Game of Characters

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Game of Characters

This topic contains 718 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  Veraza Winterknight 2 hours, 48 minutes ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 706 through 719 (of 719 total)
  • Author

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

AGH I AM SO, SO SORRY GUYS I JUST COMPLETELY DISAPPEARED AND I AM SO SORRY.

@nuetrobolt @andrew

Also, @bookgirl hasn’t been on in a longggg time. So I don’t know if anyone will be around to play Ash for a while.

_____

Karim climbed carefully to his feet, still holding his injured arm to his chest. He let loose another fireball in Deathrock’s direction, then ran at full speed towards Spadewick. He skidded to a stop next to the dragon and eyed it warily. He didn’t have good experiences with dragons. But… he didn’t really have another option, did he? Giving a resigned sigh, he gingerly climbed aboard.

(ENFP) Even the word hopeless is not entirely devoid of hope.

Andrew Schmidt
    @andrew

Delton climbed aboard the dragon, just when he spotted a lone figure in the shadows. “Come on, Ash!”

She glanced toward them, the scrambled forward. In her hands were the rubies.

When they were all on the dragon’s back, Spadewick streaked forward like lightning.

Leaving Deathrock shouting angrily in the distance.

(ISFP!) Artistic, redheaded, nature-loving, crazy writer. Mine favorite Indiana animal: Red Fox.

Andrew Schmidt
      @andrew

@nuetrobolt @kari-karast @everyone

When Spadewick came to a stop, Delton didn’t know where he was at first. It had all happened so fast. He knew the dragon could go fast, but that was, like, really fast.

They were out of the castle already. Roman soldiers shouted, dashing about and whipping slaves. Just the sight of it made him mad.

“Alright, we need to split up the rubies,” Delton said. “Remember, they’re magical. So… be careful.”

(ISFP!) Artistic, redheaded, nature-loving, crazy writer. Mine favorite Indiana animal: Red Fox.

Veraza Winterknight
        @kari-karast

Karim nodded. “I’ve had experience with magical stuff before, don’t worry. How do they rubies work?” He glared down at the soldiers with clenched fists, barely keeping himself from jumping off the dragon and attacking them right there and then.

Andrew Schmidt
        @andrew

@kari-karast @nuetrobolt @e_elaine_soup5 @everyone

Ash handed Delton the rubies, which were now stuffed in a little brown fabric sack. He hopped off the dragon’s back.

“All we need to do, after we split them up, is make a wish. But, we must all agree on the same one wish. And if the wish is too big, there are always consequences.” Delton inhaled. “Once the wish is done, the rubies will dissolve into thin air. Never again to be seen by us. For someone else will find them.”

“I wonder why Lord Deathrock didn’t use them already?” Julius wondered. “Perhaps he didn’t know, or was still thinking about which wish to make. Or something else. Nevertheless, this is our one and only chance.”

“I say the wish should be that all the slaves to be set free,” Delton said. “But if you got any better wishes, as long as it isn’t too big, let me know.”

Veraza Winterknight
          @kari-karast

Karim stared at the bag curiously, thinking. “What if we wished for Deathrock’s reign to end? Wouldn’t that free the slaves and take care of Deathrock at the same time?”

Andrew Schmidt
          @andrew

“Well, that make work,” Delton replied. “But at the same time, what if Lord Deathrock’s reign ended, and someone even crueler, evil becomes the lord? Such as his son.”

“What about wishing for a good leader?” said Julius. “A good leader would have Lord Deathrock cast into the dungeons and the slaves freed. And teach good to all those here… That wish better not be too big.”

“Don’t worry, Julius, that wish is definitely not too big. A big wish would be to have a planet destroyed or something. And opposite of that is a wish that is too small, like asking for a cupcake.” Delton shrugged his shoulders.

Veraza Winterknight
            @kari-karast

Karim nodded. “A good leader would be a good idea. But we’d have to make sure to word it carefully.”

Andrew Schmidt
            @andrew

“Yes,” Delton agreed. “Perhaps wording like this, ‘this land  shall ruled by a pure and righteous ruler to execute justice and bring peace to all.’ Do you have any suggestions? Before the wish done and made?”

Veraza Winterknight
              @kari-karast

Karim nodded again, slowly this time. He hadn’t really thought of that. “Yes. Although I was thinking more like the timing. If we wish for that, who knows when it’ll happen. We should make sure to say when we want the good leader to rise up in the wish too.”

Andrew Schmidt
              @andrew

Delton nodded. “Yes, I agree with you about that.”

“I have one thought, though,” Julius said, “who will become the ruler? Somebody random that I don’t even know about? Or even… perhaps one of you guys. But I’m sure if you would want that or not.”

Veraza Winterknight
                @kari-karast

Karim looked suddenly freaked out. “No way am I ruling anything. That would be a disaster.”

Andrew Schmidt
                @andrew

“Don’t worry, Karim, you don’t have too,” Julius said. “That was simply a thought. There are hundreds of people in that castle. One of them is bound to be a good leader.”

“Alright.” Delton took in a deep breath. “Any final thoughts on the wish? Because we need to make this wish before Lord Deathrock comes running after us.”

Veraza Winterknight
                  @kari-karast

Karim visibly relaxed. “Oh, good. And… I think we’ve pretty much covered it all… unless there’s anything you can think of?”

Viewing 14 posts - 706 through 719 (of 719 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Learn What Readers Want

We compiled and analyzed how 300+ readers answered 18 questions about what they want to see in fiction. Get the free e-book and we'll also regularly send you resources to help you grow as a writer.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Pin It on Pinterest