comes true. Um, I have to go now.”

Julius froze. “We didn’t destroy the stones. They just disappeared… somewhere else. That was the purpose of this grand adventure, to bring peace to this land and forever change the lives of the people here. You will not be forgotten; you will go down in Roman history for one of the heroes who played a role in the downfall of Lord Deathrock.” He happened to notice something red flash in Aleck’s hands. “Uh, Aleck, what is that…? Wait, you still have a ruby?!”

Random Stranger: "What do you want to do when you grow up?"
    Me: "Write every inch of your future."

Brink
    @nuetrobolt

@andrew

“Yes, Julius, I do, and don’t you dare try to take it from me. This one is staying with me. Now stay back. Don’t advance, or I’ll thrust this gem into Spadewick’s face, and you really don’t want to see what this dragon is like when something sparkly comes into close quarters with him. He’s not your average dragon, you know. He could never keep a treasure hoard, because everything shiny incenses him. So stay back. This isn’t a light threat. I don’t want anyone to get hurt.” Aleck backed towards Spadewick, so that he could get on him and fly away.

(Andrew, sorry for messing up your plans, but I was intending all along that Aleck was going to try to steal the gems once they had gotten them and use them for his own purposes. My plans kind of got messed up too, though, and now he only has one. Oh, well. Sorry. Blame it all on my dumb character.)

Your story is yours and no one else's. Each sunset is different, depending where you stand. -A. Peterson

Andrew Schmidt
    @andrew

@nuetrobolt: That’s okay. When Delton first came here, he just wanted the rubies too… until he realized that they would just vanish on him like that; and then he set his focus on the slaves more than the rubies. And I know this is just pretend, but I can see why Aleck would sorta get upset because he was planning on using the rubies for something else and nobody had told him that they would just disappear… Anyway, yeah, you can let Aleck get away with just that one ruby. For the sake of his dragon. Xd

Delton was still the hoping the wish would come true, even though Aleck still had a ruby.

Suddenly, there was a shout in the distance.

He had heard a lot of shouts recently, but this one was more evil and darker unlike the others. He looked up, and he didn’t know how Lord Deathrock had transported himself to the top of a tower so quickly, but he was fighting some knight. Perhaps the tower was closer to the ruby room than he expected, but nevertheless, he was in a battle; the lord seemed to be all over the place.

The knight, his armor smooth as glass but pale as snow with a red feather on  his helmet, swung at Lord Deahrock with his sword. Deathrock growled something, and struck with a axe, nearly killing his opponent. But then… the knight swung again, and the lord, being so close to the edge of the tower, lost his balance.

And they all watched as Lord Deathrock plummeted to his death.

“So, I guess our wish came true.” Delton couldn’t help but laugh.

Andrew Schmidt
    @andrew

@kari-karast @nuetrobolt @everyone

The villain is officially gone. Forever. Now I know Lord Deathrock is a human too, but I had to end his life.

So I hope nobody misses Deathrock. Xd

Andrew Schmidt
    @andrew

And I apologize if I confused anybody about the rubies. Because at the start of this Game of Characters, the rubies were supposed to be for the characters to keep as a reward, but I changed that and decided to use them instead to free the slaves.

Just clarifying that to you all!

Brink
    @nuetrobolt

@Andrew, the ruby wasn’t for his dragon. That’s not even his dragon. No, he wanted the rubies to defeat Malcom Ace.

Okay, well everything turned out rather nicely.

“Look, I’m really sorry I have to be so greedy and take all that’s left, but I’m not going to use it for myself. I’m glad Deathrock’s dead. Thanks for everything.” Aleck jumped onto Spadewick, who spread his wings and leapt into the air. Aleck waved at his friends as they faded from sight.

There, I am officially out of the game.

Andrew Schmidt
    @andrew

@nuetrobolt: Sorry if I worded my sentences weirdly, but I wasn’t talking about the ruby being for the dragon. Just letting you know.

Oh, and thank you so much for partaking in this Game of Characters!

@kari-karast
    @nuetrobolt @everyone

They all watched, and waved, as Aleck vanished into the sky.

Delton smiled at his friends. “Well, I believe I have to say goodbye.”

It was sort of sad, getting to know all these people and adventure in this strange world, but he had to leave now.

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

Karim nodded, also smiling. “Same here. It was nice meeting you all, but I can’t stay. Maybe we’ll run into each other again sometime.” He offered a two fingered salute before gathering the very last reserves of his power, causing sweat to spring up on his face, and dropping through a fiery reddish-orange portal, which snapped shut behind him.

He fell into his living room and promptly collapsed, immobilized from using too much energy. Kari jumped up from the couch and walked over to kneel by him. Karim knew his sister would take care of him, and he allowed himself to finally slip off into much needed sleep.

"You can dance with my henchman."

Andrew Schmidt
    @andrew

@kari-karast

Delton glanced over his shoulder at the knight standing atop the tower. That must be the new ruler, he guessed. He faced the rest of the people.

“Well, if anyone needs a ride to their own world,” Delton paused between his words, “I believe we got a ride coming right up for you.”

Suddenly, a big red bus appeared out of thin air. He made out big words painted in black across the vehicle: Character Delivery Bus. He had no idea who sent him. And it wasn’t one of his hallucinations either. But, it was here, and that was the way out of here.

In fact, that red bus was how Delton was transported to this world.

(Just so you know, I’m the one who sent the bus… ha, ha, ha.)

“Alright, all aboard!” Julius shouted.

Andrew Schmidt
    @andrew

And, once everyone was aboard, the bus disappeared to another world.

@kari-karast
    @nuetrobolt @everyone

Alright, the tale is told. I hope you all enjoyed the Game of Characters. Because it is officially over! 😀

Thank you all for taking your time to be a part of this adventure!

– Andrew Justice Schmidt

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@andrew

Of course! It was fun!

(Your middle name is Justice? That’s cool!)

Andrew Schmidt
    @andrew

@kari-karast: Thanks! Yeah, my middle name is Justice.

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

@andrew That’s awesome! It’s a good name.

Andrew Schmidt
    @andrew

@kari-karast, thanks!

Viewing 15 posts - 721 through 735 (of 737 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest